Wine package already bought now new policy?

happyiam

Hi. I have a question that affects my SIL's cruise on Oasis this weekend. They preordered a wine package but, with the new policy that allows them to bring 2 bottles with them, what happens if they don't drink all the bottles in the package? Do they change the package when they board, or do they get a refund on the last night? They had planned on having some in the dining room (from the package) and taking the rest of the bottle to their room, but know they won't need to do that. Thanks for your input.

If they do not use all of the bottles in the package by the last night, they can take the remaining bottles home with them.

Also keep in mind you can go to certain bars during the day and request a bottle from the package. If they enjoy a glass of wine during lunch, instead of ordering a glass, request a bottle from the package.

Not true. We just came off Explorer of the Sea and had a wine package. It was only available to use in the dining room. No bar would let us use it.

Louise

From the RCI website:

Q: Where can I enjoy my Wine & Dine package during my cruise?

A: You may enjoy your Wine purchase in the Main Dining Room, Windjammer or specialty restaurants.

Hi. I have a question that affects my SIL's cruise on Oasis this weekend. They preordered a wine package but, with the new policy that allows them to bring 2 bottles with them, what happens if they don't drink all the bottles in the package? Do they change the package when they board, or do they get a refund on the last night? They had planned on having some in the dining room (from the package) and taking the rest of the bottle to their room, but know they won't need to do that. Thanks for your input.

From the RCI website:

Q: What is the refund/cancellation policy for the Wine & Beverage packages?

A: Any orders canceled up to four days before the sail date are 100% refundable. Once onboard, refunds will be credited to the guest's folio account. Any partially consumed portion of the package will be charged at full price.

Maybe they could get a package that includes fewer bottles. They could also cancel, if they wanted to--if they end up taking bottles home, it would probably be cheaper to just order bottles of wine individually.

Archived