Parking for Cape Liberty

las313

We just came back from Explorer of the Sea - nicknamed hurricane cruise. We drove up from FLA planning to park at the pier. My travel agent emailed us the day before and said not to park at the pier due to possible flooding. Great move. It did flood.

We searched on line and found the following. Snap-parking.com. They have indoor parking, free shuttle to and from the pier, car washed on return and the best $8.95 a night. Located 2 miles from Newark airport. Area looked shady but car was safe. We just put the address in our GPS and it found it easily.

He dropped dd and sil at the airport on our return.

Check it out. Big savings.

Louise

We just came back from Explorer of the Sea - nicknamed hurricane cruise. We drove up from FLA planning to park at the pier. My travel agent emailed us the day before and said not to park at the pier due to possible flooding. Great move. It did flood.

We searched on line and found the following. Snap-parking.com. They have indoor parking, free shuttle to and from the pier, car washed on return and the best $8.95 a night. Located 2 miles from Newark airport. Area looked shady but car was safe. We just put the address in our GPS and it found it easily.

He dropped dd and sil at the airport on our return.

Check it out. Big savings.

Louise

I checked it out and they have a great intro rate. How did the return work out and how long did the pick-up take?

Unfortunately due to the hurricane, their phone was not working. We had to get a taxi to them. They apologized. We were one of several who parked there and were on the ship. Apparently no one there left the message about needing to pick up at the ship.

She competed us one day. She said they normally would be there waiting.

Louise

I checked it out and they have a great intro rate. How did the return work out and how long did the pick-up take?

I corresponded with them regarding pier pickups and they had me call the garage and talk to Cesar. He said that, for now, pier transfers are free. There may be a charge in the future, but that has not been determined.

Basically, note that you are cruising in your reservation. When you show up at the garage they will take you to the pier. They will ask for an approximate time for you to be picked up and have their van waiting there for you.

Steve

I corresponded with them regarding pier pickups and they had me call the garage and talk to Cesar. He said that, for now, pier transfers are free. There may be a charge in the future, but that has not been determined.

Basically, note that you are cruising in your reservation. When you show up at the garage they will take you to the pier. They will ask for an approximate time for you to be picked up and have their van waiting there for you.

Steve

Maybe if several of us park there we can set a time to arrive and depart so it will be one trip in the van.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maddycat
I have emailed them regarding the 11-15 cruise. i was told you can board the explorer @noon?!

That is correct. We usually arrive at the port around 11am. We're usually on the ship by noon.

• 1 month later...
Maybe if several of us park there we can set a time to arrive and depart so it will be one trip in the van.

I just made a reservation here as well. I told him we'd probably be there around 9:30 am. As for return, I told him we're due in port early, but probably wont get off the ship at least until 10:00 am.

This is a much better option than having my friend bring us...four hours of round-trip travel for her to bring us to port is way too much to ask!

Thanks for the reco! - Nancy

• 2 months later...
This option sounds interesting. Please, can someone tell me how long the trip is between the pier and the parking lot at Snap-Parking? Thanks!

Also, has anyone used this lot recently?

I haven't parked there, but it's about 10 miles from Cape Liberty and should take about 20-30 minutes in normal traffic.

I haven't parked there, but it's about 10 miles from Cape Liberty and should take about 20-30 minutes in normal traffic.

We used it for the feb 10 sailing. Other than having to wait for the van (pier traffic was horrible) the trip was quick and uneventful. When we returned our car was waiting and it had been washed. The van driver even put our bags in the car for us !

I'd definitely recommend it

Steve

Archived