Bermuda port fee refund

Kattus

Just off the Caribbean Princess Mystery Cruise that was scheduled to go to Bermuda but went to Boston after Sandy made her unwelcome visit. This is not a complaint, as I do feel that the Princess staff handled the situation with professionalism, and have nothing but great things to say about the service. However, since many have discussed that the port fees for Bermuda are some of the most costly, and we did not visit Bermuda, will they be refunded? I did not notice the credit on my shipboard account. Debating whether I should contact my TA or Princess directly.

After Princess decides what they need to do it will probably show up as a credit on your credit card in the next couple of weeks. I would still talk with your travel agent about it and they can also check.. Princess has been good about this in the past.

After Princess decides what they need to do it will probably show up as a credit on your credit card in the next couple of weeks. I would still talk with your travel agent about it and they can also check.. Princess has been good about this in the past.

Thank you!:)

Just off the Caribbean Princess Mystery Cruise that was scheduled to go to Bermuda but went to Boston after Sandy made her unwelcome visit. This is not a complaint, as I do feel that the Princess staff handled the situation with professionalism, and have nothing but great things to say about the service. However, since many have discussed that the port fees for Bermuda are some of the most costly, and we did not visit Bermuda, will they be refunded? I did not notice the credit on my shipboard account. Debating whether I should contact my TA or Princess directly.

Don't forget, Princess has also issued everyone a 50% credit towards a future cruise. I feel this is MORE than generous, (Sandy was not their fault) so I am not expecting a Bermuda port refund. I am also not expecting to pay the additional port fees for Boston either! :D

Wendy I'm wondering if passengers are entitled to any refund for port charges if Princess will have to refund regardless of the 50% refund. I know that all major businesses are audited so if it's due they might have to return the money. I have received small amounts back on my credit card months after returning from a cruise . The accounts were audited and a refund was in order. Just a thought. And who knows what Princess will do about the Boston Fees.

Don't forget, Princess has also issued everyone a 50% credit towards a future cruise. I feel this is MORE than generous, (Sandy was not their fault) so I am not expecting a Bermuda port refund. I am also not expecting to pay the additional port fees for Boston either! :D

If the port fees for Boston are equal to that of Bermuda, then I'm ok with not getting reimbursed. I don't think Princess would send the bill for anything additional though, esp. since they have been so gracious about the response to the storm. Wendy, did you catch the comedian who commented on paying $80,000 for a suite to Boston? haha

Where was this 50% credit issued? We were on that cruise and did not receive anything when we disembarked.

If the port fees for Boston are equal to that of Bermuda, then I'm ok with not getting reimbursed. I don't think Princess would send the bill for anything additional though, esp. since they have been so gracious about the response to the storm. Wendy, did you catch the comedian who commented on paying $80,000 for a suite to Boston? haha

If there is any port fee credit due you will get a refund on your CC.

Where was this 50% credit issued? We were on that cruise and did not receive anything when we disembarked.

I kept the letter from the Captain which states "we are pleased to extend a goodwill offer of 50% of your cruise fare paid on this voyage in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. The credit may be applied to any future Princess cruise booked through December 2013..................please have your travel agent mention this offer to the Cruise Consultant at the time your new reservation is booked."

The letter was issued after the ship sailed from Boston.

Following is what is posted on the Princess web site. No mention is made about how this applies to those who abandoned ship in Boston.

Caribbean Princess has arrived safely at New York’s Manhattan Pier 88 for passenger disembarkation.

While recent events were outside of our control, we recognize they were unprecedented and impacted our ability to deliver the cruise experience passengers expected. In consideration of this, we are pleased to extend a goodwill offer of 50% of the cruise fare paid on this voyage in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. The credit may be applied to any future Princess cruise booked by the end of December 2013. This offer is dependent upon space availability and cannot be transferred, refunded, or used as a deposit. However, it may be combined with any other discount or special fare that may be applicable to the voyage you select, including past passenger offers.

We fully understand the impact of Hurricane Sandy on our passengers' cruise holiday and thank them for sailing with us. The Officers and Crew of Caribbean Princess have sincerely enjoyed serving everyone and hope to see these passengers again onboard Caribbean Princess.

I would think if it was just one day, there could be a credit, but after port of Boston for three days-I would not even ask.

THE FCC is not transferable or refundable.

Pincess fed us from Wed to Friday...two extra days and did not charge us a penny for food. and gave us a credit and provided a lot of extra free services.....they allowed phone calls from the ship and internet time...free shuttle buses in port to Quincy Market

and to Airport and to Times Square...

I took a pic of the six yellow Yankee buses Princess was using to shuttle people....

