samples of entrees?

You must be referring to the Taste Bar. I don't know if Triumph has one or not. I don't think they are samples of what will be served in the Main Dining Room, but of what might be available at alternative restaurants, like the steakhouse, except Triumph doesn't have a steakhouse.

Or I suppose they could be little appetizers not really available elsewhere.

I'll try my first one on Carnival Conquest in a couple of weeks or so.

The Triumph has the Taste Bar. I don't believe it's a taste of the evening's entrees, but a variety of foods available throughout the cruise.

We usually found it after dinner and could never squeeze in another bite!

Enjoy your cruise!

I read on a cruise report that carnival triumph has a kiosk that you can swing by to sample a bite of the entree for the evening meal. :confused: I never new that possible.But it would be awesome so you actually order what you like the best. Sometimes its so hard to decide.

Name: The Taste Bar

Hours: 5:00pm-8:00pm, sea days and select port days

Function: Appetizer Program

Complimentary bite-size appetizers inspired by ‘Fun Ship 2.0’ dining venues; offerings may include appetizers from: BlueIguana Cantina; Cucina del Capitano; RedFrog Pub; Comfort Kitchen; Carnival’s Classic American Steakhouses

Signature cocktails tied to the eatery’s particular theme (nominal fee)

The Taste Bar

Complimentary Appetizer Program

Ships

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Conquest (October 2012)

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Dream

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Glory (November 2012)

Carnival Legend

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Magic

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Sensation

The Taste Bar, first introduced on the Carnival Miracle (April 2012), features complimentary bite-size offerings inspired by the newest and most popular ‘Fun Ship 2.0’ dining venues, along with a signature cocktail tied to that eatery’s particular theme available for purchase for $5. Fleet wide implementation is expected to be completed by summer 2013.

The Taste Bar cuisine samples will be offered on a rotating basis from approximately 5:00pm to 8:00pm on sea days and select port days. Location will vary by ship.

Sample offerings may include:

· Roasted pork tacos with green chili salsa and aged cotija cheese, and chicken, avocado, and lime tortilla soup, inspired by the BlueIguana Cantina that debuted on Carnival Liberty, with a refreshing Blue’s Blue Margarita as the accompanying drink

· Nonna's meatballs and hand-whipped ricotta bruchetta, patterned after the family-style offerings at the Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant introduced on Carnival Magic, with the eatery’s house Chianti served from an oversized barrel on wheels

· Fried malanga (sweet potatoes) filled with ginger-scented pork and lime aioli, and pepper pot soup with cilantro sour cream, similar to what is served at Carnival Magic’s RedFrog Pub, with a Rum Jumper as the suggested beverage

· Grilled ham and provolone cheese melt on buttermilk brioche and cream of tomato soup, from the new Comfort Kitchen option debuting on Carnival Breeze, served with Lynchburg Lemonade

· Short rib croquettes with chipotle aioli and guava and tomato relish, served with pumpkin bisque with sour cream, available with a Manhattan cocktail representing Carnival’s classic American steakhouses

But it would be awesome so you actually order what you like the best. Sometimes its so hard to decide.

you can order as many entrees as you want in the MDR and will not get thrown off in the next port if you do not eat it all.

youcan also get some entrees as a starter (smaller portions)

The Taste Bar is purr-fect if you have late dinner seating. Get there when it opens and load up before heading back to your stateroom to freshen up and relax before dinner.

Also, as others have said there are do-overs in the dining room. Be adventurous, try something new and different...I am always surprised at how much I actually like something that "sounds" atrocious.

They had the taste bar going on, on the Legend-the item you are given is a TASTE, unless you recieve a bunch of them, they will never be a meal. And it is not a taste of what is happening in the MDR, it's a taste of the foods, elsewhere on the ship, or another ship,for that matter, as the Legend does not have the bars yet where you can dine.

Archived