Rooms on the Oasis

We are getting ready to book a cruise on the Oasis and not sure which room to book. We are looking at an inside balcony. We were wondering about the Boardwalk Balconies, the noise level and how smooth the ride is in the back of the ship. Should we just stick with an ocean view balcony in the center of the ship. Thanks for any help.

I had a center hump balcony room #9600 and absolutely loved it! Because it was a D1 balcony, it was deeper than the D2-D8 balconies (which are still roomy). I personally can't tell you much about the Boardwalk balcony cabins but a number of people here on CC have had nothing but good things to say about them, especially if you have one at or towards the end where you can also see the ocean. People have mentioned though that there is a privacy issue, so if you decide to book one be careful of what you are doing inside the room with the curtains open. I would suspect that it might be a little noisier, but again, some people have said that noise was not a problem for them with the door shut to the balcony. As for movement, I would guess that as long as the weather is nice and seas are calm, movement should not be a real issue. If the weather is not so great you will probably have more movement there than you would midship.

Enjoy your cruise!

We are getting ready to book a cruise on the Oasis and not sure which room to book. We are looking at an inside balcony. We were wondering about the Boardwalk Balconies, the noise level and how smooth the ride is in the back of the ship. Should we just stick with an ocean view balcony in the center of the ship. Thanks for any help.

Typically the ride on Oasis is very smooth no matter where you are. The Boardwalk balconies can be a bit louder when there is a show going on in the Aquatheater. There aren't that many and they certainly aren't too late at night. So other than that you shouldn't hear anything. The advantage is if you get one at the end near the Aquatheater you can get ocean and Boardwalk views.

I've heard that one should avoid interior balconies on 12 because noise from the pool deck on 14 can be heard more clearly. On Boardwalk balconies you will hear shows and movies in the Aquatheater but can glimpse or see the sea, on CP balconies you can hear the musicians who play in CP occasionally in the evenings, but no sea views. Most people report not hearing any noises when the balcony doors are locked.

In any case- great ship with loads to do, you won't spend too much time in your cabin;)

We had a boardwalk balcony on Allure. The ride was smooth and I can't imagine you would notice too much difference anywhere on that size ship. As far as noise it was a non issue. We were about mid way back on the boardwalk and about half way up. The balcony doors are very good so no noise for us. If the door was open you might hear some noise. We liked the view as we could see all the action below (and the aqua show-although not as good as sitting down in the seats) but we also had a partial ocean view as well when looking towards the back of the ship. If you pick a Central Park cabin you will have no ocean view. So I would say Boardwalk is a better interior balcony because of this. Privacy was never really an issue if the sheer drapes were drawn shut and it was nice to be able to go out on the balcony, have a drink, and watch all the activity.

I had an oceanview balcony on deck 8 (I think it was 8724) off of Central Park. This was by far my favorite room on any cruise I've taken. I loved walking through Central Park on the way to and from everywhere. It was easy to pop out to Park Cafe in the a.m. for coffee to take back to enjoy on my balcony. There were very view rooms down the corridor, so there was very little foot traffic.

Honestly, the only complaint I had about the room was that there was a VERY loud family next to me that must have had early seating for dinner, b/c they woke me up from my afternoon nap with the constant slamming in and out of their rooms. Luck of the draw, and it really wasn't their fault that I'm a night owl and would stay out very late. I did try to be considerately quiet when returning to my room at 4:00 a.m. however. ;-)

Archived