What Big Shows are aboard Caribbean Princess now?

SkyMaster

Maureen, could you please add a few details about how to get to those 2 beaches near the port? How far a walking distance is it.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread but we're going to Aruba in 2 weeks.

Thanks.

It's O.K. I've got all the information I wanted, and frankly, I wouldn't mind finding out about the beaches in Aruba too. THANKS again, to all who responded to my question. ;)

"SKY"

Maureen, could you please add a few details about how to get to those 2 beaches near the port? How far a walking distance is it.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread but we're going to Aruba in 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Get off the ship, walk to the end of the pier and it's right there, to your left or right.

Sorry Maureen, but that show was on the CB in June and July, so it wasn't new in November.

Well then I'm confused Pia, because I heard it from Steve Lee, the music director who I became friendly with; the CD staff member who led our UST; Neil Roberts, in a private conversation; John, the Deputy Cruise Director; it was announced as such at the actual show; the Guest Lecturer, Phil also confirmed it was the first time performed on any Princess ship, as did Tom Franek, the Piano Man. I don't know why they would make such a big deal of it, if it wasn't true?

Are you sure that's the show you saw? It featured a pink cadillac that moved with the scenery and video background?

Maureen

Born to be Wild is a new show. Just got off the CB today and they couldn't stop talking about it, and the cruise director in all of his announcements during the day it premiered couldn't contain his excitement.

I also did the Ultimate Ship Tour and the dancers were talking about doing final rehearsals and blocking for it because it was brand new show for princess.

Well then I'm confused Pia, because I heard it from Steve Lee, the music director who I became friendly with; the CD staff member who led our UST; Neil Roberts, in a private conversation; John, the Deputy Cruise Director; it was announced as such at the actual show; the Guest Lecturer, Phil also confirmed it was the first time performed on any Princess ship, as did Tom Franek, the Piano Man. I don't know why they would make such a big deal of it, if it wasn't true?

Are you sure that's the show you saw? It featured a pink cadillac that moved with the scenery and video background?

Maureen

We saw it on the CB while on a British Isles cruise in June, Pink Cadillac and all. Perhaps this show was new to the entertainment staff. They are frequently moved to different ships. We were told that the CB was the ship that was premiering Born to be Wild for the first time also.:)

We saw it on the CB while on a British Isles cruise in June, Pink Cadillac and all. Perhaps this show was new to the entertainment staff. They are frequently moved to different ships. We were told that the CB was the ship that was premiering Born to be Wild for the first time also.:)

Wow... maybe they were just hyping it up for us by saying it was premiering? The dancers were new to the ship, our captain was new to the ship, the CD may have been also.

I was just going by what they told us when I said it was a brand new show. I apologize if I was misinformed.

Wow... maybe they were just hyping it up for us by saying it was premiering? The dancers were new to the ship, our captain was new to the ship, the CD may have been also.

I was just going by what they told us when I said it was a brand new show. I apologize if I was misinformed.

No need to apologize! In Princess lingo, it is new. It seems they run their shows for years and years. Frequent cruisers are begging for new material.:D

Born to be Wild is a new show. Just got off the CB today and they couldn't stop talking about it, and the cruise director in all of his announcements during the day it premiered couldn't contain his excitement.

I also did the Ultimate Ship Tour and the dancers were talking about doing final rehearsals and blocking for it because it was brand new show for princess.

Well, weren't we fooled!? Hope you had a great cruise.

The CD (Neil Roberts) wasn't new to the ship. In fact, he was supposed to leave on 10/31 but he and everyone else stayed on the extra 10 days. I think that you got a new CD. And Steve Lee is definitely not new to the ship. Plus, he leads the orchestra so should know what he's talking about. Obviously, a mass conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Sorry for opening a can of worms, but we cruise so often that none of these shows are new to us. I don't know whey they led you to believe you were seeing a premier. I suppose they consider a new cast a new show.

Bottom line is that you enjoyed it. And you will see it over and over and over............... for the next umpteen years.

We'll be doing the Caribbean Princess in January, and I was wondering what big production shows are currently being presented aboard? We haven't cruised Princess, except for the Ruby, in a couple of years, so whatever is playing will probably be new to us. THANKS for the info.

"SKY"

The person who started the thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1740919#post36113411 will be posting the Patters from a recent Caribbean Princess cruise, so all that you are asking about will soon be on that thread.

The person who started the thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1740919#post36113411 will be posting the Patters from a recent Caribbean Princess cruise, so all that you are asking about will soon be on that thread.

EXCELLENT! Thanks for that info,,,,,I'll watch for it. Can't wait to get aboard, as we haven't sailed Princess much in the last couple of years, so even if I've seen the shows before, it's been quite a long while. I do enjoy 'em though, even if I saw 'em yesterday. :cool: I simply love the entertainment aboard cruises. THANKS!

"SKY"

I was on Caribbean Princess last week and thought both the Born To Be Wild and Unexpected Boys (Frankie Valli tribute) shows were very good. If they had just been a little more accurate in lining up the pink Cadillac with the roads moving behind it, it would have looked real, but sometimes the angle was off to make it look right. A quibble.

The thin plot the Unexpected Boys used to tie together the Frankie Valli songs, was kind of lame, but the songs themselves were done very well indeed, and that's the important thing.

Some of the other production shows, I found myself dozing at times. But my wife enjoys them so we almost always go.

Archived