Luggage tags from Amazon

I just ordered luggage tags from Amazon for my upcoming cruise on the Mariner. Total price for a set of 5 tags was 23.90. Pretty steep if you ask me but I wanted them anyway. There were several good reviews from people who had ordered them so I'm hoping they're worth the price. :) Anyone ever use them? What did you think?

I just ordered luggage tags from Amazon for my upcoming cruise on the Mariner. Total price for a set of 5 tags was 23.90. Pretty steep if you ask me but I wanted them anyway. There were several good reviews from people who had ordered them so I'm hoping they're worth the price. :) Anyone ever use them? What did you think?

We ordered ours from another company (favors by serendipity) and they were a whole lot less. We love them and it beats using tape and/or staplers.

Oredered mine from AAA $4.95 for a pack of two. Very happy with the quality.

If this is something you ordered on the AAA website, would it be possible to post a link please? I'm curious as to what the AAA version looks like.

Bob

Has anyone ordered these luggage tags from amazon?

The tags pictured in your post only accomodate the narrow tags such as the ones used by RCCL and Celebrity and will not holder larger tags such as the type used by HAL. Since most cruise lines have begun switching over to paper luggage tags and do not cruise one line exclusively I chose to purchase the type sold through Favors by Serendity as they accomodate most cruise lines luggage tags.

We ordered ours from another company (favors by serendipity) and they were a whole lot less. We love them and it beats using tape and/or staplers.

I checked and these are the EXACT tags I ordered from Amazon. They even say "Favors by Serendipity." I guess Amazon is certainly making their profit! I'm thinking of cancelling my order and re-ordering them direct from the Favors by Serendipity website. :mad:

There on the AAA web site under travel accessories. They are listed as CRUISE TAG HOLDERS.

The AAA website has an irritating "feature" that redirects me to the Chicago version of the website, which does not have the luggage tags. I can google the AAA luggage tags, find some links to mid-atlantic AAA or autoclubsouth, but when I click those, I see the tags for a short time, then I get forced to choose my local club website.

Thanks for the info.

Bob

I checked and these are the EXACT tags I ordered from Amazon. They even say "Favors by Serendipity." I guess Amazon is certainly making their profit! I'm thinking of cancelling my order and re-ordering them direct from the Favors by Serendipity website. :mad:

Am I reading this correctly or not, but Amazon gives you a set of five, while the other site sell each one at $3.95 each, so how is Amazon more expensive? :confused:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DFO530/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005DFO530&linkCode=as2&tag=cruisetag-20

Am I reading this correctly or not, but Amazon gives you a set of five, while the other site sell each one at $3.95 each, so how is Amazon more expensive? :confused:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DFO530/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005DFO530&linkCode=as2&tag=cruisetag-20

When I click on the link - it says set of 8 for $23.99. With shipping of $6.95, that comes to $2.99 each. Not bad.

I'm of the mind that I could get three drinks for that amount of money . I'll use the tape method.;)

Don't know which site you're checking but if you go directly to Favors by Serendipty website the pricing is as follows:

• 1-4 are $2.95 each
  • 5 or more are $2.50 each

Don't know which site you're checking but if you go directly to Favors by Serendipty website the pricing is as follows:

• 1-4 are $2.95 each
  • 5 or more are $2.50 each

Thanks for correcting me. I didn't know that they have two similar products, I was looking at the ones with LIVE, LOVE, CRUISE printed.

Going back to Amazon, it's now $16.95 for a set of eight, so still cheaper than the other site.

Thanks for correcting me. I didn't know that they have two similar products, I was looking at the ones with LIVE, LOVE, CRUISE printed.

Going back to Amazon, it's now $16.95 for a set of eight, so still cheaper than the other site.

Plus $7 in shipping!

I would definitely cancel your order with Amazon and order direct with Favors.

dang you amazon...that's a fail. lol

I purchased mine from Favors by Serendipity, used them once, and, as paper tags printed from home computers, with inkjet ink, I need something that will not lose everything in print, if we board on a day of rain!

I'll break even, as they are reuseable!;)

Rick

We just got back from our first cruise ever where we had to print our own luggage tags (the docs dance isn't the same when you have to print them...).

We went with a tip elsewhere here - wide, clear, packing tape. Printed up each one and folded it, put a piece of tape on a flat surface (with DW holding it still!) and applied the printed side of the tag to the sticky side of the tape. The tape is wider than the tags so when we put it on the handles with a couple of more bits of tape going around it was an essentially waterproof tag. Total cost: pennies a tag.

They all survived the trip - so well that we had to use nail scissors to cut them off when we were on board.

Just throwing that out there...

Ahoy Mateys...

We ordered the Serendipity luggage tag holders some time ago...

We have used them on our last 4 cruises, and they still look like new..

Serendipity is quick with the delivery of your purchase.

Dorothy

Hey there, i can answer why these are exactly the same ones on Amazon and Serendipity, Amazon allows outside sellers to post on their site to sell their products. If you look under the cost it will say dispatched by "Favors by Serendipity" the cost will be higher because Amazon charges the seller a large commission, I know because up until this year i was an Amazon seller on the uk site, FBS has listed them there on Amazon to reach a wider audience and obviously it worked, If the product is NOT dispatched by Amazon then its always worth googling the seller name to see if they have their own website :D

Sami.

We just got back from our first cruise ever where we had to print our own luggage tags (the docs dance isn't the same when you have to print them...).

We went with a tip elsewhere here - wide, clear, packing tape. Printed up each one and folded it, put a piece of tape on a flat surface (with DW holding it still!) and applied the printed side of the tag to the sticky side of the tape. The tape is wider than the tags so when we put it on the handles with a couple of more bits of tape going around it was an essentially waterproof tag. Total cost: pennies a tag.

They all survived the trip - so well that we had to use nail scissors to cut them off when we were on board.

Just throwing that out there...

We also print out the tags and cover with packing tape.

They are WATERPROOF and STURDY. NO BIG HASSLE.

Hey there, i can answer why these are exactly the same ones on Amazon and Serendipity, Amazon allows outside sellers to post on their site to sell their products. If you look under the cost it will say dispatched by "Favors by Serendipity" the cost will be higher because Amazon charges the seller a large commission, I know because up until this year i was an Amazon seller on the uk site, FBS has listed them there on Amazon to reach a wider audience and obviously it worked, If the product is NOT dispatched by Amazon then its always worth googling the seller name to see if they have their own website :D

Sami.

I cancelled my order through Amazon, and ordered them direct from "Favors by Serendipity." Live and learn. :rolleyes:

We also print out the tags and cover with packing tape.

They are WATERPROOF and STURDY. NO BIG HASSLE.

Ditto here too. I printed the tag from our e-docs, in color for that ...sigh....old traditional look,

then duplicated and cut them in the strips. Laid them out and ran wide clear tape down

each side. Agree they are now waterproof and even sturdier than the original

mailed tags were.

Did you staple or tape when attached?

Thanks for the Amazon tip....I just ordered the set of 8 for less than $30 including tax and shipping. My mom cruises all the time and they will be a great birthday gift! Better yet if they get here before Saturday when we leave for our next cruise ;)

Archived