*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Mariner didn't turn in the turning basin this morning. :( She backed in all the way from the gulf. I hope this isn't the new normal!

Wasn't she also in a bit later than usual? We are on her today. :D Caught her coming in on hotel lobby computer.

11 short weeks....Final payment made.

Dylan, keep us up to speed. Your weekly "views" are appreciated!

Temps in North Texas creeping back near 60. I know it is a dream, but would love to see winter over!......Hate cold.

Curious to read, later today and tomorrow if anyone comes to CC to comment on Embarkation and disembarkation. RCI has taken a beating this season over that issue.

Dylan, Webshots closed!:mad: It's now something called SMILE that does everything but make me :). This happened the beginning of October.:(

I wouldn't have known about it except someone posted a thread on the RCCL forum which I got lucky enough to see before it got moved to the Photo and Camera Discussion forum. Here's a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1716775

A little late replying to this, but that sucks. They're getting rid of the number one reason most people used their site for, as well as many pics on forums that came from Webshots. I didn't get a warning about them closing either. At least everything I had on there is on my hard drive.

Mariner didn't turn in the turning basin this morning. :( She backed in all the way from the gulf. I hope this isn't the new normal!

When we were on the Mariner in early Dec. Capt Fleming told us the pilot had him turn earlier and back the last mile down the channel to the pier. Said he really like it that way. I watched us turn when we came in and he turned the ship right around the Marina.

Edited by golfpccc

When we were on the Mariner in early Dec. Capt Fleming told us the pilot had him turn earlier and back the last mile down the channel to the pier. Said he really like it that way. I watched us turn when we came in and he turned the ship right around the Marina.

No, Mariner didn't turn in the harbor at all this morning. She was already in reverse when she entered the harbor and passed the turning basin / marina.

No, Mariner didn't turn in the harbor at all this morning. She was already in reverse when she entered the harbor and passed the turning basin / marina.

Mariner used to do that every time when based in LA. The Captain told us the distance was about 3 miles.

Going to attempt to make a time lapse today. I want to see what it looks like when a ship comes in through the fog. Also, since the ships aren't in port yet, I'm thinking they're going to turn this afternoon instead (I prefer to see the ships turn in the afternoon).

Looked at the cam and didn't see much. Think we have eight weeks before dd and I are on Disney Magic. Sad that Disney can't do well here as the service on board in fantastic even for first time folks on the line. Of course even with the twenty percent off I got for booking while aboard in October I think I am still nearly fifty percent more than I'd have paid for the cheapest cruise at same time.

Got some clients a great deal on Mariner week before spring break as they were able to use the Texas residents special. Turns out they only live about three miles from me.

Guess I am going to eat and change so I can go do chores at the ranch.

I wonder what they consider to be too much fog. When we came back into Galveston on Triumph in November, it was so foggy that morning that you couldn't see from one end of the ship to the other. We thought we'd get a few extra hours onboard, but we sailed right in through the fog and docked on time. We couldn't see any of the ships around us, but knew they were there as Triumph was blowing her horn every couple of minutes and they were answering.