Should i upgrade to a Central Park balcony?

I have an inside booked currently at a rate of $799 each cabin 11539.

Today I see the prices for Central Park Balconies have gone down. I can currently upgrade at no extra cost to a C2 balcony cabin? Should I do it?

Cabins avail are: 11253, 10615, 11253

I can upgrade to a C1 Central Park Balcony for $20 each, cabins avail are:

12207,12617, 12631, 12641, 14609, 14207, 12639, 12243

Should i do it?

i can also upgrade to a Boardwalk cabin for $40 more but I think I would prefer to look out over Central Park.

I am noise sensitive but if when the door is closed the noise stops I don't mind that, but love having the extra room and the chance to people watch.

We sail a lot on Princess mainly but this will be my first RCL.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Vickie

I have done an inside twice and they were too stuffy for me. I would pick boardwalk over central park - but noise doesn't bother me. I loved looking out and seeing the water and all the activity on the boardwalk. But sounds like you might like the CP balcony better. Either would be better - more room to breathe!

Enjoy!

Kathy

for free? Certainly I'd upgrade post haste.

Edit: since you are noise sensitive, I would run the cabin number of the deck 10 cabin through the search function of this forum. if no problems show up there, I'd pick it as it is a nice distance for the pool deck. do pack earplugs if you are sensitive...even if the door seals perfectly, you could have a crying baby or honeymooners next door.

Edited by Starry Eyes

thanks, any recommendations on the cabins I have written down? I am worried about noise above from pool decks for some.... help, If it was a cruise ship I had been on I would know but i feel rather like a Newbie for this trip, even after so many sailings

added to my post above in an edit.

Have fun...

My wife and I stayed in a deck 11 CP balcony in September on Oasis. No issues with noise at all. I think there were a few times we could hear CP entertainment, but it was not during hours when we were wanting to sleep. Night time was very quiet, I'd absolutely book a CP balcony again.

As far as noise from the pool deck it was really a non-issue for us and my wife is an afternoon napper on vacation. If you were out on the balcony you could hear the pool commotion, but it was really not obnoxious or loud inside.

Edited by WillWorkForCruise121

You won't regret a central park balcony! If you're on the balcony during the day, you can hear the pool band, but not when the door is shut. Night time is very quiet, and beautiful! There is live music in the park at night, but it's real mellow and cannot be heard when the door is closed. That was our experience, anyway!

Enjoy!!

Two more cents......if you are noise sensitive, do not book Boardwalk balcony. On some nights, can be loud until almost midnight. Afternoon naps can be the same. CP is much more calm. But after a Boardwalk on Oasis 2 years ago, we are opting for standard Oceanview balcony on Allure in March

Wow you all here have been so helpful... thank you

The consensus seems to be from my RCL fans and this thread that CP would be better than Boardwalk for me. I could see Boardwalk being good if we had kids.

I usually like to sit out on balcony and people watch, read, and relax, and Central Park seems right.

It sounds like having the door closed makes the cabin quiet, so that works for us.

I have just gotten 12633 C1 cabin, it ended up being $20 more per person.

Thanks again everyone.

• 5 years later...
On 11/9/2012 at 9:17 PM, sr4mjc said:

I was in cabin 10217 on the Oasis, it was very quiet. I loved the Central Park balcony, very pretty and quiet at night. I would definitely upgrade, that's a great price!

Thanks for that info.  Im sailing in March 2019 and I have that cabin.  Glad to hear it's quiet .