*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

I posted this on Celebrity Deployment "sticky" but thought it'd be of interest here too:

Today, 12/14, driving home from an RCL cruise we saw three full size billboards in a row, a few hundred yards between each one.

Captions (from memory):

"On your next cruise be inspired"

"You should still be talking about your cruise"

" (something about best memories) "

All accompanied by the =X= and a pretty picture.

So what, you may ask, well it was on IH-45 near Corsicana, TX and we were returning from Galveston.

The nearest =X= port is several hundred miles and several states away so why advertise in that location, somewhere only people that drive to Houston/Galveston will see ?

Could =X= be thinking nostalgically about Texas ?

We can only hope.

P.S. The disembarkation was the fastest yet experienced. From ship to driving away from Galv. Park n'Cruise in about 30minutes:)

I posted this on Celebrity Deployment "sticky" but thought it'd be of interest here too:

Today, 12/14, driving home from an RCL cruise we saw three full size billboards in a row, a few hundred yards between each one.

Captions (from memory):

"On your next cruise be inspired"

"You should still be talking about your cruise"

" (something about best memories) "

All accompanied by the =X= and a pretty picture.

So what, you may ask, well it was on IH-45 near Corsicana, TX and we were returning from Galveston.

The nearest =X= port is several hundred miles and several states away so why advertise in that location, somewhere only people that drive to Houston/Galveston will see ?

Could =X= be thinking nostalgically about Texas ?

We can only hope.

Interesting!!!! Thanks for telling us!

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the three Celebrity billboards near Corsicana when returning from Houston the other day, though they must have changed since pspercy saw them.

The first two billboards were white with blue text and no logo or graphics (I was trying to figure out which cruise line this was), and the third had the Celebrity logo over a white background with no other graphics. I was very surprised!

WOW, it has been quite a while since I visited this wonderful little group of people. I hope everyone is well and having a great time.

We went out of Houston at Thanksgiving on the Norwegian Jewel and had a wonderful cruise. We have been cruising more and more with NCL and really like what they have to offer. My last cruise on RCL last year was not stellar and it is a shame after all the years on RCL to find them moving away from us.

The Houston port sure is easy to use after the mess at Galveston. While Galveston is better than it was, it is still a horrid port to try to use from the standpoint of loading and unloading.

A very merry Christmas to everyone here.

I really enjoyed my NCL cruise last Spring. Looked at the Jewel for a getaway in upcoming months but found a better deal on Princess where we have Elite Status. Cost to go on GetAway was quite a bit higher although I'd choose it over Jewel but cost was too far over Princess for dates I wanted.

Heard a few too many complaints about service on RCCL ships lately. Latest complaint was about HAL on an Antarctica sailing going on right now.

Hopefully this Summer we will get to do Vietnam by river on AmaWaterways

Hope all enjoyed the holidays. One more day off for DD then back to competitive academics at DeBakey.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a good place to ask why Labadee is not a port of call for any sailings out of Galveston ? It is a tad further east than Falmouth so maybe it's an issue of being there in daylight ?

Just curious.

Edited by pspercy

This might be a good place to ask why Labadee is not a port of call for any sailings out of Galveston ? It is a tad further east than Falmouth so maybe it's an issue of being there in daylight ?

Just curious.

Don't know, but I think a stop at Labadee would make the Galveston itineraries more interesting.

For those of you sailing out of Galveston, if you post on the webcam chat board what you will be wearing and where you will be, the cam operators can try to zoom in on you. You can tell your family / friends to watch the cam and see you.

Would you or anyone else be able to share the cam link please?

Hi y'all! Just wondering if any of you locals have seen any construction on the new/updated terminal? If so.... How's it looking?

I was on Navigator a few weeks ago and didn't see anything besides a construction fence near the ship. They better get going cause November will be here before they know it!

I'm going back on Feb 8th for 2 weeks so I'll see if anything has occurred since then.

Edited by chermilo

I was on Navigator a few weeks ago and didn't see anything besides a construction fence near the ship. They better get going cause November will be here before they know it!

I'm going back on Feb 8th for 2 weeks so I'll see if anything has occurred since then.

That was what I was thinking too........... Thanks for replying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No ships in port yet today.... Too foggy! Hey! If you're an Arlo Guthrie fan.... He's playing at the Grand today! He just posted that on his facebook page... So ya may see him walking around town today!

Edited by SRV FAN