Travel Documents – Express Check-in question

NJfamily

I’m looking at our travel doc and realized that 4 out of the 14 documents have “Express Check-in” stickers on them. The 4 for my nieces and nephews are missing them. My 2 kids have Express check-in stickers. I checked the cruise personalizer and realized that although the Passenger Immigration section says they are completed the parents did not put in any credit card info in the system for their children. I have a few questions for the experts;

1) Can they still go through Express check-in as this is the only missing information and the personalizer does list the information as completed?

2) I suspect the parents may not want the children to have charging privileges. If a credit card is required for check-in can it be removed once you are on board? (I know you can do this on Disney, and then just put the crew tips from the kids on the parent’s cards.)

I would just call Princess and ask them. If only 4 of the 14 have the express checkin stickers then only these 4 are set up for this. Express check in wasn't a special line on our last Princess cruise, it just made the check in quicker because they just checked our ID's and handed us our passes already all done.

It's a bit different than checking in for Disney. They didn't have to swipe our credit card or print out the KTTW like Disney does, their version of the KTTW card was already and waiting for us.

Interesting! We always complete the forms on line and get express check in, BUT, they ALWAYS swipe our credit card when we check in at the pier. Even thought we have supplied the number to them, they still insist on swiping it.

As far as I know, the express check in sticker is not really important. It just means you have completed the forms online or have faxed back all of the info they require to obtain the express sticker.

When you check in to the ship, if the parents don't want the children to have charging privledges, they can just let Princess know and they will give them their cruise cards minus the right to charge on them. All the card will be good for is opening the cabin door and getting on and off the ship for them.

The only Express Check In line that I found quick was the Express Check In for Platinum members. You really don't have to go to express...sometimes that even takes longer. Just go to the line which has been assigned your deck if the lines are shorter.

Thank you for the responses. I feel much better now. I thought there were two different types of check-in lines, based on if you filled out the cruise personalizer beforehand. I feel much better now. There is at least one individual in our traveling group who would get uptight over something like members of the group having to check-in a different line because the cruise personalizer wasn't completed fully ahead of time.

Good to know we can remove the charge privileges; I suspect the parents of the teenagers might do that.

Thank you for the responses. I feel much better now. I thought there were two different types of check-in lines, based on if you filled out the cruise personalizer beforehand. I feel much better now. There is at least one individual in our traveling group who would get uptight over something like members of the group having to check-in a different line because the cruise personalizer wasn't completed fully ahead of time.

Good to know we can remove the charge privileges; I suspect the parents of the teenagers might do that.

Of course, things do go smoother when all the info is filled out via cruise personalizer before you check in at the pier. I wouldn't be too nervous about this check in. Princess does a fabulous job with this, and their agents are very helpful. They move you fast. And if someone in your party gets delayed because the papers were not completed, it's no big deal. You can go on board and plan to meet in your cabin or in the Horizon Court.

Archived