Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Hi Gambee!!! I couldn't come up with a better way to say Merry Christmas than this..so MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Hoping to see something from you here soon. I have to tell you also that I am happy as can be at the moment. I just received a new Nikon D3200 for Christmas and cannot wait to put it to good use. Your photo's have inspired me to become a better picture taker and having a good quality camera will help me do that!!! :)

Hi Gambee!!! I couldn't come up with a better way to say Merry Christmas than this..so MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Hoping to see something from you here soon. I have to tell you also that I am happy as can be at the moment. I just received a new Nikon D3200 for Christmas and cannot wait to put it to good use. Your photo's have inspired me to become a better picture taker and having a good quality camera will help me do that!!! :)

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too. Enjoy your camera, I have always enjoyed Nikon and the type of pictures they produce. To be honest I am not really sure, I think we are doing a short Sky cruise, which I will most likely not review. But later on in Aug we plan on going to do an eastern carib cruise, just not sure aboard which ship yet.

Thank you!

I know that you wrote this over a year and a half ago, and it has taken me three days to read this but it was wonderful. I am going on the western route of oasis of the seas in april 2014. Your pictures and information have help me make many decisions concerning what to do on each stop. Thank you for your time, patience and humor which is what is needed when you travel with 6000+ people.:)

Ok friends, lets see Jamaica. I need to mention some background here so you know why we decided not to do any excursions there. I am not sure if you are aware of this, but Jamaica is on of the most homophobic countries in the western hemisphere. There is a large amount of violence against homosexuals, that ranges from verbal to even homicide. Feel free do to a google search if you want more information on this.

I did not experience any aggression towards me at all, inside or outside the complex, I am pretty straight acting. On the other hand my bf said he was called a few homophobic terms more than once within the boundaries of the RCCL compound and followed around by some of the locals. I don't want to say he is feminine, but I guess he is more noticeably gay than I am. I actually did not wanted him to get off on that port, but he had other plans.

The second reason we decide to stay near port was because I had zero intentions on being inside a bus for over an hour to get to the desired destination. Falmouth is located far away from the most interesting things to do in Jamaica.

It puzzles me why RCCL decided to build a port for their two flagships in Falmouth, Jamaica. The town is poor beyond your imagination and well for us in particular you could say it is dangerous. So we decided to play it safe and just stay near port. Like I said I did however exit the compound and ventured into town, I will post on that later.

Ironically we woke up that day to the news that Obama had won the elections and two more states had passed gay marriage :rolleyes: life is funny sometimes.

This is probably the only time during my review that I will mention anything about this topic, but I just felt the need to share this with other fellow gay travelers thinking of visiting Jamaica. Thats all and nothing more, please don't think too much of it. I hope I did not offend anyone with anything said in this post.

All that said Mom and I were ready to have a BLAST. Hey, we where in the Caribbean, on vacation, in the WORLD'S LARGEST CRUISE (yes, by two inches over the Oasis ;) lol) and with near perfect weather :D. I also found out that some of my best pictures were taken that day, you are in for treat!. Jamaica has some of the most amazing wood carvers in the WORLD.

Just wanted to say Thank You for your detailed pictoral review. We just went on Allure for the 2nd time in August, and this thread helped me to prepare for our cruise. I have been to all of the ports in Jamaica on a ship, as well as stayed at the Ritz Carlton Resort in Montego Bay, and Falmouth twice now, the first time was on Oasis, the second on Allure. I did exactly what you did my first time there, just got off, shopped at the port, then got back on the ship. Nothing spectacular. However, my second trip there was dramatically different, the BEST tour ever! I had met a group of people on our Roll Call and we booked a tour together to Secret Falls. We researched a few private companies via cruise critic and trip advisor. We found this company to be the best fit for what we were looking for:

http://www.libertytoursjamaica.com

We emailed this company directly thru their website, and got a response the same day.

A phone call was recieved as well, planning our tour, even though it was months away.

We went with a group of eight, we had our own driver (Ricardo) and our own airconditioned van. He met us inside the gate at our pre-arranged time and he wisked us away.

It did take about 45 min to get to Ocho Rios where Secret Falls was, but SO worth the drive! It was amazingly beautiful! The water was a turquoise blue, there are hidden caves, cliff jumps, an exciting Tarzan rope swing, waterfalls, guides to help you along the way, and the best part- NO CROWDS! Totally secluded. Pure Paradise. There are NO vendors there to push any goods to sell. We did leave our guides a tip, since they helped us every inch of the way. They know the Falls inside and out. If you go back to Jamaica soon- please consider this private tour with LibertyTours! You won't be disappointed, this truly was the highlight of our cruise! I have been to Jamaica six times and this was the BEST tour I have ever done, thanks to LibertyTours!

