Help deciding on a room category

JMCruising

Hi!

First, thanks to everyone here for helping make our first cruise a few weeks ago such a success. All the information on here was very helpful. I am turning to you once again! On the Ecstasy we had a grand suite. It was our 5 year anniversary and first vacation ever so we splurged. We spent quite a bit of time in the room with the DH getting seasick the first night and us just spending time relaxing. Now we are back and planning next years anniversary cruise!! Yup, we are hooked. We are looking at the Dream. My DH, now spoiled wants a OS. I am seeing that is almost double the price of a regular balcony room. I just would like your thoughts on the difference in price and the difference in rooms. Thanks again!!

I dont think the OS is worth double the price of a balcony.. its not that much better, get the balcony and splurge on something else.

Find a mid deck balcony to cut down on getting seasick and bring some meds...they knock out seasickness in me fast.

Hi!

First, thanks to everyone here for helping make our first cruise a few weeks ago such a success. All the information on here was very helpful. I am turning to you once again! On the Ecstasy we had a grand suite. It was our 5 year anniversary and first vacation ever so we splurged. We spent quite a bit of time in the room with the DH getting seasick the first night and us just spending time relaxing. Now we are back and planning next years anniversary cruise!! Yup, we are hooked. We are looking at the Dream. My DH, now spoiled wants a OS. I am seeing that is almost double the price of a regular balcony room. I just would like your thoughts on the difference in price and the difference in rooms. Thanks again!!

Aft wraps "Premium Vista Balcony" are the way to go. Had one on the Dream and just booked one on the Freedom. Views are spectacular.

Hi!

The aft extended and aft wrap balcony cabins are a nice middle ground solution but it depends on how much time you anticipate spending in your cabin. I'm looking at an Alaska cruise for 2014 and seriously considering a suite because that is a 'destination' cruise where I want to sit on my balcony all day with binoculars and enjoy the spectacular scenery. The added space in the room would be welcome since I'll be there quite a bit. I wouldn't bother for a Caribbean cruise since I enjoy laying out on deck by the pool or trying to win my first ship on a stick! :)

Archived