Anyone use Jump Limousine in Rome?

champmason

Has anyone used Jump Limousine for a transfer from the port to Rome?

We have them booked for a transfer in November and I am not seeing much information on them. My email questions were answered very promptly and I have liked their service as of now. Their price was cheaper by 30 euros than the 2 private companies that come most recommended. Is there a reason for this cheaper price? I am looking for a basic transfer that is reliable. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone used Jump Limousine for a transfer from the port to Rome?

We have them booked for a transfer in November and I am not seeing much information on them. My email questions were answered very promptly and I have liked their service as of now. Their price was cheaper by 30 euros than the 2 private companies that come most recommended. Is there a reason for this cheaper price? I am looking for a basic transfer that is reliable. Thanks

I am answering my own question after our recent return from our cruise.

Jump Limousine never showed up for our pick up from the Civi port. We waited for 45 minutes after our scheduled time and then made other arrangements to get us to the Vatican Museums. I have learned that it is probably in your best interest to book with a company that has been given good reviews instead of trying to get the best price. We were thankful that we were not heading to the airport for our return trip home or we may have missed our flight. Lesson learned!

• 2 months later...
I am answering my own question after our recent return from our cruise.

Jump Limousine never showed up for our pick up from the Civi port. We waited for 45 minutes after our scheduled time and then made other arrangements to get us to the Vatican Museums. I have learned that it is probably in your best interest to book with a company that has been given good reviews instead of trying to get the best price. We were thankful that we were not heading to the airport for our return trip home or we may have missed our flight. Lesson learned!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and sorry to see it was NOT a good one :(

• 2 months later...

I had the same experience recently. I had several emails from Jump Limousine with the last one stating, "It is confirmed."

We waited and waited and they never showed up. Worse yet, when the cruise line rep at the pier called the number on their website it was disconnected. I sent an email to Jump once again and received a fairly prompt reply, but the rep "Pino" was argumentative and said he was waiting to hear back from me even after I reminded him of the original email stating, "It is confirmed."

It is no fun trying to make last-minute transfer arrangements with the gauntlet of shady companies at the gates of the port of Civitavecchia.

Stay away from Jump Limousine at all costs.

I had the same experience recently. I had several emails from Jump Limousine with the last one stating, "It is confirmed."

We waited and waited and they never showed up. Worse yet, when the cruise line rep at the pier called the number on their website it was disconnected. I sent an email to Jump once again and received a fairly prompt reply, but the rep "Pino" was argumentative and said he was waiting to hear back from me even after I reminded him of the original email stating, "It is confirmed."

It is no fun trying to make last-minute transfer arrangements with the gauntlet of shady companies at the gates of the port of Civitavecchia.

Stay away from Jump Limousine at all costs.

I was just thinking about booking them as I had seen good reviews since the first bad one. When was your cruise.

Your experience is what I am trying to avoid. I just booked with "Private tour of Rome" and I have not seen them on CC. Has anyone heard of them?

You are both lucky, it could have been worse. I hope I don't have a problem.

Thank you.

I have seen your question allover and I understand you are in panic now, if this is what you are trying to avoid, just book a tour with reputable tour company, specialized in cruise passengers, that easy :)

I was just thinking about booking them as I had seen good reviews since the first bad one. When was your cruise.

This past Sunday. If you search for them on TripAdvisor you will get a review in the middle of the company Transfers Rome listing which makes it appear as though they have the other company's high reviewer rating.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I just wanted to share that I used Enrico from Jump Limousine last week, for transfers from the airport to the port before our cruise and for transfers from the port to our Rome hotel afterwards.

He was amazing, both times he was there before we arrived, waiting for us with a sign. He had maps of Rome for us and was very patient and helpful during both one-hour journeys as I wanted to practice my Italian on him.

He is an excellent Italian teacher! Very nice and speaks English well so he can explain words and their translations. He gave us lots of great info about Rome that made our visit better.

He mentioned that he had a bad review on Cruise Critic and that it had hurt his business a lot. He said that in that case, he sent an email asking for a confirmation from the customer but never received final confirmation from them, so he did not go to pick them up. The process to confirm is to send him a request, then he emails back saying its ok and requesting confirmation. Only when he gets the second confirming email does he consider the pickup confirmed. Just something to keep in mind when booking Jump Limousine.

I would highly recommend him to anyone visiting Rome.

Sunshine

I booked with them last week as well. Driver was waiting for us at the airport and took us directly to the hotel. He also picked us up to take us to the cruise port a few days later. No issues.

On departure from the ship Enrico picked us up and drove us to Pompeii and Sorrento. It was a long trip but worth it. Enrico pointed out a few places along the way, gave us instructions on where to meet him after each stop. Even though we got lost in Pompeii park, its huge, he was waiting for us even after we were late :)

After a long drive back, he dropped us off at the airport hotel.

We had no issues with them at all and would book again if we go back. Give them a chance and save a little money too :)

Greg

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm back and "Private tour of Rome" was fine. Two vans picked us up, at the port, and drove us to Rome. We had Lara, our tour guide, waiting for us.

