Need Help With Layout of Maasdam Navigation Deck

Looking for some advice from experienced Maasdam cruisers familiar with the Navigation and Verandah decks. We currently have an inside booked on the Promenade Deck. Another TA has just quoted us $300 less pp for one of 5 inside cabins on the verandah deck. Anyone familiar with these cabins?

Another question about Navigation deck. Anybody know what lies between the Neptune Lounge and the forward elevators? This white space on the deck plan would be right above where our verandah deck inside cabins would be and I'm concerned about a lot of noise.

Thanks so much!

Thanks to all of you. Good to know it's not a noisy location.

Ruth, I'm so glad you reminded me to look what is underneath the cabin as well! From the deck plan map it looks like the atrium and a shop, maybe a bar........ Can't imagine too much noise or the verandah cabins wouldn't be popular.

Mamaofami, our booked cabin on the lower promenade deck is J347. Last year we were upgraded from an inside J to a midship lanai cabin (1st time HAL beginner's luck). We did notice noise above us starting at about 11 pm and found out a kitchen was above us! It didn't prevent us from sleeping though.

Thanks again to you experts!

Ruth, I'm so glad you reminded me to look what is underneath the cabin as well! From the deck plan map it looks like the atrium and a shop, maybe a bar........ Can't imagine too much noise or the verandah cabins wouldn't be popular.

Don't be so sure! I well remember a cruise when we had to cut back on the late-night fun because someone above kept complaining about "the noise" coming from our lounge. The mic had to go off, and the singing had to be kept low.

Mamaofami, our booked cabin on the lower promenade deck is J347. Last year we were upgraded from an inside J to a midship lanai cabin (1st time HAL beginner's luck). We did notice noise above us starting at about 11 pm and found out a kitchen was above us! It didn't prevent us from sleeping though.

J-347 is in an especially good location, and is a great cabin. I take J-345, exactly next door, often on all the S-& R-class ships.

It's very quiet there, and an easy hop to the great outdoors.

I'd like to chime in on Traveling Teachers op. She asked about the cabins on Deck 9, 'I' category inside vs her original booking. I'd be interested also in knowing if its worth the $$ in savings to move vs inconvenience for getting outdoors etc? Is the cabin larger as it seems to be on deck plans?

Looking forward to your answers also!

Diane

Archived