R-Ship 7N Caribbean Dec-- Clothing to pack?

Funcouple

We will be sailing Regatta (Our 1st Oceania) for 7 nights in the Caribbean this Dec. We are in our mid 40's and moderately active.

We understand about the "country club" style -- how much of what clothing is an appropriate amount to pack?

Men?

Women?

Thanks....

I am not understanding your question ???

pack as much or as little as you like

We pack pretty much the same for a 7 night & for 30 nights

1 suitcase each & 1 carry-on for the electronics & meds etc

We will be sailing Regatta (Our 1st Oceania) for 7 nights in the Caribbean this Dec. We are in our mid 40's and moderately active.

We understand about the "country club" style -- how much of what clothing is an appropriate amount to pack?

Men?

Women?

Thanks....

You'll probably be in bathing suits during most of each day, so bring along enough shorts, tee shirts and cover ups to make that work. Remember that Waves (the pool grill) is the only restaurant where a bathing suit is appropriate attire.

In the evening, you will probably feel cool in the public rooms and restaurants because you are tanned ( people never realize this), so bring a few long sleeved shirts "just in case".

Otherwise, three or four "resort type" outfits which can be mixed and matched are the way to go.

If you're flying to the cruise, do what I do and wear clogs on the plane (easy to remove for security) and let them double as your beach shoes. ;)

You'll probably be in bathing suits during most of each day, so bring along enough shorts, tee shirts and cover ups to make that work. Remember that Waves (the pool grill) is the only restaurant where a bathing suit is appropriate attire.

In the evening, you will probably feel cool in the public rooms and restaurants because you are tanned ( people never realize this), so bring a few long sleeved shirts "just in case".

Otherwise, three or four "resort type" outfits which can be mixed and matched are the way to go.

If you're flying to the cruise, do what I do and wear clogs on the plane (easy to remove for security) and let them double as your beach shoes. ;)

Or Jim get Global Entry so no shoes off..!!!

We have our personal interviews in December at Miami International..

Jancruz1

Fun Couple:

I cruise the Caribbean every year and I'm also on this same 7-night cruise, plus I live in Miami. The dress code on a Caribbean cruise is a bit more casual, than let's say Europe. I've done 10 and 12 nighters as well. This is what I'll bring on this cruise:

Female:

3 pairs of white slax

1 pair of black or navy slax

Blouses for evenings

Jewelry/eve bag

2 dresses for specialty restaurant (but pants are fine)

Capris/shorts and Polo/T-shirts for sea/shore days

Sandals, both dressy and walking

Water shoes if snorkeling

2-3 bathing suits and coverups

Beach/pool bag

SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN!

Male:

4 pairs Dockers

3 pairs Shorts

2 dress slax

Dress shirts

T-shirt/polo shirts

Bathing suits

Sandals/sneakers/1 pr dress shoes

If something gets soiled, I send it out to be washed (Oceania does a great job).

I do make a packing list and figure out what I'm going to wear each day. This keeps me from overpacking.

The reason I like Oceania, is that there are no formal nights (saves an extra suitcase).

Hope this helps. Looking forward to a wonderful cruise on Oceania again.

Cathy's got a good list, although I tend to be a little more minimalist for a 7-night Caribbean (assuming country club casual.)

For me, I don't wear white pants, so I bring a couple of lightweight summer pants, plus a pair or two for evening, with several somewhat glitzy tops to go with. Usually only one bathing suit, plus a cover-up for the ship and the beach. At my age I favour capris over shorts! :cool: Oh, and a long summer dress, usually.

For my husband, two pairs of docker-style pants is more than enough, and I always bring too many short-sleeved summer shirts for him--5 is enough. One pair of shorts, and perhaps a long-sleeved dress shirt in case it's cool in the evening. He doesn't wear t-shirts except for exercise and snorkeling, so he's set.

Archived