Gem delayed, itinerary change??

lidodeckfan

I don't care what the other lines are doing. I care what NCL is doing. I was a returning customer, but that won't be happening again.

Are you independently wealthy and have all the paid time off you want? If you can't see where we're coming from, then I'm guessing that's the case.

Not that long ago you were singing Carnival's praises. Makes me think you do care what they're doing. :rolleyes:

I don't care what the other lines are doing. I care what NCL is doing. I was a returning customer, but that won't be happening again.

Are you independently wealthy and have all the paid time off you want? If you can't see where we're coming from, then I'm guessing that's the case.

You should go out and start enjoying your vacation instead of hanging out on here just getting more and more frustrated. My suggestion would be to make sure that NCL has your cell phone number and go out and try to have some fun.

Michele,

My money will not be going to NCL in the future due to the way they are handling this- not answering questions, not offering credits, etc.

For all of you haters, check out the roll call thread. I'm not the only one "spewing" criticism. NCL's customer service needs serious work.

And they may be happy that if God forbid our city ever sees another storm of this magnitude that you are bad mouthing Carnival next time. You didn't say if you had travel insurance. I certainly hope you make it through this terribly emotional time as the rest of us on the shore with no power, heat, water, or sewer wait 8-10 days for it to come back on. Maybe there is a web board I can complain about JCP&L on?

And they may be happy that if God forbid our city ever sees another storm of this magnitude that you are bad mouthing Carnival next time. You didn't say if you had travel insurance. I certainly hope you make it through this terribly emotional time as the rest of us on the shore with no power, heat, water, or sewer wait 8-10 days for it to come back on. Maybe there is a web board I can complain about JCP&L on?

And exactly how do you know the conditions I'm currently in?

Then I would suggest, stop talking to call center people who have no control or any power to do anything. Keep climbing the ladder until you find someone with power to help you.

Might I also suggest you check the attitude that you have shown on this board before you speak to people farther up. Chances are that will get you no where. In my many many years of life, I have a found calmness and logic gets me what I want 10X's as fast as anger.

Agree. I had a bad experience at a grocery store last week. Went back a few days later smiling. Funny how that works.

What's the Miracle doing again? I know NCL is not sailing and not offering credit. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

NCL will make this as right as they can. Until the Port of New York let's NCL know what's happening, NCL simply doesn't know when they can dock.

I truly understand your frustration, but NCL's hands are tied at the moment.

I've said numerous times that it's valid to be upset - but you're barking at and about people who cannot change the situation but can possibly help.

Not that it's any of your business, but no we are not wealthy - independently or otherwise. We are limited by DH's vacation time because I get twice what he does. His company caps at 4 weeks, mine caps at 10. I did have one vacation completely derailed back in 1986. Actually, that whole year was derailed.

Well if you are worrying about going on your vacation you are not in your house scooping water out or having your freezer leaking all over your floor or chain sawing downed trees like some of us

So you're posting on a cruise forum while scooping water out of your house??? That's dedication!

I just looked at this thread and all I can say is Wow! I can see the OP frustration. Any of us would be frustrated. BUT you keep mentioning how the Carnival ship came in and left a day early. Do you thing those individuals who couldn't get to the port a day early aren't ticked off that their vacation week is ruined? They saved just as hard as you did to take a vacation and the "Greedy Carnival Company"--(insert sarcasm here) left without them. Give NCL time, when they have figured out what the heck is going on you will get your answers and your refund. Until then, use your spare time to help someone out, do a project at home or spend the day with a friend. You are entitled to be frustrated, but your anger is misguided. The poor NCL agent you are talking to has no power. You are only hurting yourself and your blood pressure by getting angry. :)

What's the Miracle doing again? I know NCL is not sailing and not offering credit. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Actually NCL is sailing - you just don't happen to be on the ship yet. Which should be making the crew happy if you act anything like you are acting here. :rolleyes: Maybe you should meet them in Boston and try to throw whoever is in your cabin off the ship!

I did have one vacation completely derailed back in 1986. Actually, that whole year was derailed.

And tell me, how excited we're YOU when it happened to you?

NCL has a chance to make things right by offering us credit before my whole vacation is lost.

NCL has a chance to make things right by offering us credit before my whole vacation is lost.

Well, my dad was murdered, so not very, but I also wasn't barking at people even though I was all of 21. I knew enough that yelling at anyone wouldn't help. I cried a bunch, but no yelling or barking. And at that point, the vacation was the last thing on my mind.

Can't you just call your insurance company and consider it "lost" now and then make other plans for the rest of your time off? You don't sound like you want to go on an NCL cruise anyway. If it were me I would be calling the 24 hour number on my insurance papers right now and while I was on hold I would be spending my time on the computer looking for a great resort on a nice calm beach.

Who would YOU blame?

I wouldn't blame anyone as much as my emotions wanted to have someone to blame. I would think the whole situation sucked personally and be really disappointed but I would be really glad I was smart enough to pay a few extra bucks for trip insurance while booking a cruise during hurricane season.

Can't you just call your insurance company and consider it "lost" now and then make other plans for the rest of your time off? You don't sound like you want to go on an NCL cruise anyway. If it were me I would be calling the 24 hour number on my insurance papers right now and while I was on hold I would be spending my time on the computer looking for a great resort on a nice calm beach.

This is the real issue. Once you pay your money for the cruise, you bear all the risk should anything interfere with the cruise (read the contract). That's why the cruise lines encourage you to take out insurance. If you don't buy insurance, you bear the risk.

Most lines will compensate passengers in the event of problems for the sake of good will. But in this case, there is no way to know, at the moment, where and when this cruise will depart. Once the cruise is underway or cancelled, NCL will be able to judge what they can afford to offer.

This is the real issue. Once you pay your money for the cruise, you bear all the risk should anything interfere with the cruise (read the contract). That's why the cruise lines encourage you to take out insurance. If you don't buy insurance, you bear the risk.

Most lines will compensate passengers in the event of problems for the sake of good will. But in this case, there is no way to know, at the moment, where and when this cruise will depart. Once the cruise is underway or cancelled, NCL will be able to judge what they can afford to offer.

So insurance should cover this right now since the cruise is not going to be on the dates or for as long as it was originally booked for. Correct?

My brother is on the Jewel of The Seas since Sunday, and they sailed away at 9:00 am today. Also at the Black Falcon Pier was a Celebrity ship & Crystal Cruise ship. Read that the Gem would dock there Wed & pax could disembark if they choose, although there are no flights or trains into NYC. Granted, my vacation is not impacted by Sandy, but please keep all those in NY & NJ who have been severely affected by Sandy in mind as you grumble about losing a few days of a luxury cruise.

Praying for all those affected.

It depends on the coverage, but if you get "cancel for any reason" it's just that.

Most insurance plans should cover this I would think. The cruise is not on the dates booked or for as many days. OP what are you waiting for. Oh wait, we haven't heard from you for a little while maybe that's exactly what you're doing. Good Luck!

Archived