Royal Waitlist

Wandering_star

How long have you been on the wait list and do you know how much you have moved up so far?

Although this is a popular cruise, there may be a number of cancellations, especially around final payment time.

And sometimes cabins become available even though there is a wait list, so check the Princess web site for availability now and then and quickly reserve a cabin if you see what you want available.

Hi There

From the roll call not seen anyone drop off, while on the TA almost every week some one cancels,

so as a snap shot, would think numbers canceling the maiden cruise will be low,

question on wait listing, does each person get a number or is it based on cabins.

yours Shogun

I also believe you will make it. It may not happen until final payment is due as that is when many drop out. Also flights are very expensive to Europe and getting worse. So many will drop out when they find out the flight will cost about as much as the cruise. So just be ready to roll 3 months or so before. Also check back with your travel agent every now and then and ask where you stand on the list. That will give you a better idea of your chances.

I heard recently that the Royal TA cruise closed the wait list as it was at about 800 people. Don't know for a fact if that is true, but I would not be surprised.

You might make it. There's quite a lot of group space being held by travel companies so probably after the final payment date there may be movement.

I think this too so if you used an agent that had available cabins I guess you would 'jump' the waitlist?

Not sure how this works:confused::confused:

I heard recently that the Royal TA cruise closed the wait list as it was at about 800 people. Don't know for a fact if that is true, but I would not be surprised.
I'm not surprised. My sister went on the waitlist for any balcony in any category on the T/A last July and was about #450. As of a week or so ago, she was still about #375. I asked my TA about an inside just to get her on the ship and perhaps it was a stroke of luck or a good TA, she was booked immediately into a cabin almost across the hall from me. She's still on the waitlist for a balcony but is OK with the inside if she doesn't clear.

The Royal seems to be very unusual with few people canceling. I don't think the usual "you'll clear after final payment" applies, at least to the first few sailings. I think the TA group cabins have been taken. I've talked to several very high volume Princess TAs and they have nothing left and haven't for months.

I hope you get on! I had no idea that this type of cruise would sell out like this - I'm just unfamiliar with the maiden voyage craze, I suppose. We are going to be on the Royal later in the summer of 2013, and I am really looking forward to it - but so far, very few people are on our roll call.

I'm not surprised. My sister went on the waitlist for any balcony in any category on the T/A last July and was about #450. As of a week or so ago, she was still about #375. I asked my TA about an inside just to get her on the ship and perhaps it was a stroke of luck or a good TA, she was booked immediately into a cabin almost across the hall from me. She's still on the waitlist for a balcony but is OK with the inside if she doesn't clear.

The Royal seems to be very unusual with few people canceling. I don't think the usual "you'll clear after final payment" applies, at least to the first few sailings. I think the TA group cabins have been taken. I've talked to several very high volume Princess TAs and they have nothing left and haven't for months.

Pam, so nice to hear Nancy got a cabin!

Archived