Miami departure: MIA or FLL??

isabelle315

Hi everyone! I haven't been able to find an answer to this with the search function, so here goes...

I'm on the 5-day Western Caribbean on the Wonder departing Miami on March 11, 2013. Although Miami International Airport is the closest, Fort Lauderdale Airport isn't too far. For whatever reason, flights are A LOT cheaper into FLL than into MIA.

So, my questions: Is there Disney transportation from FLL to the Miami Port? If not, do you think it's worth flying there anyway and findings some other shuttle, or renting a car to get to the port? Finally, if we do fly into/out of FLL, given the difference in distance, what is the earliest return flight we should consider? (When flying out of Miami, they say nothing earlier than noon).

Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! I haven't been able to find an answer to this with the search function, so here goes...

I'm on the 5-day Western Caribbean on the Wonder departing Miami on March 11, 2013. Although Miami International Airport is the closest, Fort Lauderdale Airport isn't too far. For whatever reason, flights are A LOT cheaper into FLL than into MIA.

So, my questions: Is there Disney transportation from FLL to the Miami Port? If not, do you think it's worth flying there anyway and findings some other shuttle, or renting a car to get to the port? Finally, if we do fly into/out of FLL, given the difference in distance, what is the earliest return flight we should consider? (When flying out of Miami, they say nothing earlier than noon).

Thanks so much!

Call DCL re transport.

There not far. Taxi is an option.

Please do not book flights before 12 noon. This relates to all Disney cruises, they do say if you used their flights and the on ship boarding system not before 11.30am but last weekend we saw how it can go wrong.

On Princess Cruises we sailed out of Fort Lauderdale and on another Miami but flew into MIA, Princess did the transfers on that but they were not long.

Thanks so much!

Taxi will be in the $60-$80 range for this ride.

We fly into FLL all the time for MIA cruises. We use SAS transfer. http://www.ridesas.com

Many many satisfied customers. So far I have seen 2 complaints about this company.

Fare is $15pp each way. If you have 4 or more it's $13pp.

Bill

Thanks, all. I didn't even think to post on the other board - that would have made a lot of sense :-)

I called Disney - they don't have a shuttle from Port of Miami to FLL yet for our dates, but have a "waiting list" of people who want one. They told me they still have to decide whether to have the shuttle or not!! Seems strange, but we'll see. I forgot to ask how much the shuttle would cost - do you guys know?

Thanks again!

Thanks so much!

Hey, we're on the same cruise as you, we are planning on flying out of Fort Lauderdale, because like you said it's alot cheaper. We are just planning on purchasing transfers from 3rd party. If Disney does offer transfers, it will still be cheaper to use 3rd party.

I would like to second the use of SAS. We used them for our Epic cruise and it went great! Driver gave us tips of what to do that day etc. always on time and the cheapest we could find! I will certainly use them again without hesitation for my 2014 Caribbean sailing!

Archived