Bermuda port fee refund

Kattus

Regarding the port charges, I inquired about that while on the ship, and they said there would be no refund of the Bermuda port charges, as the Boston port charges were pretty much equal to that one day. That being said, the customer service reps on the ship are not the final word on the subject.

I think you should pursue the matter with them for the difference. :rolleyes::D

Regarding the port charges, I inquired about that while on the ship, and they said there would be no refund of the Bermuda port charges, as the Boston port charges were pretty much equal to that one day. That being said, the customer service reps on the ship are not the final word on the subject.

With regard to the 50% future cruise credit, I called Princess yesterday after I got home, and they were able to apply the credit towards my Royal cruise that I had previously booked. I just had to refer to my reservation number from this cruise, and it was already in their records.

We had a letter in our email yesterday regarding the 50% refund. I had a cruise booked for Sept 2013. When my TA called Princess regarding having the money put on that cruise, she was told that we would have to cancel and re-book. The fare has gone up $320 since we originally booked. Princess would not put the money toward our original reservation. :( Canceling and re-booking would negate the 50% refund.

We had a letter in our email yesterday regarding the 50% refund. I had a cruise booked for Sept 2013. When my TA called Princess regarding having the money put on that cruise, she was told that we would have to cancel and re-book. The fare has gone up $320 since we originally booked. Princess would not put the money toward our original reservation. :( Canceling and re-booking would negate the 50% refund.

Have your TA call again and speak with a different agent. If the same response, speak with a supervisor.

Regarding the port charges, I inquired about that while on the ship, and they said there would be no refund of the Bermuda port charges, as the Boston port charges were pretty much equal to that one day.

I think you should pursue the matter with them for the difference. :rolleyes::D

Right, Princess should get the difference for the higher cost of the Boston port charge.

Have your TA call again and speak with a different agent. If the same response, speak with a supervisor.

I totally agree with caribill - you should not have to re-book. I did have to "push" to get them to apply it to my previously booked cruise. The agent first said that she didn't believe that it could be done, but after speaking with her supervisor, she was able to do it.

I don't have a normal insurance company.

I have auto and home thru NJ Manufacturers. Many years ago I had a twenty foot piece of a tree fall on my roof after lightning strike. Cost 800 bucks back then to get it off my house and gone.

In addition to soffit repairs needed I have three HUGE trees 40 to fifty feet long to be chains sawed and removed. I have pics of the pine tree on my Facebook.

My insurance company doesn't jack rates because you make a claim!

If either policy doesn't have excessive claims overall, we get premium rebates. Bet that won't happen this year!

Bernadette

FWIW: I was also on this 4(6) day mystery cruise, and the 50% future cruise credit just showed up in my 'My Princess' account as a future cruise credit yesterday (Friday Nov 2). Sure enough, I was given 50% of my cruise cost excluding the insurance and fees. I also booked the trip with a travel agent.

My insurance company doesn't jack rates because you make a claim!

Bernadette

Don't be to sure about that. All insurance companies make note of any claims and share the information with all the others.

My current company knows about a call I made to an old insurance company 18 years ago and I only called them to tell them I had a tree fall on my rental property. After seeing what the actually problem was I removed the tree myself & repaired the roof shingles rake board & gutter. I never made a claim for even one cent.

They don't forget.

because these huge trees cannot be removed without a lot of $$, hence my claim.

We have a 500$ deductible, BUT if the fees to remove these three huge trees were under 1000 maybe we would not bother reporting...but I cannot believe how huge these trees are...now that I see them so close up!! hahaha

BTW- to keep this Princess-y the Goodwill credits have already been applied to our accounts!

If we had been in Boston just one day, I am pretty sure there would have been a refund..but three days should have balanced out the fees.

Remember, Princess held back announcing the credit till they knew when and where we would dock.

In my credit, it is after all my referrals were applied...so I do not have half of those as part of my credit...not really caring...but just sharing it is not a perfect system..

Heck I paid for six fares, but the credits are going directly to the people I took, not me... ;) ...but we knew that before we got off the ship- so I made sure some of our group bought a future cruise credit...because they will sail again...Husband & I already had ours.

Tried to talk two of our group (that I did not pay for) to do the same as they are planning to do cruise Grand Med this summer....

BECAUSE of FCC, we got 200$ OBC on our cabin....this summer.

Bernadette

TA called the Excel desk 3 times and got the same answer 3 times. Could not apply the 50% credit without canceling and rebooking. Perhaps the others who had the credit applied had no change in fare since the original booking. Ours has increased by over $300. I know our TA is great. She got us a corner aft balcony for less than the price of a BF guarantee, with wine and OBC. ;)

I'm not going to push it. I'm sure I will be booking another cruise before the end of December 2013 anyway! :D

Archived