Question about upgrading your cabin?

kjblovestotravel

My girl friend and I are heading out on the Sensation Jan 13 to the Bahamas for a girls trip. Right now we have an OV booked but I am thinking about trying to upgrade to a balcony. Our trip will be paid off next week. This is only her second cruise but I've cruised multiple times and really love the balcony. After final payment is made can you upgrade for the difference? Can you wait until you get to the port and upgrade if there are balcony cabins available? I'm just trying to figure out options. Thanks

At the port .. 99.9% chance no.. carnival says they sail full, dont ask in the FAQs.

You can pay the difference by calling before the ship leaves .. but not at the port. Its a rare story, usually years ago someone upgraded at the port.. now... now getting your gty assignment or finding you have a different cabin at the port.. a little more often, but still rare.

Go ahead and call Carnival once you see a price you're comfortable with. We're booked on the Breeze in December and I just upgraded yesterday. We've sailed in a cove balcony on the Dream and wanted to again on the Breeze but they were sold out when we booked. I checked every couple of days to see if one opened up, and it happened yesterday. It only took about 3 minutes and a couple hundred dollars to move from an 4H to a 7C.

If wanting a balcony-- do it now.

if waiting for final payment the price could go higher-- or they can sell out.

most sailings sail at full.

you will not find an upgrade to happen when you get to the pier

My girl friend and I are heading out on the Sensation Jan 13 to the Bahamas for a girls trip. Right now we have an OV booked but I am thinking about trying to upgrade to a balcony. Our trip will be paid off next week. This is only her second cruise but I've cruised multiple times and really love the balcony. After final payment is made can you upgrade for the difference? Can you wait until you get to the port and upgrade if there are balcony cabins available? I'm just trying to figure out options. Thanks

You can upgrade after final payment. Do it when you see a price you are willing to pay. Just do not wait too long, or it will all be booked or you will have less options.

If wanting a balcony-- do it now.

if waiting for final payment the price could go higher-- or they can sell out.

most sailings sail at full.

you will not find an upgrade to happen when you get to the pier

If the ship isnt selling the upgrade fairy will get busy and free up a lot of lower categorys.. Myself.. I would wait until there was a good price. I would be happy with just about any balcony.

Many posts on CC say wait until after final payment as Carnival often waits until people make their final payment to assess and start price drops.. Myself.. I would wait until after final payment. i dont understand the rush.. its rare every single balcony would sell out.

If the ship isnt selling the upgrade fairy will get busy and free up a lot of lower categorys.. Myself.. I would wait until there was a good price. I would be happy with just about any balcony.

Many posts on CC say wait until after final payment as Carnival often waits until people make their final payment to assess and start price drops.. Myself.. I would wait until after final payment. i dont understand the rush.. its rare every single balcony would sell out.

More chance the balconies sell out on a ship that doesn't have many balconies to begin with.

Archived