Half Moon Cay au naturale possible?

tripman

rotflmao... this should be a fun one to watch.

sorry, but my first trip there is this upcoming sunday... so i'm clueless as to whether it's possible or not.

*sits back, now, waiting for the fun to commence :D *

Tripman, to put it simply.....no. The beach area has people from one end to the other and the lagoon side has jetskiers and the stingray attraction. Granted there may be some small areas of the island that haven't been developed yet and they may have small beaches but given what might be swimming around in the ocean I wouldn't want to christen these areas. They're probably off limits anyway. :)

Tarkus in the raw ... on the beach @ HMC

Anyone up for volleyball??

:D

tarkus would make for the archetypal nudist... somebody you would otherwise NEVER want to see naked!

rofl

Good call T2S!

TYMAN....You're not planning to "cheat" on Stanford's Girl are you? LOL

But to the OP's question.....

If you wanted to go "au naturale" on HMC your only shot would be to walk ALL THE WAY to the far end of the beach. When DW and I were at HMC we went for a walk and once past the last lounge chairs there were very few folks. We didn't even go to the farthest point and didn't see anyone else as far out as we went. But, of course, there would be nothing stopping anyone from continuing on down and getting an eyefull of your actitvities.

If this were to occur, you can rest assured that you would be bumping into whoever "caught" you constantly throughout the rest of the cruise!

Would I do this on HMC....NO WAY! St. Martin...maybe, HMC NO, IMHO it wouldn't be fair to potentially "shock" an unsuspecting person who would be offended by this activity. At Orient Beach they would be fully expecting (and likely out looking for) folks going au naturale, at HMC NOT.

I'm no expert on HMC and DEFINITELY no expert on au naturale swimming there, but there was a thread last year where someone mentioned that they had been told that they probably wouldn't be bothered if they went all the way to the end of the beach.

When we were on HMC recently, we walked the length of the beach to the point where it becomes quite rocky and the footing was a little tricky. There is another stretch of beach past the rocks and probably gets visited by the au naturale group. Another couple that we knew were walking back from the far end of the beach and said they had caught a glimpse of a couple scurrying around in the bushs close to the beach but didn't care to find out what they were up to. :eek:

Grumpy

We've seen folks doing it on two occassions. Both times, very remote part of the beach. We like to get away from the crowds and were pretty surprised to see it, but it doesn't bother me in the least.

Many islands have topless sunbathing, as does Copenhagen. :)

I heard a story about 3 older women, running naked along the HMC-beach, before the last tender was leaving and they thought they were alone.

But unfortunately 3 men also were late and watched the action. The 1st one asked "What was that?". The 2nd one "Women". 1st one again "Yes, of course, but what were they wearing?". And the 3rd one said "I don't see exactly, but I think it needs to be pressed".

• 8 years later...

On Carnival Victory 9/2/2013. Doing pre & Post cruise at Haulover.

Hoping to find also a secluded area of Half Moon Cay, Governor's

on Grand Turk and Cable at Nassau. Anyone also looking or have

good suggestions? I've always sunned and snorkeled nude in

the Bahamas. But with great discretion.:cool:

Archived