Half Moon Cay au naturale possible?

tripman

• 2 weeks later...
but, rev neal, you are not catholic, are you? certainly not by the colllar you wear in your photo. anglicans don't believe in confession; they are protestant. please do not appropriate catholic sacraments, even in jest.

I make it a policy to not remark on the theological teachings and doctrines of other denominations ... even when I know what I'm talking about. On a cruise board, like this one, it simply isn't appropriate to do so. It would be nice if you would follow a similar policy ... and particularly-so on subjects where your own words demonstrate a degree of ignorance regarding what others actually either believe or practice. I've noticed that you have a tendency in this direction, and that you also have a particular antipathy for me. I'm not sure why, but the degree of condescension which tends to accompany the posts that you make to me is readily apparent. And not just to me.

Anglicans, Anglo-Catholics, and some Lutherans still practice a form of confessional. The Book of Common Prayer of the Episcopal Church contains two rites for "The Sacrament of Reconciliation." The Book of Worship of the United Methodist Church has both several public (communal) and private (pastoral) Confessional rites. When I was a Novice of an Anglican Monastic Order I made my Confessions on a weekly basis and was also trained in hearing confessions according to the Episcopal Church's rites. To this day, when I return to the monastery on spiritual retreat with the brothers, I make my confession with my Spiritual Director. And, over the past 22 years of my ministry (and, yes, I'm Protestant) I have heard numerous confessions.

So ... sorry ... but you're mistaken.

Besides ... My remark was made 8 long years ago, in a light hearted spirit, during the midst of some fun on this board. I didn't even remember making it when my search turned up your response.

I make it a policy to not remark on the theological teachings and doctrines of other denominations ... even when I know what I'm talking about. On a cruise board, like this one, it simply isn't appropriate to do so. It would be nice if you would follow a similar policy ... and particularly-so on subjects where your own words demonstrate a degree of ignorance regarding what others actually either believe or practice. I've noticed that you have a tendency in this direction, and that you also have a particular antipathy for me. I'm not sure why, but the degree of condescension which tends to accompany the posts that you make to me is readily apparent. And not just to me.

Anglicans, Anglo-Catholics, and some Lutherans still practice a form of confessional. The Book of Common Prayer of the Episcopal Church contains two rites for "The Sacrament of Reconciliation." The Book of Worship of the United Methodist Church has both several public (communal) and private (pastoral) Confessional rites. When I was a Novice of an Anglican Monastic Order I made my Confessions on a weekly basis and was also trained in hearing confessions according to the Episcopal Church's rites. To this day, when I return to the monastery on spiritual retreat with the brothers, I make my confession with my Spiritual Director. And, over the past 22 years of my ministry (and, yes, I'm Protestant) I have heard numerous confessions.

Besides ... My remark was made 8 long years ago, in a light hearted spirit, during the midst of some fun on this board. I didn't even remember making it when my search turned up your response.

Thanks for enlightening us, Greg. You never know what you might learn from these ancient threads.

As a Catholic clergyman myself (permanent deacon), I apologize for the inappropriate "tone" of what appears to have been one of my co-religionists. Cruise on, brother! (Presumably clothed......)

Archived