Girly question .......

smithy62

Ok am not obsessed with the whole clothing issue but am curious.... what do you all wear to travel in? Long flight, crumpled, tired etc etc anyone got any tips?

I usually travel in jeans, t shirt and comfy shoes - would that be the norm for most or are some of you more glamorous than that??

Oh and what should the boys travel in (joggers a no go?) ?

x

OK, I haven't fly cruised, but my first thought was that jeans might be too constricting on long flight and too hot when you get there - assuming there is Barbados ? I would choose looser cotton trousers I think.

Interesting..... I did think of having something in the flight bag to change into. Then thought omg thats a whole other outfit to think about! Ha!

Right so jeans from UK, quick change in loos into linen maybe and hope don't look like a crumpled lump!

I leave home in the early hours of the morning when it can still be really cold yet when I get to Southampton it's usually a whole lot warmer so I wear cotton trousers that don't crush too much on the journey, a short-sleeved top, cardi-type jumper and a waterproof jacket so I just take off layers as the journey progresses. I know it will be a lot hotter in Barbados than Southampton but I still think a cotton t-shirt and light cotton trousers would be Ok for the short time from airport to ship. Your cabin is a/c so will be lovely and cool when you arrive. I never wear linen to travel. It could look pretty bad after a few hours in a case then time spent sitting on a plane.

We're in Barbados as well, in January, but we'll be arriving on Oceana so I'll probably be wearing a sun-dress, or shorts and strappy top ... but I'll be stepping out of my cabin on the ship into the port. Can't wait!!

Ok am not obsessed with the whole clothing issue but am curious.... what do you all wear to travel in? Long flight, crumpled, tired etc etc anyone got any tips?

I usually travel in jeans, t shirt and comfy shoes - would that be the norm for most or are some of you more glamorous than that??

Oh and what should the boys travel in (joggers a no go?) ?

x

Flying from London on a cold January morning does not inspire me to think about how I will feel when arriving in the Caribbean. So it is comfy loose fitting trousers, tee shirt plus long sleeve top. Once on flight off with shoes and on with my cosy slipper socks for duration of flight! I always seem to go from too hot or too cold throughout flight hence 2 layers. I also take travel size toothbrush & paste, deodorant, moisturiser and face wipes. So shortly before landing I have a lovely freshen up and change of clothes if I feel like it. Always have a pair of flip flops in hand luggage too!

As long as you have a few items in hand luggage I find you can get comfortable in the conditions you are in. Also it's not such a problem if your cases have not arrived at cabin for a while.

Always wonder how these 'celebs' arrive at airport after a long flight looking like they have just stepped out of hair and beauty salon?? Guess their hairdresser and make up artists are packed in their hand luggage!:p

I can't se what all the fuss is about. I always wear jeans, a t shirt, have a fleece in my bag and clogs. Yes, the jeans are a tad warm when you get there but it's not for long.

I always curse those people who clog up the toilets just before landing changing and doing make up etc. so that the rest of us can't have a wee. I now know who it is - its scareyness - who is now encouraging MORE inconsiderates to do it!!!

I have to say why be worrying about bringing a change of clothes you have enough to think about i go in comfy jeans tshirt and a cardigan if you get hot at the other end its only for a short time so dont worry and pick what ever is comfy on you :)

You all make me smile! I really am not too bothered by it was just curious as to what others did as obviously our Haidresser and stylist are not coming with us! However there is a 'fainting' tendency in our family when hot and tired so will be mindful of that regarding available layers to peel off!!

Thanks all :)

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, this thread made me chuckle!

Must admit, I have my flip flops & vest top out ready to wear on our outbound flight on 7th December! I can cope with a few manchester chills, but hate being too warm! Barbados! bring it on, wooh!:)

I'm a fan of Rohan outdoor/travel clothing; I've been wearing their stuff for years. So for a fly cruise I'd probably wear a pair of their Bags (trousers) complete with the nylon belt and other plasticky bits - zips, etc. Then layers, really - a light shirt, a fleece for the UK chill and a very light Rohan shell jacket on top to keep out the UK wind. The fleece will go into my hand luggage during the flight, and possibly the jacket as well. That said, Rohan clothes do have handy pockets everywhere so they're good to wear when going through immigration/passport control/security, etc.

We haven't done a fly-cruise yet, but it cannot be much worse than journey from home to our Aurora cruise 2 years ago. Up at 2.30 am, taxi to coach pickup point for 5.30am, followed by a 9 hour coach ride. It was our first time and we had no idea how filthy and dishevelled (and unsociable) we were going to feel when we checked in. Never again. In future, we'll wear the lightweight travel clothing we bought when we got back home and if we're cruising from this country we will definitely travel down the day before sailing and back the day after disembarkation.

We're planning an Antarctic cruise sometime, so it's interesting hearing of other's fly/cruise experiences, especially planning clothing when travelling from the UK in winter to somewhere where it's going to be hot.

I can't se what all the fuss is about. I always wear jeans, a t shirt, have a fleece in my bag and clogs. Yes, the jeans are a tad warm when you get there but it's not for long.

I always curse those people who clog up the toilets just before landing changing and doing make up etc. so that the rest of us can't have a wee. I now know who it is - its scareyness - who is now encouraging MORE inconsiderates to do it!!!

I promise you that I am not one of the inconsiderates you have come across! I have an extremely busy life and am always able to get ready in a flash, so I can freshen up in less time than it takes some people to pee!!:D So not guilty of clogging up the toilets ;)

Archived