One Man's Review of the Caribbean Princess

lovelearnteach

I find this review to be.......  

127 members have voted

1. 1. I find this review to be.......

I think it is up to the ship chef to decide. On an August 7-day Princess cruise there were three Pub Lunches held, but the menu with the curry chicken was only on the third one.

Please educate me: what are pub lunches?

Up until a couple of years ago it was difficult to get into the embarkation day lunch in the dining room.

Then Princess issued a press release saying that was an embakation day option for all. For months it was still difficult and on at least one occasion I had to show then press release in order to get into the dining room.

Now the fold out map they give you when you check in has a paragraph on the back inviting you to enjoy embarkation day lunch in the dining room (if still open) and the dining room personnel welcome you with open arms almost all the time. However, the extra people stationed all around the ship to guide new passengers never seem to know about this and send anyone who asks to the buffet.

is this in all three dining rooms or just in the one used for the traditional seating which on the CB I believe in the Palm toward the aft of the ship?

On our sailing, Coral was the dining room always used for both breakfast and lunch.

Look for eastoftheboston s review, he posted all the patters. They show each what is open the the hours on the back page.

Thanks; going to look for e of b review now.

On some sea days, Princess offers a menu similar to what would be offered in an English pub (fish and chips, cottage pie, etc.). People from the UK have posted to say it is not the best equivalent, but many passengers do enjoy it.

It is not held in one of the regular dining rooms, but in another area. We have seen it offered (on different ships) in the Wheelhouse Lounge, Sabitini's, and the steak house.

Edited by caribill

Ken... really really enjoying your review, and I know you have a life other then CC and this review... I had to scan all the way down to page two to find you so I just thought I'd comment to move you back to page one until you come back and add more.....:D:D:D

Ken,

Do you remember which terminal the Caribbean Princess went out of?

I am Trying to figure out parking option and the terminal makes a big difference on what we chose.

I talked to Princess today, and they did not know at this time.

Thanks!

Just off the ship yesterday. We left from Terminal 2 and returned to Terminal 29. Princess was offering shuttles to the parking garage.

~~Maun

Great loooooooooooooong review, which you had stated.

A question or two.

We are to do the same cruise in March. On Princess Cays, you rented the clam shells. Other than the clam shells, is there ANY shade???? Also, I believe you mentioned about someone selling items, is that correct?

:D Yes it is long, which is what I love, I love when a review takes me several days to read. I understand impatience, which is why I try to wait till the person is done, myself, personally ;):D:).

We don't normally rent a clam-shell, we only did this time because there was a special section of them just for our group. There are plenty of complimentary loungers, that you can move wherever you want. There are some already in shady spots, but if you prefer to be a little away from the crowds and are willing to drag the lounger there are some nice semi-private spots in the shade or the sun. They also have the bungalows for rent with air conditioning. Myself, I say save your money for shopping, there is no need to spend money on rentals on PC, unless it's sports equipment. The complimentary loungers are fine and plentiful and can be moved to any position, place, proximity you want.

They have shopping on Princess property and off Princess property. If you go behind the First Aid Station there is a guard at a gate, you will need your cruise card. The locals have a shopping area right outside the gate, which as far as I know they do not have to give Princess a % of their profits, like the ones do on Princess property. Not that I have anything against Princess making money, I just feel better feeling I helped the local economy a little more than Princess :).

Have a fabulous time on your cruise in March :)!

Ken,

Thanks for getting back to me...really helps some of the anxiety of 'not doing it right' on a new ship...I guess that's my fault for sailing with Carnival 4 years in a row, 3 times on the same ship (same stateroom :eek: ).

Jeff

Your welcome Jeff, thank-you for for posting your question :)! Who knows how many other were wondering the same thing but were, for whatever reason, unable to post it.

:D Hey if it ain't broke don't fix it, but sometimes it's nice to mix it up to have some comparison.

They are supposed to have a lunch menu reminiscent of something you would get in an English Pub. They are generally only offered on sea days as another lunch option. They are generally held in one of the bars, specialty restaurants or lounges.

is this in all three dining rooms or just in the one used for the traditional seating which on the CB I believe in the Palm toward the aft of the ship?

We already discussed this on the previous page, so no it's not the Palm, but the Coral on the CB until 1:30p.m.

Hey caribill I think you have a fan stalker :eek:;):D:)!

On our sailing, Coral was the dining room always used for both breakfast and lunch.

Look for eastoftheboston s review, he posted all the patters. They show each what is open the the hours on the back page.

:) Thank-you sweetie, what is your opinion on menu selection on Princess?

On some sea days, Princess offers a menu similar to what would be offered in an English pub (fish and chips, cottage pie, etc.). People from the UK have posted to say it is not the best equivalent, but many passengers do enjoy it.

It is not held in one of the regular dining rooms, but in another area. We have seen it offered (on different ships) in the Wheelhouse Lounge, Sabitini's, and the steak house.

:) Thank-you, your fans just follow you everywhere :D:).

Ken... really really enjoying your review, and I know you have a life other then CC and this review... I had to scan all the way down to page two to find you so I just thought I'd comment to move you back to page one until you come back and add more.....:D:D:D

That's so sweet thank-you, will be finishing very soon, thanks for your patience :).

Ooooh look, I just learned how to multi-quote!

I hope everyone will pop over and read Mark's entire review :)!

I keep sending them there, he should charge for patter viewing. He could retire early on the earnings. ;)

:) Thank-you sweetie, what is your opinion on menu selection on Princess?

I'm a bad one to ask. Picky eater here. I don't do much seafood or veggies. There was always something that I would enjoy on the menu. Only on the second night, I went with the fettuccine, as nothing else grabbed me.

One thing that I did consider to be odd- when ordering lunch in the MDR they want you to order dessert when you order the meal. I rarely know if I'll want dessert til after I've eaten. No biggie, I just had dessert!

I recommend talking to your waiter. Ours let us know which things didn't work well, such as the steak on the last evening. He said it ran tough, and I heard from those who got it, it was.