What Big Shows are aboard Caribbean Princess now?

SkyMaster

We'll be doing the Caribbean Princess in January, and I was wondering what big production shows are currently being presented aboard? We haven't cruised Princess, except for the Ruby, in a couple of years, so whatever is playing will probably be new to us. THANKS for the info.

"SKY"

Not sure about the CB, but here's the blurb on the new production show from the most recent newsletter: (obviously only on 2 ships per the article)

Take a trip back to the ’70s with Disco…Blame it on the Boogie, a whimsical look at ’70s music and fashion set in

our own glamorous discotheque. Passengers will enjoy classics by disco hit makers like Donna Summer, KC and

the Sunshine Band and a spectacular high-energy Bee Gees’ finale that will have everyone in the audience on

their feet. The retro show is filled with all kinds of fun surprises: there’s the media VJ/DJ who takes us on our journey, an elevated Saturday Night Fever dance floor and roller-skating dancers. The exciting show is even directed and choreographed by Director/Choreographer Liz Imperio who has worked with Madonna, Gloria Estefan, Jennifer Lopez, Dancing with the Stars and the Latin Grammy Show. Disco lovers and passengers who just want to boogie can save the date for two premiere performances — the show opened September 8th on board Emerald Princess® and opens November 30th on board Crown Princess.®

We are sailing in a week on the CB and this is the email I got from Pricness regarding entertainment for our cruise.

Original Productions

Spectacular shows in our theater are a hallmark of every cruise with Princess. Here are a couple of the shows scheduled for your upcoming cruise:

BORN TO BE WILD: With rock on the radio, we hit the road in a Pink Cadillac passing landscapes and encountering colorful characters on a spectacular media backdrop.CARIBBEAN CALIENTE: A hot latin show covering music and dance from Miami, Cuba, Mexico and the Caribbean Islands.

• Onboard Media

Your cruise features a selection of TV programs, special satellite events and recent Hollywood hits. Here’s a preview of what you’ll see on your upcoming voyage:

MOONRISE KINGDOM: Starring Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray. Directed by Wes Anderson. Rated PG-13, 94 Minutes.THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: Starring Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy. Directed by Christopher Nolan. Rated PG-13, 163 Minutes.

• Guest Entertainers

At Princess, we invite some of the world’s best entertainers – including comedians, magicians and guest singers – onboard to delight our guests. Here’s a few on your upcoming cruise:

Steve Moris: Performing Over 20 Years with The Beach BoysUnexpected Boys: Oh What a Night, a Musical Tribute to the Four Seasons & Frankie Valli

THANKS GUYS AND GALS! Now I've got something extra to look forward too. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I truly LOVE the production shows, and I can't wait to snag my usual seat in the theater, (Front Row, Center Stage) and see another fantastic show. Why don't y'all come along and join in the fun? :cool:

"SKY"

FYI: They keep changing the name of the same show thinking people will go if they think it's a new show.

Hot Hot Hot has been running for years and they changed the name to Caliente. Now they are calling it Caribbean Caliente? LOL. Still the same show.

FYI: They keep changing the name of the same show thinking people will go if they think it's a new show.

Hot Hot Hot has been running for years and they changed the name to Caliente. Now they are calling it Caribbean Caliente? LOL. Still the same show.

Yep, I noticed that too. We've seen Hot-Hot-Hot several times, but what the heck,,,I still enjoy it. I don't doubt that it's a whole lot cheaper to change the name, than to change the show. :eek:

"SKY"

So what different names can they come up with for "Motor City"?

On the CB now, new show tonight, "Born to be Wild" 70's,80'srock music ode to car culture. It was fun, entertaining.

Tomorrow is a Frankie Valli and the four seasons tribute show.

Born to be Wild is not a new show. Is the Frankie Valli show going to be in the theater or in the lounge?

