*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

For those of you who saw the later Navigator schedule, how far out did it show, please? To Dec. 2014?

I only saw one cruise...May 18th. It was up for a couple hours with no pricing, then it disappeared.:confused: My assumption is they were beginning to upload itineraries, and somebody pushed the wrong button.:rolleyes: Either that, or they underestimated the persistence of the Cruise Critics:D!

:confused::confused::confused:

Patience!:D I fully expect us to have to wait at least another week before we hear anything any more definite than what I was told Saturday. If it's earlier than that, I will be pleasantly surprised.

When (not if!:)) the itineraries come out, I'm seriously considering switching my booking to May 4th while cabin selection is wide open. There were very few suites left when I made my Navigator reservation last Wednesday. I prefer a GS with the deeper overhang, and there weren't any left by the time I booked.

Without going way back in the threads and looking, I noticed that there are no sailings listed for Navigatore in Jan 2014. There are Dec 2013 and Feb 2014 listings, but no January....

Has anyone else noticed this???:confused:

Edited by shmthaus

Without going way back in the threads and looking, I noticed that there are no sailings listed for Navigatore in Jan 2014. There are Dec 2013 and Feb 2014 listings, but no January....

Has anyone else noticed this???:confused:

Would it be in drydock/refurb?

This thread says refurb Jan 2014:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1721351

Edited by mstelly

Thanks for the link... it looks like it will be in refurb....

I wonder if they will sail it to a dry dock or do a wet dock???

While we were in Freeport this past week, we saw an NCL and X in drydock at the Freeport dock area. There was some other small ship in wetdock, but couldn't tell what line. It looked like an older RCCL ship, but the hull was black and the emblem on the bow was green and looked like waves. Our binoculars weren't strong enough see the name.

We just got off the Navigator TA Sunday. We quizzed a lot of the "stripes" about what was happening to the NOS after April 27, 2014, which is the last cruise listed on the web-site.

Some said they didn't know. Some smiled like the cat that had the cream but gave no answers. About all we found out we think is true is that the dry-dock will be done here in Galveston and not Miami.

We heard that the NOS was staying in Galveston, we heard it was going to continue being seasonal for the next couple of years.

Tucker in Texas

There was some other small ship in wetdock, but couldn't tell what line. It looked like an older RCCL ship, but the hull was black and the emblem on the bow was green and looked like waves. Our binoculars weren't strong enough see the name.

The ship you saw was the Monarch of the Seas, now just Monarch repainted for it's new sailings.

We just got off the Navigator TA Sunday. We quizzed a lot of the "stripes" about what was happening to the NOS after April 27, 2014, which is the last cruise listed on the web-site.

Some said they didn't know. Some smiled like the cat that had the cream but gave no answers. About all we found out we think is true is that the dry-dock will be done here in Galveston and not Miami.

We heard that the NOS was staying in Galveston, we heard it was going to continue being seasonal for the next couple of years.

Tucker in Texas

Dry dock should be done in the Bahamas.

Hi Dylan, just to show you that I have not been all that observant or keeping up with your vids through past arrivals and departures.... I was wondering when they started turning around and backing up the channel? The times I before when I was on the Voyager, (the last time in 2010) they would come in bow first and dock port side to, then turn around by the Pelican Island Causeway after sailing. I also was on one sailing where turned around by the PI Causeway before docking.

Hi Dylan, just to show you that I have not been all that observant or keeping up with your vids through past arrivals and departures.... I was wondering when they started turning around and backing up the channel? The times I before when I was on the Voyager, (the last time in 2010) they would come in bow first and dock port side to, then turn around by the Pelican Island Causeway after sailing. I also was on one sailing where turned around by the PI Causeway before docking.

I think I know why.

If you remember back in 2011, the ship was stuck in port for two days due to fog. Carnival had backed in and caught a 1 hour window to get out, I think the next morning. Since Royal was going to need more time to turn around to head out, they were stuck for another day when the fog rolled back in.

Lesson learned, every since then they back in so they are headed the right direction if they have to get out in a hurry.

Tucker in Texas

I think I know why.

If you remember back in 2011, the ship was stuck in port for two days due to fog. Carnival had backed in and caught a 1 hour window to get out, I think the next morning. Since Royal was going to need more time to turn around to head out, they were stuck for another day when the fog rolled back in.

Lesson learned, every since then they back in so they are headed the right direction if they have to get out in a hurry.

Tucker in Texas

Ah... That makes perfect sense, thanks. I know about those fog cruises:eek:! We were on one on arrival, had to wait outside Galveston until around 2PM. What mayhem with folks trying to rearrange flights and such. Thank goodness we had driven.

I wish our "of the Seas" ship would still turn by the Pelican Island causeway instead of on the other side of the oil rig museum that's hard to see through. I understand why they turn in the mornings, but I don't understand why they changed turning basins. Oh well...

_____

SSB, You're welcome!

Dyland, that time lapse was awesome. Really enjoyed it since I missed the real deal on Sunday. Keep up the good work. Thanks, Pat

Yes for those that have been on his threads plural

We have watched him grow up!!!!