Where can we get some ironing done once onboard?

FrenchPeach

Hi - we will boarding the Reflection this week and I would like to know where we can iron our clothes if need be.

Much thanks!

X does not not have any self service laundries or irons, you can send items out to be pressed, info will be in your stateroom....

Celebrity does not have laundry rooms; therefore there are no irons. There are no irons in the cabins. You are not permitted to bring travel irons on board. If you need something pressed, you need to give the item to your cabin steward - and you will be charged for this service.

I bring clothing that doesn't wrinkle - much. I also roll my clothes when packing. My husband has his dress shirts, dress pants, suits, etc. in plastic from the dry cleaner. This also keeps his clothes from getting wrinkled. Hope this helps.

I followed this tip. Layer your clothes or roll clothes as much as you can, then hang them in the bathroom and take long hot shower. It indeed got all the wrinkles out:)

I love X but found it really annoying that there were no self laundry services.

I followed this tip. Layer your clothes or roll clothes as much as you can, then hang them in the bathroom and take long hot shower. It indeed got all the wrinkles out:)

I love X but found it really annoying that there were no self laundry services.

This is our first voyage on Celebrity and I have to admit that I love Princess for providing laundry rooms, it just helps to cut down on the cost and I personally have issues with sending my intimate items to be cleaned by someone else (if you know what I mean). ;)

Hi - we will boarding the Reflection this week and I would like to know where we can iron our clothes if need be.

Much thanks!

The prices for pressing on Celebrity are so reasonable, I no longer press DH's shirts and trousers before I pack. Now I leave everything on the bed when we board with instructions for the cabin attendant to send them out for pressing.

They come back the evening of the second night out. Easy peasy!

Jo-Ann

NCL too all theirs out a few years ago as well.

We do NOT use garment bags as they do not travel well. Our hanging clothes are on hangars and do not go into the suitcase until the very last minute, still on hangars. We actually hang them in the car sometimes. Sometimes they go in just before we leave the house. We not put them in those dry cleaning plastic bags as that helps with wrinkles. Very first thing when we board is pull hanging clothes out and hang them.

Some things can hang in bathroom during showers. Most of the dresses are material that just does not wrinkle. Some of them are heavy and go in the carryon/roll aboard to reduce weight in suitcase when flying.

This is our first voyage on Celebrity and I have to admit that I love Princess for providing laundry rooms, it just helps to cut down on the cost and I personally have issues with sending my intimate items to be cleaned by someone else (if you know what I mean). ;)

Pack a small bottle of Woolite in your checked bag (inside a zip lock in case of spillage). See if you can purchase intimate items made of micro fiber with cotton panels you know where. Also pack some plastic clothes pins. There are usually lines in the showers. Microfiber dries quickly.

Personally, I enjoy cruising because I don't have to make the bed, do any laundry or plan and cook any meals. I deserve a vacation and doing laundry and ironing clothes are not part of my vacation plans. :)

If I can't pack enough like for a B2B, I'll send laundry out, but I will do my own unmentionables because the laundry is not kind to micro fiber.

I sent my larger items to the laundry, i hand washed my undies in the sink and took a few clothes pegs. I clipped these to the back of the deck chair on the balcony hiding the items behind the back of the chair so they were not visible or you can hang them on a hanger on the shower hook. I believe 3 days before end of cruise they offered one bag of laundry for $20, but compared to hotels, laundry charges are very reasonable.

It is unfortunate that Celebrity do not provide a laundry room for passengers just to iron out the odd wrinkle that some clothes collect while in a suitcase.But as has been mentioned, we are on holiday so send the items out.

Anyone any idea of costs for onboard laundry pressing etc ?.

Are onboard laundry services available?

Regular service, picked up before 9AM - returned next day. For same day service, picked up before 9AM and returned same day, add 50% express service surcharge.

LAUNDRY SERVICES

Jacket $5.95

Pants $4.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $4.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Sweater $4.95

Shorts $3.95

Dress $7.95

Skirt $4.95

Pajamas $3.95

Handkerchief $1.95

T-shirt $2.95

Undergarments $1.95

Swimsuit $2.95

Socks, pair $1.95

DRY CLEANING

Suit $12.95

Jacket $7.95

Pants $5.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $5.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $4.95

Sweater $6.95

Shorts $4.95

Dress $12.95

Skirt $5.95

Necktie/Tie $3.95

PRESSING ONLY

Suit $5.95

Jacket $4.95

Pants $3.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $2.95

Sweater $3.95

Shorts $2.95

Dress $5.95

Skirt $3.95

It is unfortunate that Celebrity do not provide a laundry room for passengers just to iron out the odd wrinkle that some clothes collect while in a suitcase.But as has been mentioned, we are on holiday so send the items out..

I have never thought it 'unfortunate' that there aren't ironing facilities on Celebrity ships. I pack to avoid wrinkles, and use Downey to take care of the few I end up with. In all of my cruises, I have never felt a need to iron something. If I had to have those facilities, I wouldn't complain about Celebrity not having them, but instead would cruise on a line that does have them. It's my responsibility to pick the cruise line that satisfies my needs or desires, not theirs to satisfy every need or desire I may have.

Archived