Getting 6 People from MCO to Cocoa Beach

virginiab

We have 3 couples flying into Orlando. When we were only 2 couples, we were going to rent a minivan for our luggage, ourselves, and an electric scooter (which comes apart for easier handling). Now we are 3 couples and I don't think a minivan is going to do the job.

I'd love to have suggestions about good ways to get from MCO to a hotel in Cocoa Beach or thereabouts. While it isn't essential that we all travel together, it would be fun, especially since each couple is flying in on a different flight.

Thanks for any help you can give us!

A minivan and another rental is an option. Shared shuttle service from Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Star Transportation, Executive VIP or one of the others oftne mentioned on these boards is another option. Good luck! :)

In August 2012 my cousin rented a large size passenger for himself and five other relatives at Orlando International Airport from Budget. When he originally reserved two vehicles for the trip to Port Canaveral a customer service representative from Budget suggested that he upgrade to the passenger van for a few dollars more. It was plenty of space for six adults and their luggage. He dropped off the family at Port Canaveral along with the luggage and returned the vehicle to the Budget location located on A1A (Astronaut Blvd) in Cape Canaveral. Use Budget discount code #BCD-Y937800 for a great rate. The representative at Budget also explained that it was usually necessary to pre order a passenger van because inventory on that vehicle is limited.

• 3 weeks later...

I rented a Ford Flex from Budget in MCO one way to Cocoa Beach for the first 4 people and luggage. The last couple to arrive into MCO took a shuttle to Cocoa Beach Hotel. Once everyone was check in at the hotels, my Ford Flex had seating for 6 or 7 people (no luggage) for 3 days of pre-cruise touring & activities.

Just remember to ask yourself how long are you willing to wait in MCO for a late or delayed plane of a friend? How will you get a message to the people already on the plane?

Hope this helps

Archived