Luggage tags from Amazon

Ditto here too. I printed the tag from our e-docs, in color for that ...sigh....old traditional look,

then duplicated and cut them in the strips. Laid them out and ran wide clear tape down

each side. Agree they are now waterproof and even sturdier than the original

mailed tags were.

Did you staple or tape when attached?

We staple, but I'm sure taping would work just as well.

We staple, but I'm sure taping would work just as well.

Thanks! :)

For cruises that we have to fly to, I will probably bring a roll of tape and attach

the tags after we pick up our bags post flight. For the drive to, may try

the staple routine.

I checked and these are the EXACT tags I ordered from Amazon. They even say "Favors by Serendipity." I guess Amazon is certainly making their profit! I'm thinking of cancelling my order and re-ordering them direct from the Favors by Serendipity website. :mad:

I may have misread the price but I thought the amazon price was cheaper even though the tags came from Serendipity. I already ordered so don't think I will double check!

I have also used the clear packing tape on both sides of the folded, home printed tags. I use a hole punch to punch holes in the ends of each plastic taped tag. After the flight before heading to the ship I just use a twisty tie to attach to the bags. No need to bring the extra tape and/or stapler.

I just twist the ties together aNd put in my wallet or attach to key ring to make them easy to find!

I just ordered luggage tags from Amazon for my upcoming cruise on the Mariner. Total price for a set of 5 tags was 23.90. Pretty steep if you ask me but I wanted them anyway. There were several good reviews from people who had ordered them so I'm hoping they're worth the price. :) Anyone ever use them? What did you think?

Strange. I got a set of 8 from Amazon for a total of $23.90. Maybe they lowered the price?

Cruise Luggage Tag Holders (Set of 8)

Sold by Favors by Serendipity

Condition: new

$16.95

Item Subtotal: $16.95

Shipping & Handling: $6.95

Total Before Tax: $23.90

Shipment Total: $23.90

I will try to remember to check the sender's website in the future if my Amazon shipment is not coming from Amazon.

A while back there was a thread where someone said they purchased a clear plastic travel pouch with a toothbrush, small toothpaste & a toothbrush cover for $1 at CVS. I found the same ones at Walmart for about the same price (97 cents, I think). They are great. They have a zipper down the side and are big enough to accommodate the printed tags. To make them a little stronger I inserted a small grommet in the corner and plan on using a cable tie to attach to my bag. Not bad at a buck a tag and I have a bunch of new toothbrushes and toothpaste as well.

Strange. I got a set of 8 from Amazon for a total of $23.90. Maybe they lowered the price?

Cruise Luggage Tag Holders (Set of 8)

Sold by Favors by Serendipity

Condition: new

$16.95

Item Subtotal: $16.95

Shipping & Handling: $6.95

Total Before Tax: $23.90

Shipment Total: $23.90

I will try to remember to check the sender's website in the future if my Amazon shipment is not coming from Amazon.

Amazon does that, the price changes. I like the tape route, and just realized I have a bunch of metal ring binders to attach them after putting a hole punch in em.

A while back there was a thread where someone said they purchased a clear plastic travel pouch with a toothbrush, small toothpaste & a toothbrush cover for $1 at CVS. I found the same ones at Walmart for about the same price (97 cents, I think). They are great. They have a zipper down the side and are big enough to accommodate the printed tags. To make them a little stronger I inserted a small grommet in the corner and plan on using a cable tie to attach to my bag. Not bad at a buck a tag and I have a bunch of new toothbrushes and toothpaste as well.

Even better! I'll check the Dollar Store for those.

Hello all i wanted to weigh in on this on my last cruise i used amazon and purchased the Fellowes hot laminating pouches luggage id with loop 5mil 25 pack i also bought a small package of copier paper in bright Orange and on one side i has my name, address, city state zip, and cell phone number, then on the other side i had royal Caribbean cruise, ship name, state room number, and port info. I had a laminating machine but most library's or staple's will do this for you. I still use them off and one and have plenty more for the next cruise. I used these on the carry ons, regular luggage, and since i had a little one i had one on the stroller just in case. They held up great and did not lose one. I have to say the bright Orange paper i used really made my luggage stand out when looking for it. If anyone wanted i could take a photo of one side if needed.

Hello all i wanted to weigh in on this on my last cruise i used amazon and purchased the Fellowes hot laminating pouches luggage id with loop 5mil 25 pack i also bought a small package of copier paper in bright Orange and on one side i has my name, address, city state zip, and cell phone number, then on the other side i had royal Caribbean cruise, ship name, state room number, and port info. I had a laminating machine but most library's or staple's will do this for you. I still use them off and one and have plenty more for the next cruise. I used these on the carry ons, regular luggage, and since i had a little one i had one on the stroller just in case. They held up great and did not lose one. I have to say the bright Orange paper i used really made my luggage stand out when looking for it. If anyone wanted i could take a photo of one side if needed.

I'd like to see it if you don't mind?

Hey Bob,

Did you get those narrow luggage tags from amazon yet?

Yes, just got them yesterday. They are a set of 8, and come with the 6" loops. They fit the Royal luggage tags perfectly. I had to cut out the luggage tags because folding the tags as instructed made them too thick to insert into the narrow tag holders.

The only think I don't like is that they don't have the metal grommet like the Serendipity tags have. This might make them break off more easily. I'm going to try one of the Serendipity and one narrow on each bag and see how they make it through the next few cruises.

Bob

Yes, just got them yesterday. They are a set of 8, and come with the 6" loops. They fit the Royal luggage tags perfectly. I had to cut out the luggage tags because folding the tags as instructed made them too thick to insert into the narrow tag holders.

The only think I don't like is that they don't have the metal grommet like the Serendipity tags have. This might make them break off more easily. I'm going to try one of the Serendipity and one narrow on each bag and see how they make it through the next few cruises.

Bob

Wonderful! I'm going to order 2 sets today for my group of 10. Thanks!

When I click on the link - it says set of 8 for $23.99. With shipping of $6.95, that comes to $2.99 each. Not bad.

;)

These are what I ordered for our upcoming Feb. cruise. Haven't used them yet but they look like they will do the job. And yes, it was for 8 of them.

Bob

I order the serendipity ones with the longer strap and love them

Archived