The staff really were stellar considering they were dealing with so many many agitated people.....among all the people on the ship.

We were well taken care of.

Bernadette

The credits will take a while to get organized.

They said today that we will not receive anything until next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Give them some time to get it together before you start calling people.

We don't even have an accounting of prior credits for this cruise. I have stock, FCC, TA and AMEX-PLAT OBC's coming and I always check as soon as we board but nothing is showing yet. And there is no way I am going to bother them to ask for a couple days.

The lines have been huge at customer service ever since they started to board. That poor staff need a vacation more than we do!

The letter was issued after the ship sailed from Boston.

Following is what is posted on the Princess web site. No mention is made about how this applies to those who abandoned ship in Boston.

Caribbean Princess has arrived safely at New York’s Manhattan Pier 88 for passenger disembarkation.

While recent events were outside of our control, we recognize they were unprecedented and impacted our ability to deliver the cruise experience passengers expected. In consideration of this, we are pleased to extend a goodwill offer of 50% of the cruise fare paid on this voyage in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. The credit may be applied to any future Princess cruise booked by the end of December 2013. This offer is dependent upon space availability and cannot be transferred, refunded, or used as a deposit. However, it may be combined with any other discount or special fare that may be applicable to the voyage you select, including past passenger offers.

We fully understand the impact of Hurricane Sandy on our passengers' cruise holiday and thank them for sailing with us. The Officers and Crew of Caribbean Princess have sincerely enjoyed serving everyone and hope to see these passengers again onboard Caribbean Princess.

I'm sorry, but we did not ABANDON the ship. The cruise was supposed to end on Wednesday, and Princess could not tell us when they would leave Boston or where they would go. Some of us had to return to work and family obligations at home and could not hang around for an unspecified period of time. We were lucky enough to be within driving distance of Boston.

We received no such letter.

that ONCE they were able to determine when they could return and where, the percentage of the compensation offer would be determined. They did so once we were sure we were sailing to get back in Friday.

I have kept copies of all the notices.

I kept moving my personal days over, but all of us from NJ had all work cancelled for the entire week because there was no power, etc.

People who lived not in the Sandy affected areas, could not extend their stay easily.)

Bernadette

that ONCE they were able to determine when they could return and where, the percentage of the compensation offer would be determined. They did so once we were sure we were sailing to get back in Friday.

I have kept copies of all the notices.

I kept moving my personal days over, but all of us from NJ had all work cancelled for the entire week because there was no power, etc.

People who lived not in the Sandy affected areas, could not extend their stay easily.)

Bernadette

We are from NJ and work was NOT cancelled for us, so please do not generalize that everyone in NJ was off from work for the week. I work for an insurance company and we were open with generator power helping those with Sandy related claims.

We are from NJ and work was NOT cancelled for us, so please do not generalize that everyone in NJ was off from work for the week. I work for an insurance company and we were open with generator power helping those with Sandy related claims.

The reason you did not receive this letter is because you left before the end of the cruise. If this troubles you so much, contact Princess or your TA and see if anything can be done.

No need to be nasty.

I was referring to my party of 8, whose NJ jobs were cancelled all week, my husband works in NYC...so his work was cancelled also.

and then was generalizing about those outside the superstorm area.

I have been trying to reread my responses to make sure I make complete sense and don't make people angry....sorry I was not clear, in my head it was...hahahah so sorry....

I kept emailing my supervisor stressed out about moving my personal days over to cover my time off....because I was the only person who was supposed to be off on Monday and Tuesday. Relief came once all schools closed all week.

Yesterday I got three hours sleep, and was exhausted and napped and went to bed by 7...till today....

I called our homeowners insurance company, but since our house has relatively small damage and our cral space remained dry, andthe huge trees down are not in danger of hurting anyone or falling on a housing structure, we told them to take care of others first!

Bernadette

I called our homeowners insurance company, but since our house has relatively small damage and our cral space remained dry, andthe huge trees down are not in danger of hurting anyone or falling on a housing structure, we told them to take care of others first!

Bernadette

That was a BIG mistake calling the insurance company unless you plan on claiming for BIG damage. That counts as an 1 occurrence on your record and in the future will make a difference on you rates for years to come. :(

They never forget and they all share information.

Regarding the port charges, I inquired about that while on the ship, and they said there would be no refund of the Bermuda port charges, as the Boston port charges were pretty much equal to that one day. That being said, the customer service reps on the ship are not the final word on the subject.

With regard to the 50% future cruise credit, I called Princess yesterday after I got home, and they were able to apply the credit towards my Royal cruise that I had previously booked. I just had to refer to my reservation number from this cruise, and it was already in their records.

Archived