• 2 weeks later...

Gambee, thank you for your wonderful review! I was directed to it while searching for a picture review of the Allure. I sail on her in March and I can't wait! My 3 year-old son is coming and I showed him pictures of the carousel, boardwalk, and the kid's pool and he is very excited! I joined your Facebook page, too. I look forward to reading your other reviews. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Best. Review. Ever. I am now following to make sure I dont miss any other of your reviews. I spent multiple hours looking at the pictures, reading your story and most of the comments. I know this review is older but stands up to the test of time.

Thanks for sharing your (and your mother's) story with us!

Thank you everyone for you continued support, sorry that Ive been a little MIA, but I started college again and my time is extremely limited.

As for those of you asking for the future cruises, I not sure yet. I want to do something for spring break but I am not sure if it will be possible. We are also looking at our mom/son cruise this year and it looks like it will be August.

The possible ships are the Breeze, Oasis eastern, Getaway or maybe even Divina(at the right price).

Once again thank you all for your continued support :)

• 3 months later...

Hi MOM!

Gambee- I'm only on page 14 and I'm loving, loving, LOVING this review!!! Your pictures are outstanding and I love that you are OCD about planning, as I am that way as well.

Can't wait for the rest! We are planning a cruise for spring 2016 (I know...sigh...too long!) with another couple but as long as I get to plan and seek and obsess then I'm happy!

Thanks so much! Mary

I leave on the Breeze on May 4, the review should start sometime in May. I will post the link here :)

Did I read you are thinking of an Eastern itinerary around August? My family and I will be on the allure 31st August! You and mum (sorry, British haha!) should join! :)

Did I read you are thinking of an Eastern itinerary around August? My family and I will be on the allure 31st August! You and mum (sorry, British haha!) should join! :)

Allure is out of my budget at this current point in time, but either way the only week I can travel is august 12. It might be a solo cruise so still weighting my options, most likely divina or getaway.

Thanks for the awesome review . We go on the May 18th sailing. Now I can't wait! Can you tell me if the Viking Crown lounge is open to anyone? We hope to check out all 19 bars and lounges , and that one looks like a great location . Thanks

Thanks for the awesome review . We go on the May 18th sailing. Now I can't wait! Can you tell me if the Viking Crown lounge is open to anyone? We hope to check out all 19 bars and lounges , and that one looks like a great location . Thanks

Viking Crown is open to all guests. Great views!

Edited by clarea

Allure is out of my budget at this current point in time, but either way the only week I can travel is august 12. It might be a solo cruise so still weighting my options, most likely divina or getaway.

My friend was on holy ship music cruise and said the Divina was the sexiest ship at sea. I am going on the allure of the seas in three weeks but after seeing the Swarovski Crystal's in the staircase on Divina I think I'm going to go for it. That infinity pool looks amazing too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will see you there!

My friend was on holy ship music cruise and said the Divina was the sexiest ship at sea. I am going on the allure of the seas in three weeks but after seeing the Swarovski Crystal's in the staircase on Divina I think I'm going to go for it. That infinity pool looks amazing too

There is a lot of criticism for MSC, so far my experience with them has been pretty bad and I have not even boarded the ship.... I am still going on them because them because I want to review them, and the price is right. On a side note, they will be pulling Divina back to the Med on 2015, it seems like the ship pretty much failed here. Considering that the CEO said that they were going to intensify their presence in the US market and now they are pulling out so fast. Personally I think they are pulling out prematurely, CCL, NCL and RCCL have created loyal customers, it takes time for them to try new things and convert.

Anyway, still plan on having an amazing cruise on her! :)

I leave on the Breeze on May 4, the review should start sometime in May. I will post the link here :)

Hi Gambee!!! I will be anticipating your Breeze review as I sail her in September!!! I hope you are doing well!

Hi Gambee!!! I will be anticipating your Breeze review as I sail her in September!!! I hope you are doing well!

All is good, nice to hear from you again. I am ready to board the ship already, after an incredibly busy and stressful winter, I am in dire need of a good vacation. This is my first solo cruise, so as you can imagine my anxiety level is a bit high, but overall looking forward for what I expect to be a great vacation.