"New" Future Cruise Certificates and the Friends and Family Program

MissKIA

I've tried looking on Carnival's website but I am having a hard time finding this info.

I know if you used to book your next cruise while on board they would give you some kind of friends and family certificate so that if anyone booked with you they and/or you would get some kind of benefit.

So I have two questions:

1. Do they still offer this?

2. What is it exactly and how does it work?

Do any of you know anything about this?

While the Future Cruise Certificates not longer exists....

you can still book while onboard and get OBC.

And (as I understand it) the Friends and Families perk still exists as well.

You book a cruise while on a ship and they give you 2 Friends and Families coupons for those who want to book the SAME cruise with you. They get Onboard Credit as well.

No change to booking onboard.

The only change is that you cannot buy them and bring a FCC home for your own personal use. I do believe the friends and family do not have to be mailed in.. Carnival needs to update their site.

Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program

The Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program will allow guests traveling on a Carnival ship the opportunity to book their future Carnival vacation on board. The program is fleet wide with the exception of the Carnival Victory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation.

1st Promotion/Offer

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* USD per stateroom.

• The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 USD per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 USD per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 USD per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 USD per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

• Single occupancy receive 100% of the on board credit.

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

• The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.

• The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing.

Carnival Cruise Line

3655 NW 87th Ave

Miami, Florida 33178

Attn: Special Programs & Promotions MSGP-456S

• Photo copies will not be accepted.

• The voucher is not combinable with Friends & Family rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, or other restricted fares.

Note: The new booking will be made under the same profile as the current cruise booking. If the profile is a travel agency, a confirmation will be sent to the travel agency upon completion of the booking.

No change to booking onboard.

The only change is that you cannot buy them and bring a FCC home for your own personal use. I do believe the friends and family do not have to be mailed in.. Carnival needs to update their site.

Yes, the family and friends vouchers do have to be mailed in so they don't need to update their website as it is correct.

Yes, the family and friends vouchers do have to be mailed in so they don't need to update their website as it is correct.

Our pvp also said you must mail the new friends and family document and suggested it be done by certified mail to have proof.

amazing that the old one could be done online and now they are going backwards on this.icon13.gif

I agree, Im surprised you have to snail mail them :(

I am still P.O.'d over them doing away with the FCC.

I LOVE LOVED LOVED that option....everything about it was easy.

Now I will have to pay an additional Certified Fee, know exactly when and where I want to cruise, what the current rate is for the category I want....blah blah blah

Not attractive at all:mad:

ok, now I feel better:D;)

I am still P.O.'d over them doing away with the FCC.

I LOVE LOVED LOVED that option....everything about it was easy.

Now I will have to pay an additional Certified Fee, know exactly when and where I want to cruise, what the current rate is for the category I want....blah blah blah

Not attractive at all:mad:

ok, now I feel better:D;)

Agreed. I do not plan to book while on a cruise and annoyed enough that our next one is on NCL, and most likely one after that will be on RCCL before we do our next Carnival one in a year.

They dont value my loyalty so will be playing the field for now.

Agreed. I do not plan to book while on a cruise and annoyed enough that our next one is on NCL, and most likely one after that will be on RCCL before we do our next Carnival one in a year.

They dont value my loyalty so will be playing the field for now.

I keep wanting to try NCL - just haven't had the nerve to "Jump Ship" yet.......Someday maybe;)

While the Future Cruise Certificates not longer exists....

you can still book while onboard and get OBC.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, just curios could you change the booking after you got home and still keep the OBC if you book any rate but ES. Thanks!!!

that is a good question also. I have another one if Firefly or anyone knows....if we were to cancel an existing booking that has a FCC applied to it, and rebook while on board the Breeze later this month, would we get the original OBC as well as the one for booking while onboard the Breeze?

PVP said the amount paid plus the insurance would travel across to the new booking, but that was before I thought of cancelling and re-booking while onboard later this month.

thanks

Don't mean to hijack the thread, just curios could you change the booking after you got home and still keep the OBC if you book any rate but ES. Thanks!!!

Also you have to mail the family cert. within 60 days from when u booked.

I read the F & F certificate front to back, several times..and do you know? There is NO indication on the darn form ANYWHERE that indicates a 'mail within' date...

that is a good question also. I have another one if Firefly or anyone knows....if we were to cancel an existing booking that has a FCC applied to it, and rebook while on board the Breeze later this month, would we get the original OBC as well as the one for booking while onboard the Breeze?

PVP said the amount paid plus the insurance would travel across to the new booking, but that was before I thought of cancelling and re-booking while onboard later this month.

thanks

You cant apply two FCCs to the same booking.. (future cruise credit). If you are transferring one.. a 2nd one cannot be added to the same booking.

The terms say one per booking.

I booked a future cruise on my last cruise and was not happy with the time it took to book it etc..

I was in line and waited for the person to show up and as he was waiting on me he stopped to answer questions, then went and handed out a clip board for people to sign up with a name and cabin # if they had questions etc... All the while I am standing there waiting. I do not like the system at all, your on vacation and have to spend valuable time trying to book another cruise. Not happy with how it's done now.

Agreed tried the same on the dream last month and she was never there or when she was had lots of other folks first just never saw the other folks? Had it down to the room, price, I knew what I wanted. Finally decided 50 bucks was not worth chasing her down for business.

It was comical is she working....yea she might be in the disco, she went that away about an hour ago...

thanks Firefly..I wasn't sure if we went ahead and booked a new cruise while already on a cruise later this month if we would get the OBC and family and friends certificates--i guess it would be considered a future cruise, and since we would be cancelling an existing cruise that already has a FCC applied to it, we wont get both like you said.

quote=firefly333;35971918]You cant apply two FCCs to the same booking.. (future cruise credit). If you are transferring one.. a 2nd one cannot be added to the same booking.

The terms say one per booking.

Agreed tried the same on the dream last month and she was never there or when she was had lots of other folks first just never saw the other folks? Had it down to the room, price, I knew what I wanted. Finally decided 50 bucks was not worth chasing her down for business.

It was comical is she working....yea she might be in the disco, she went that away about an hour ago...

Interesting...we were on the Dream this summer and the cruise loyalty person was a guy, but he was the MOST inept, unhelpful crew member I have ever come across on a Carnival cruise. I will say this. If we encounter another one like him, I seriously doubt we would book a cruise while on the ship.

On the Triumph last week there was no cruise desk anymore. Future cruise bookings were being worked out of the Mastercard desk (when he was there). Basicly he said to go down to the internet cafe and find the cruise you want then leave him a note.

Not worth the hassle to me and we cruise a lot.

I just got off the Carnival Breeze where I was able to purchase a couple of the Future Cruise Certificates. They told us the Breeze was the only ship that still had them.

They were also doing the book onboard OBC promotion -- but said you can't use both an FCC and the OBC promotion together. With the OBC, you could get two vouchers so that friends and family who booked with you also got the OBC.

In this day and age of the internet and the ease which most people use it I don't think that cruise lines have much interest in putting resources into on ship booking programs. Just like you can't find cruise line brochures every where you turn like you once did the system is slightly archaic for the world we live in. All of the cruiselines know where their bookings originate and I am sure that onboard future bookings no longer even make a dent...so why would they sweeten the pot to get peeps to use that service when it probably costs the cruiseline more to offer it than it makes.

Archived