Guest Change-Not ES

angel24_ga

Sorry, I am sure this has been asked before but I am trying to figure the best way to handle this.

Scenario: 64 days til sailing- Past final payment date- Not Early Saver

Booked OV double occup $1392.70- group booking

This cabin needs to cancel.

I have 2 more cabins I need to book. A double occup and a single occup. Current rate for OV is $1550

I would like to do a name change but I ws told we can't change both passengers names. how would you do this in order to lose the least amount of money.

Hope this makes sense. I have lost a lot of money already on this cruise so I am trying to make this move as cost effective as possible.

thanks!

Some got by with changing one name for $50 .. then changing the other name for $50 at a later time.. but if you have the same TA she or he may not co-operate.

Or .. move the cabin that needs to cancel to a triple.. cancel one name ($50) and the 2nd name is a no show.. only pay for the one 3rd rate which is discounted. The no show will automatically get refunded the add on taxes and fees after the cruise.

Sorry, I am sure this has been asked before but I am trying to figure the best way to handle this.

Scenario: 64 days til sailing- Past final payment date- Not Early Saver

Booked OV double occup $1392.70- group booking

This cabin needs to cancel.

I have 2 more cabins I need to book. A double occup and a single occup. Current rate for OV is $1550

I would like to do a name change but I ws told we can't change both passengers names. how would you do this in order to lose the least amount of money.

Hope this makes sense. I have lost a lot of money already on this cruise so I am trying to make this move as cost effective as possible.

thanks!

If both passengers are canceling, yes you will loose the cabin at that price and be charged the full deposit as a cancellation fee. One of the original passengers will have to stay in that cabin to keep that rate.

Some got by with changing one name for $50 .. then changing the other name for $50 at a later time.. but if you have the same TA she or he may not co-operate.

Or .. move the cabin that needs to cancel to a triple.. cancel one name ($50) and the 2nd name is a no show.. only pay for the one 3rd rate which is discounted. The no show will automatically get refunded the add on taxes and fees after the cruise.

If I do the triple idea, Will I get charged a higher rate once the 2nd passenger doesn't show? Would it be better to do this as a triple or quad?

If I do the triple idea, Will I get charged a higher rate once the 2nd passenger doesn't show? Would it be better to do this as a triple or quad?

No, they just board as usual .. thats if you leave a solo pax in the cabin the solo pax gets charged 200%.. in this case you are adding TWO pax to the cabin. No solo rate.

Ok, just to make sure I am clear (its been a long day :p)

Passenger A, B, C, D

A-leave on booking (will no show at gate)

B-Name change or cancel booking

C-add as 3rd passenger

D-add as 4th passenger

A-leave on booking (will no show at gate)

B-Name change for $50 to pax C

C-becomes pax #2

D-becomes pax #3 on the booking

so you pay $50 plus the discounted 3rd fare.. IF you can find a triple in the same category you are now booked in.

If you have to .. move downward.. to not pay extra .. If you have to upgrade.. then all 3 pax would pay the increase.. this only works if there is a available triple in your category.

I had a similar problem a few years ago. 2 cabins booked, NOT EARLY SAVER, 1 passenger needed to cancel. I was able to change that person with someone else at no charge. The new passenger just repaid the fare to the cancelling passenger. I was told as long as 1 original person remains on the booking, then there is no charge.

I had a similar problem a few years ago. 2 cabins booked, NOT EARLY SAVER, 1 passenger needed to cancel. I was able to change that person with someone else at no charge. The new passenger just repaid the fare to the cancelling passenger. I was told as long as 1 original person remains on the booking, then there is no charge.

i dont know of any rates that do not charge $50 pp to change the name.

Maybe you got lucky?? or it was a long time ago and policies have changed.

I like the suggestion Firefly is giving my only concern is that we are doing an open bar so I am still going to have to pay the $385 for the no show as well...

Just weighing all options.

No you wouldnt.. and they wouldnt charge tips for the no show.. they know who boarded the ship.

And like I said the no show will get his add on taxes and fees automatically refunded .. maybe around 2 weeks after the cruise it took for me.

You also do not have to book the extra pax at the same rate code.. we had two at ES and #3 at past guest. Not everyone on the same booking has to be booked at the same rate code, my PVP did this.

Archived