Celebrity cruisers impressions of Silversea

elena7seas

If Azamara had over 600 elites, then the whole cruise would be an elite cruise.:eek:

Currently, Reflections TA has more elites( something like 800) than the total capacity of an Azamara ship.

I think small ships are in my future.:)

We are considering a cruise on the Silver Whisper in the Baltic in September 2013. We have not cruised on any of the luxury lines, and although I have read the website information on Silversea cruise line as well as some reviews, I feel as if I need more information before we book the cruise. Could anyone who has sailed with Silversea comment on their experiences aboard one of their ships? I would be most grateful, thanks.

Like Maggie and others have noted, we had a great experience with Silversea in 2010 on the Silver Cloud in doing the Norway Coast from Copenhagen. You can see below the full live/blog that I did. Silversea offers a smaller ship with more personal service. There are always pro/con factors on a larger versus small ship, value for your budget questions, etc. We did the Baltics in 2008 on Crystal for the Baltics/Russia. Also, a great experience. Overall, for the Baltics, it does tend to be a more busy, intense port-focused experience. Under those situations, the ship is important, BUT, not the total focus compared to some cruises where you are spending lots more time on the ship.

The great news is that there are many different options in this great Baltics areas. Personally, we were very fortunate (and wise) to have three days in St. Petersburg, allowing us to use one of the days for day-trip, down and back, to Moscow.

Reactions and added questions??

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 109,775 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 86,399 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Archived