Rumor has it "Bert Stratton" will be onboard with his piano antics when we board March 2, looking forward to that! (love him or hate him, lol)

I LOVE Bert, but doubt that he'll be aboard for my Jan 12th cruise. WOW, that would really be a bonus if he was.

Just sittin' here trying to think of another "snappy" name for the "Motor City" show. How about "Music from Mo-Town". :p

"SKY"

I LOVE Bert, but doubt that he'll be aboard for my Jan 12th cruise. WOW, that would really be a bonus if he was.

Just sittin' here trying to think of another "snappy" name for the "Motor City" show. How about "Music from Mo-Town". :p

"SKY"

The best name for Motor City would be...........GONE!

The best name for Motor City would be...........GONE!

Not quite gone, will be in the Piazza tonight at 7:45

HA! I think Pia is saying that the Motor City is literally GONE! Glad the show is still around though. :cool:

"SKY"

Born to be Wild is not a new show. Is the Frankie Valli show going to be in the theater or in the lounge?

Pia, I just got off the CB on 11/10, after a 14 day b2b, and Born to be Wild IS a new show. It was performed for the first time on the CB on 11/9. When I did the UST they told us it was new and just being rolled out fleet wide, starting with the CB. All the musicians talked about all week, saying it was the new show. And one of the lecturers on the ship told us his last talk was canceled so they could get in one more rehearsal.

The show is very innovative and I found myself going 'wow' several times. It utilizes props and a video background that makes it appear that the cast is riding in a pink cadillac, which visits several places along the way. You could see that it was the first show but the performers did a great job.

To the OP, there were comedians, magicians, a mentalist, 3 production shows, lectures, an amazing deck party, something going on in at least 4 venues around the ship every night, a great piano bar, with a wonderful and entertaining pianist (Tom), game shows, theme nights and so much to do I needed to stay onboard for 2 more weeks just to do it all.

The Frankie Valle show, Unexpected Boys, was one of the best shows I've seen anywhere. Funny, musically fantastic and all around entertaining. It isn't done by the cruise entertainers, but by 4 gentleman who joined the ship at one of the ports.

As for Aruba, it is a beautiful island, and if you want to go to the beach, you just walk off the ship and there are 2 beautiful beaches and some shopping right there, as well as Margarittaville.

Maureen

EXCELLENT! Thanks Maureen! Now I'm really getting excited for our Caribbean Princess cruise. I always enjoy 'em anyway, but it sounds like the entertainment,,,especially the BIG shows are going to be above and beyond my expectations. ;) I can't wait to get aboard!

"SKY"

Pia, I just got off the CB on 11/10, after a 14 day b2b, and Born to be Wild IS a new show. It was performed for the first time on the CB on 11/9. When I did the UST they told us it was new and just being rolled out fleet wide, starting with the CB. All the musicians talked about all week, saying it was the new show. And one of the lecturers on the ship told us his last talk was canceled so they could get in one more rehearsal.

The show is very innovative and I found myself going 'wow' several times. It utilizes props and a video background that makes it appear that the cast is riding in a pink cadillac, which visits several places along the way. You could see that it was the first show but the performers did a great job.

To the OP, there were comedians, magicians, a mentalist, 3 production shows, lectures, an amazing deck party, something going on in at least 4 venues around the ship every night, a great piano bar, with a wonderful and entertaining pianist (Tom), game shows, theme nights and so much to do I needed to stay onboard for 2 more weeks just to do it all.

The Frankie Valle show, Unexpected Boys, was one of the best shows I've seen anywhere. Funny, musically fantastic and all around entertaining. It isn't done by the cruise entertainers, but by 4 gentleman who joined the ship at one of the ports.

As for Aruba, it is a beautiful island, and if you want to go to the beach, you just walk off the ship and there are 2 beautiful beaches and some shopping right there, as well as Margarittaville.

Maureen

Sorry Maureen, but that show was on the CB in June and July, so it wasn't new in November.

Archived