Cruise ship for sale!

Last week in Piraeus. Or just round the corner anyway....as we sailed out I saw this.....what ship is this? Why is it there? And what are the smaller ones?

Hope they turn out big pics.....if not how do i make them bigger?

DSCN9045.jpg.174f875631c3e17bee6916610faf11fe.jpg

DSCN9046.jpg.b18a16105e2960d47ac24f9617923123.jpg

When you click on the first line, click on the '+ more info' underneath Thomson Majesty. Are you taken to Louis Olympia/ex-Destiny? Is it my computer? :confused:

No its the same on mine. I was on the louis page just a few days ago and all was fine then, Majesty was definately there too. Marinetraffic.com has Majesty listed as being owned by TUI and managed by Louis and Island Escape as owned by Louis but managed by TUI! Think thats all a mistake or misinformation from somewhere, does anyone have the correct details?

Last week in Piraeus. Or just round the corner anyway....as we sailed out I saw this.....what ship is this? Why is it there? And what are the smaller ones?

Big one is definately Destiny/Olympia but I can't make out the other ones :)

The big ship is Louis Olympia, ex-Thomson Destiny. Was Destiny until April this year when Louis took it back. Finished cruising in October and is now up for sale.

We know that

Dream is sailing west med next summer

Celebration is sailing Turkey/greece next summer

Spirit is ex UK next summer

Majesty is meant to be Adriatic next summer

To me it would not make sense to pull Majesty from next summers itineries because that leaves no ship to fill that space.

If Escape is gone Thomson need a replacement for next summer.

I think the most logical option is for next summer use the Island Destiny.

When and if the 'new' ship arrives in 2014 it may replace the Celebration in Turkey or do the Adriatic. however there may be problems with basing a 'non greek' ship at corfu as happened some years ago when they tried to base Celebration there.

I think Destiny will replace Escape and mothball in winter like spirt/Escape.

It would make some sense for Destiny to replace IE. I think this should have been done years before when rumours first started to circulate that Destiny could become an Island ship. The only problem Thomson will have is that they got rid of Destiny because they said it was old and not good enough for them anymore. I would think that Island customers would be annoyed at getting ships that Thomson have said previously they don't think are fit to be in their fleet (even though I do believe Destiny is better than IE).

For 2014, Celebration is doing ex-UK, which would signal Spirit is leaving. If that was the case, they need a replace for Spirit too. I wonder if they are really going to have some problems with Corfu after next year? Hope not as then Adriatic Explorer would go. :(

No its the same on mine. I was on the louis page just a few days ago and all was fine then, Majesty was definately there too. Marinetraffic.com has Majesty listed as being owned by TUI and managed by Louis and Island Escape as owned by Louis but managed by TUI! Think thats all a mistake or misinformation from somewhere, does anyone have the correct details?

I think that TUI own Island Escape completely, and then the management is done through the same company as Dream and Celebration, although I might be wrong on that one. I remember seeing it listed at one point on some management of ships page, and it was the same and Dream and Celebration. Don't think Louis manage it, but could be wrong. :confused:

I think that TUI own Island Escape completely, and then the management is done through the same company as Dream and Celebration, although I might be wrong on that one. I remember seeing it listed at one point on some management of ships page, and it was the same and Dream and Celebration. Don't think Louis manage it, but could be wrong. :confused:

Yes thats what I thought too, pretty certain thats just duff info :confused:

Is it possible that Island cruises has been sold rather than just the ship?

Possibly, although the fact it has been sold to Korea maybe says no. Also, as the crew have been made redundant, you would think that if Island Cruises had been sold off they would have all stayed on.

I've always thought that Thomson haven't really wanted Island Cruises. Changing it to a one-ship operation as soon as they got it, and then not expanding kind of said it all really. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there was an announcement tomorrow saying that Island Cruises has gone, and all passengers will be transferred to Thomson Dream. We'll see...

Interesting now that on Apollo's website, when you click on the press release saying they have got Island Escape till 2014, it takes you to their homepage, even though it thinks that is the press release. All the other press releases work:

http://www.theapollogroup.com/press-release/

It would seem that they have replaced this press release with their homepage. Looks like there contract has ended with it.

Possibly, although the fact it has been sold to Korea maybe says no. Also, as the crew have been made redundant, you would think that if Island Cruises had been sold off they would have all stayed on.

I've always thought that Thomson haven't really wanted Island Cruises. Changing it to a one-ship operation as soon as they got it, and then not expanding kind of said it all really. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there was an announcement tomorrow saying that Island Cruises has gone, and all passengers will be transferred to Thomson Dream. We'll see...

IIRc Island cruises was a 2 ship operation between RCI and first choice with RCI providing Island Star. First Choice were taken over by TUI and RCI sold its share, taking back Star for deployment elswhere and leaving TUI with Escape.

TUI gave (foisted) Escape on Thomson and the first season was chaos as the ship was in the same brochure resulting in endless confusion.

so as far as i understand it

TUI own escape outright, thomson mange it and sub contractors run everything

Dream is ultimately owned by HAL but is on barebone charter via Costa with an option to buy in 2015

Celebration is owned by HAL and on barebone charter to Thomson

Spirit is bareboned charterd by louis from HAL and non barebone charted to Thomson

Majesty is owned by Louis who bought it from star cruises after it was transferred from NCL. It is non barebone charted to Thomson. however the arrangments for Majesty are not clear!

Clear as mud eh :confused::confused::confused:

Well, no information regarding it today. Thomson are still denying that it is sold, or kind of not revealing the truth to anyone who asks them. Still the same answer of 'we can't discuss these matters'. Probably be something next week then. Looks like Majesty definitely won't be being transferred to the Island brand as it has just been booked into Palma for summer 2014 to replace Thomson Dream in July and August. Thomson are still selling it. Will see if that is still the case on Sunday night. :)

Well, no information regarding it today. Thomson are still denying that it is sold, or kind of not revealing the truth to anyone who asks them. Still the same answer of 'we can't discuss these matters'. Probably be something next week then. Looks like Majesty definitely won't be being transferred to the Island brand as it has just been booked into Palma for summer 2014 to replace Thomson Dream in July and August. Thomson are still selling it. Will see if that is still the case on Sunday night. :)

Where is Dream going in July/aug 2014 if Majesty is replacing it?

Costa marina is showing for sale? Where is it? When was it withdrawn. I've never seen it on a costa programme!!!

Found it! Costa marina was the first of the older Costa ships to be sold she was renamed to Club Harmony and appears to be cruising Korea.

Archived