Early arrival

Tin

We had the same arrival time in September. My DH and I were doing the walking tour and wanted to get out early to beat the heat. However, Festival Place wasn't even open yet. It didn't open till 8, which meant you couldn't leave the pier until 8. So sorry to say your short day in Nassau will be a little shorter.

We left the ship. There were several pier runners already out. We walked to Festival Place to enter the city and the doors were locked. We sat on a bench for awhile until a security guard came to open the door for us. Probably closer to 7:30 to 7:45. Kind of a bummer since there was no indication from the ship that it would be an issue. They even had the photographers out to take our picture when we left the ship at about 7:15.

Scubagirrl hasn't been online recently so I'll add that she doesn't recommend walking around town until after 9 when the stores start opening up.

What kinds of things were you interested in doing in Nassau? For such a short stop, I'd consider doing a tour through the ship. You could also spend a few hours at British Colonial Hilton or Sheraton.

Archived