She stayed with us for the day. We did need to take a taxi from the ancient ruins, to The Vatican. When we were done, the two vans met us and drove us back to the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I realize this is a somewhat older thread. We recently used Jump Limousine (JLR) for transport from Rome to Civitavecchia and again from Civitavecchia to FCO. Both were great. Communication was prompt, rate was best we found, vehicles were clean and were able to transport 8 adults with 8 bags. I tend to be very detail oriented, so made sure all of my communications were very specific and clear. The contact person Pino responded to every one of my many emails within 24 hrs and I had sent many emails to request adjusted price quotes due to adding passengers and adding pickup stops. I always make it a practice to send a confirmation email the day before any transport or tour and Pino provided a prompt confirmation response before both of our transfers, which I was able to forward to the other CC members sharing our transports.

Hi, I realize this is a somewhat older thread. We recently used Jump Limousine (JLR) for transport from Rome to Civitavecchia and again from Civitavecchia to FCO. Both were great. Communication was prompt, rate was best we found, vehicles were clean and were able to transport 8 adults with 8 bags. I tend to be very detail oriented, so made sure all of my communications were very specific and clear. The contact person Pino responded to every one of my many emails within 24 hrs and I had sent many emails to request adjusted price quotes due to adding passengers and adding pickup stops. I always make it a practice to send a confirmation email the day before any transport or tour and Pino provided a prompt confirmation response before both of our transfers, which I was able to forward to the other CC members sharing our transports.

Thanks for keeping this thread going..

I have decided to take a chance on this company for my family of four all three transfers in March. The price is good and the newer reviews have been good.

Thanks for taking the time to post a positive review because sometimes people only take the time to post bad experiences.

I have booked RIL for my actual tours of Florence and Naples because I don't want to mess around with those, so I figured the worst that can happen with transfers is I have to take a taxi from the airport and make other arrangements.

Pino has been very prompt in answering details, but doesn't send formal confirmations, just basically says "I got it". So hopefully, closer in, he will send me a confirmation email that I will then confirm.

Thanks for keeping this thread going..

I have decided to take a chance on this company for my family of four all three transfers in March. The price is good and the newer reviews have been good.

Thanks for taking the time to post a positive review because sometimes people only take the time to post bad experiences.

I have booked RIL for my actual tours of Florence and Naples because I don't want to mess around with those, so I figured the worst that can happen with transfers is I have to take a taxi from the airport and make other arrangements.

Pino has been very prompt in answering details, but doesn't send formal confirmations, just basically says "I got it". So hopefully, closer in, he will send me a confirmation email that I will then confirm.

Pino's responses to my emails also tended to be short, but being detail oriented I sent emails saying that I wished to confirm ... (insert all the details...) and Pino responded that he confirmed all the below. I also sent an email asking for pickup confirmation the day before the pickup dates, which I always do for any tour or transport I book. Lots of time can pass between the making of a reservation and date of tour/transfer, so I like to double check that the tour operator hasn't forgotten about us. :)

• 2 months later...

I thought I would bump up this thread and wondering if anyone used Jump Limo more recently than August.

It would be nice to keep the feedback coming, since I am booked with them for March and I still have time to use another company if reviews are still not in the upswing.

I thought I would bump up this thread and wondering if anyone used Jump Limo more recently than August.

It would be nice to keep the feedback coming, since I am booked with them for March and I still have time to use another company if reviews are still not in the upswing.

Will be using them this Sunday for FCO to Rome Hotel, then Monday Rome hotel to ship, and then on Dec 1 ship to FCO. Like many others, I have confirmed all the details several times, so hoping everything goes as planned. Will report back when I return!

Will be using them this Sunday for FCO to Rome Hotel, then Monday Rome hotel to ship, and then on Dec 1 ship to FCO. Like many others, I have confirmed all the details several times, so hoping everything goes as planned. Will report back when I return!

Great! Looking forward to your report because I will be using all three services as well. Have an awesome time!

• 3 weeks later...

Great! Looking forward to your report because I will be using all three services as well. Have an awesome time!

We're back, and I'm happy to report that all went smoothly with Jump Limousine. They were punctual and efficient, arriving for all three services as scheduled. Everything was priced as I had been quoted. I would definitely use again! Have a great trip!

Edited by NC Mtn Boys

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jump limo was great.. all three Rome transfers went just fine with punctual and polite drivers and price was as quoted. Only near disaster (mostly my fault) was the hotel guy almost turned the driver away because the driver only had my first name. I should have let the hotel desk know I was expecting a driver and the driver also should have had my complete name passed on to him.

Edited by kimkencruzers

• 3 months later...

We used them from airport to hotel (fine, no problem), pickup at hotel and tour of Vatican (excellent! guide they provided was best ever), drive from Vatican to port (fine, no problem). However, when we got off the ship instead of the 2 vans we scheduled for our party of 10, we had 1 van and a driver that just kept saying "The time was 8:15 and it is 8:30, so that is why only 1 van." We had NO control over when we got off the ship and that made NO sense. I finally got the owner on the phone and he said the reason there was only 1 car was because the other car had mechanical trouble. However, he had made no arrangements to even send a second car, hire us a cab for the second car, nothing. We ended up riding with 2 kids in laps and all of our luggage piled around us, crammed into a single van for the ride back to the airport. They did discount the price, but it was NOT worth it for the inconvenience. The last thing you want after a cruise is not having transport back to the airport when it is so far from the port. I do not recommend.