Carnival Stock Benefits

Jane2357

On the Celebrity board I'm watching people discuss the benefits of owing RCCL stock to get owner OBCs. So I see that Carnival has a similar program - I sail both lines, so for those of you that love the stock market - historically is one a better performer over the other? Buying RCCL won't help me much in the near future as I already have a cruise booked with them for Feb/14 and got a OBC for buying during cruise week - the OBC can't be stacked. I do have a Carnival booked through a TA for 10/13 - I'm guessing if I buy the stock now - it could be applied to that sailing? Advise please.

Carnival still allows OBC to be stacked.. shhhh, lets not give them any ideas. Its good on Carnival's 10 lines.. all of them, even Cunard.

Shhhh - lets just let this die then - lol:cool:! But you have made up my mind! The price is up though - so I'm going to wait and watch it - and buy when it drop a bit, thanks!!!

One more question - do you think as the whole Costa Concordia thing goes through the Italian court system that the stock price is going to tank? I've no clue how this could work? :o

Look at the chart .. it has done nothing but go up since the incident when the stock was at $39 that day.

I dont think people care one bit other than its currently paying a small dividend.. they dont care past that. Dividend stocks are in vogue.

One more question - do you think as the whole Costa Concordia thing goes through the Italian court system that the stock price is going to tank? I've no clue how this could work? :o

Neither does anyone else, except that the Concordia incident has been factored into the stock price since it happened. That issue probably won't be a cause of the price to go down, but who knows for sure?

The good thing is the stock is paying 2.5% per year right now, and has been going up for the past eleven months. If it continues to do that, it will remain a good investment, with the $50 or $100 OBC per cruise you can get for owning 100 shares a nice addition!

Kevin C

This is not a recommendation to buy or sell. Now that that disclaimer is out of the way I would guess the stock has went up because Carnival and Royal have been able to raise some fares that they have been able to make stick. That, and the price of oil has been steady or fallen.

IF the middle east goes boom, both stocks will tank because of the oil situation.

Your opinion may vary.

I think it is rather high now but wondering why it keeps going up. I dont think this is a particularly good time to buy but who the hell knows.

You are right about that! Most here thought that it wasn't a good time to buy when it dropped to $30 or so after Concordia. No one knows until after the fact, then those who guessed right look like geniuses.

Kevin C

Archived