Movies on Voyager of the Seas

Gidday all from down under.

Our whanau (family) is due to cruise on our first RCI trip in late December this year and, as we are a big movie kinda whanau, I was wondering what movies are currently on the Voyager of the Seas.

Also, how quickly do movies get played on board? How soon after the USA release I mean. Really want to know if The Hobbit will be showing around the worldwide release date in December.

Thanking you in anticipation.

God bless you all:)

TraceyG

Tracey, the sad bet is that it's unlikely to be showing "The Hobbit" that fast. It would be nice (I'm itching to see it myself) but you can bet they want to scoop some serious money first before it reaches a secondary market like cruising.

Ah well. Enjoy your cruise in any case. Voyager was the first ship I sailed and is thus responsible for my addiction. :)

Thank you DarkWolfe for your reply.

Haha:D, yes, I am keen to see the movie but my DD (12) is fair chomping at the bit to see this wee flick.

Any idea what the time difference is between cinema release and screening on board, generally speaking?

This question is open to anybody...

Thanks again.

God bless you:)

TraceyG

Gidday all from down under.

Our whanau (family) is due to cruise on our first RCI trip in late December this year and, as we are a big movie kinda whanau, I was wondering what movies are currently on the Voyager of the Seas.

Also, how quickly do movies get played on board? How soon after the USA release I mean. Really want to know if The Hobbit will be showing around the worldwide release date in December.

Thanking you in anticipation.

God bless you all:)

TraceyG

These aren't the movies that will necessarily be shown on your cruise....but it gives you an idea of the possible lag time between theater and cruise ship:

http://www.seamovies.com/index.html

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! :D We end up seeing parts of movies, and hardly ever the whole thing at one sitting. :)

Thank you CoralC for your reply and the link.

My DS (16) is very keen to see the new Expendables movie, so I do want that one to play.

We usually see the movie the whole way through as we plan what we are going to watch and when.

Again, many thanks.

God bless you:)

TraceyG

They did show those dreamworks movies (shrek, puss in boots etc) on our repo from Dubai to Singapore this May. This happened in the La Scala theatre, where they've also installed 3D projectors. I would guess this is a continous thing, as the Voyager OTS features the "dreamworks experience".

FWIW on Explorer in August 2012, we saw Tower Heist which was released November, 2011. So that might give you a general idea.

I saw that one in June and April

so mostly would say they go near six months to release them

but they show the same movies for a month or two before they change so if you watch movies, be prepared to see it over and over

Archived