Glory to get Scenic Ocean View Rooms During Drydock

MNelson486

My friends booked 9198 on the Valor and it was one of those floor-to-ceiling window rooms at the front of the ship. We went to see it and let me tell you: I will DEFINITELY book a cruise and be in one of those rooms. The room is STUNNING. It has an electronic "window shade" of sorts that covers the whole window. One night our friends left it open and all night they were able to gaze at the stars because the sky was completely clear and star-studded.

Oy... I want to book one of those rooms SO BAD.

NOTE: It comes with ONE chair (dumb). They asked for a second one and one was delivered to them. We felt no motion... it was a LOVELY room. First time I've ever had room envy!

This person left theirs up!!

at night time if your lights are on it will interfer with the bridge wich is right below'you.

sleeping with the shades up it will be pitch dark and i bet the sun will be super bright to wake you up

My friends booked 9198 on the Valor and it was one of those floor-to-ceiling window rooms at the front of the ship. We went to see it and let me tell you: I will DEFINITELY book a cruise and be in one of those rooms. The room is STUNNING. It has an electronic "window shade" of sorts that covers the whole window. One night our friends left it open and all night they were able to gaze at the stars because the sky was completely clear and star-studded.

Oy... I want to book one of those rooms SO BAD.

NOTE: It comes with ONE chair (dumb). They asked for a second one and one was delivered to them. We felt no motion... it was a LOVELY room. First time I've ever had room envy!

Soooooooooooooooo EXCITED to read your post!!!!:D I'm booked in 9199 for our Valor cruise leaving 3/31 out of San Juan! So excited to see that you liked it so much! My mom got the room two doors down, 9197. We got the last rooms and we booked it LAST March....can you believe that?! That's a year in advance. Crazy. But I'm hoping it's well worth it because we originally wanted a balcony but my 10yr old is afraid of heights and also wanted to see what the captain sees as he drives the ship. :o

Yes you CAN sleep with the shades open! LOL However, you can't have your lights on in your room at the same time. But who would want their lights on and try looking out at the same time? You can't see anything that way. Can't see the sky, the ocean....only your reflection in the window.:o I can totally understand why the bridge would have trouble driving the ship, heehee....have you tried driving your car with your inside lights on before? Kinda tough.

I'm super pysched about having one of these front facing rooms!!! And now that I've had time to learn more about the room, I'm so glad we booked this room over an ordinary balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

Spencer, my heavens, what a ghastly error. Goodness, gracious me. I had it right the first time. 9199.

I think we may have stumbled upon a fun new game on these boards: ask very experienced cruisers for their opinion on cabins that don't exist and observe the apoplexy. "Has anybody stayed in cabin 10131 on the Norwegian Dawn, it's a category 4W. I'm wondering if this is a good location?" Hilarity ensues.

Edited by Seabourn Pearls

I just signed up here because of this thread

I booked one of the corner scenic oceanview cabins for Conquest in September (I think 9201, can't pull up the website right now). There are only two of us. I asked the lady on the phone several times pointedly "is there any way we would get reassigned to another cabin" - I was worried more that it was a handicapped accessible (it's not). She said NO, if you book this room you will get this room.

I saw the pics of 9200 on Valor here and had to have it - now I'm worried from a couple of these posts that I could get screwed (there's no way I'd have paid the extra money without that exact cabin, not that I didn't get a great deal on it)

IF they were to do a ship-full-we're-moving-you thing, where would they move us? There are only 6 cabins remotely like that, and we just booked the last one.

Edited by WhoDat2009

9201 is for two'people you will not be moved from that cabin

if you tried to book 9200 for only two people the booking engine wouldnt not let you.

i had a very hard time trying to book it for 3 people.

i also want to throw it out there that not all pvp know what they are talking about.

you can be moved out of a cabin that is not full of thenrequired people.

you can be moved from a handicapped cabin, although none of these scenic views are handicapped cabins

Edited by serene56

9201 is for two'people you will not be moved from that cabin

if you tried to book 9200 for only two people the booking engine wouldnt not let you.

i had a very hard time trying to book it for 3 people.

i also want to throw it out there that not all pvp know what they are talking about.

you can be moved out of a cabin that is not full of thenrequired people.

you can be moved from a handicapped cabin, although none of these scenic views are handicapped cabins

Got it. I assumed that since 9200 was a 4-person the equally-large 9201 would be also. I guess it doesn't have the fold out bed?

Sounds like I got a great deal. Thanks for clarifying that.

Got it. I assumed that since 9200 was a 4-person the equally-large 9201 would be also. I guess it doesn't have the fold out bed?

Sounds like I got a great deal. Thanks for clarifying that.

9201 has a regular sofa. its one less closet. and no sofa lounger.

very nice set up.

Glory does not have that lounge sofa in 9201

and the room is NOT made up like that.

did youmove it around yourself? Coz I think i will do that with my lounge sofa

I was surprised to see the chaise lounger in front of the window.

No I didn't move it. The room was set up that was and the sofa had a full pull out bed inside of it.

LOVED THIS CABIN!

edymanyp.jpg

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked 9200 for 2 of us in Oct. on the conquest, it didn't show available on the web but when I called, it was

I have 9200 on the Valor booked for only 2 people. Called in and got it no problem. Only problem is I have to wait to Feb to sail.

Melissa

So, 9201 on the Conquest must hold more than 2 people. On the Valor, 9201 only sleeps 2. There is no chaise lounge on the Valor in 9201. There is one in 9200, which sleeps 4. I wonder if they may change the occupancy on the Valor to also hold 4 in both 9200 and 9201. They would make more money, since both cabins are the same size.

Edited by INCHARGE

I have 9200 on the Valor booked for only 2 people. Called in and got it no problem. Only problem is I have to wait to Feb to sail.

Melissa

Haha! I hear ya. We have wait until January for 9200 on the Glory. :p