One Man's Review of the Caribbean Princess

lovelearnteach

I find this review to be.......  

127 members have voted

1. 1. I find this review to be.......

I too am enjoying the review...its like constant anticipation of what you're going to post next, nothing wrong with that!

Glad you fully enjoyed the cruise, was embarking a bit tough due to the construction, or is that finished yet?

Thank-you :), the construction for the most part is over, that was not the problem. It was the set up it didn't work, there seemed to be less seating so the lines were longer. Then there was another ridiculously long line on debarkation for a taxi.

Hey sweetie!! Enjoying your review, doing one of my own for our Emerald cruise. We found embarkation horrific as well. We had a better experience on the Emerald with our food this time. Tried the Crown Grill, awesome! Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Hey gurl,

:DCan't wait to read your review, we tried the Crown too :).

Yay your going to Hawaii, I'm so jealous ;):p:)!

Thank-you :), the construction for the most part is over, that was not the problem. It was the set up it didn't work, there seemed to be less seating so the lines were longer. Then there was another ridiculously long line on debarkation for a taxi.

Ok, now I read somewhere about the new set up, and some sort of different VIP area...is this for platinum/elite? I can't exactly remember last time, I believe we went into a seperate door into the VIP lounge and were brought in before all the others...is this still the same or has that changed as well. Sorry for the questions...its been a few years since I was last on and this will be my parents first go-around being platinum so they will be looking to me as to where we need to go! Thanks for any info, you're the best!

.....too much yaking back and forth ....actually buried the "review" ...... and was there a ship on this trip ......all I saw was photos of food .....

my vote ..... entertainingly boring....;)

:D You know your perpetuating the very thing your complaining about by posting :D;):).

I welcome, enjoy and encourage everyone to post comments, questions or just to tell me how fabulous I am :eek:!

Ok, now I read somewhere about the new set up, and some sort of different VIP area...is this for platinum/elite? I can't exactly remember last time, I believe we went into a seperate door into the VIP lounge and were brought in before all the others...is this still the same or has that changed as well. Sorry for the questions...its been a few years since I was last on and this will be my parents first go-around being platinum so they will be looking to me as to where we need to go! Thanks for any info, you're the best!

Well I'm not platinum, elite, or suite, so not sure about a special lounge for them all though I'm pretty sure there is one. They did have their own check-in kiosk for which there was no line they just walked right up and were checked-in. They also had their own line for the security check point also which was much shorter than our peon line :p. Maybe someone who actually experienced the V.I.P. side could comment, Sherry, Mark?

After a stop at the soda package table, we splurged and I got the Ultimate Soda Package, we headed for the top deck. Naturally I had to get a chocolate shake right away :p, MMMMMMM so yummy! By that time it was time to head back to our stateroom to grab our life vests for the muster drill, which was in Crown Grill.

153.jpg.2ec8c6925a1f0b77dbeef3b8b26e5f4c.jpg

154.jpg.c3035386074998063c1e4dee2cb63f54.jpg

155.jpg.aadd7298393fe37f2aaf67aa06dc7e66.jpg

156.jpg.a9a10a3f287da660910fb031276b36be.jpg

After dropping our life vests back in the room, we head off for some more exploring.

1st pic; The hallway to our home for the next 7 nights. We have to go through the Art Gallery to get to our room. Which is last one on the left P330. Loved, loved, loved the location of our room, it was so nice to come back from port and not have to wait with the crowds for the elevators. Walk one flight of stairs up and across the Piazza and through the Art Gallery and we are in our cabin, so easy peasy :D:).

2nd & 3rd pix; Vines is to left coming from our cabin and International Cafe is to the right with the Piazza straight ahead with the cool sculpture.

4th & 5th pix; Next stop Crown Grill to make reservations for Sun. night.

160.jpg.babddc0254861ad462e28fe7185f2170.jpg

159.jpg.61702400dbc092f06e731bb00c765f0d.jpg

157.jpg.e615f62dbfc28f5eb2f62054eeca9a57.jpg

164.jpg.dfdfbad7e1080ba94b954d0191ba63dd.jpg

165.jpg.c84adf3eaac73d40f0f99ac7147816d0.jpg

Edited by lovelearnteach

Well I'm not platinum, elite, or suite, so not sure about a special lounge for them all though I'm pretty sure there is one. They did have their own check-in kiosk for which there was no line they just walked right up and were checked-in. They also had their own line for the security check point also which was much shorter than our peon line :p. Maybe someone who actually experienced the V.I.P. side could comment, Sherry, Mark?

You called?

I think I dropped my bag off at about 11 or so, getting the taxi to the dropoff point took eons.

There was a horrendously long line for regular check in, priority entrance had no line at all. Scan bag, walk through metel detector, fill out screening form and over to the desk where there were 2 groups of 2 people ahead of me. About a minute and a half later, I was at the desk. BTW, desk lady had no clue what a Window Suite is, she saw WS, and thought I was working on the ship.

Then you are directed to the waiting area, Elite, Plat, Suite, etc to the left, everyone else to the right. Ms Princess Dragoon gaurded the priority side with her life! No seats on the peon side? Stand! About 11:30 they called the first color, very hard to hear. After a bit, I thought I heard a color called, but couldn't make it out. I went over to ask what had been called, and since I was using a walker the guy said to just go on up. The last of the first group was just getting their embarkation photo taken.

I was in my cabin, had taken a zillion photos of it when I checked the time, 11:55.

Priority rocks!

We had a separate waiting area on the ground level of the terminal, I was in the first group that got to go upstairs to have the welcome aboard photo taken (I was holding a green piece of paper with no number on it, whatever that means). The elites at that point went into a separate lounge that looked like it had comfortable seating (couldn't really tell because they shut the door), while the suite folks waited in similar seating to downstairs. So I guess suites get priority boarding, but not the nice lounge. Once we were cleared to go on the ship, they had the folks from the lounge go first (about 15 people at that time), then we went on board immediately after them. I have no idea what time all this took place, I was too busy worrying about how many people I was going to knock down in order to get to the Sanctuary early and reserve chairs for the week!

Ken' date=' I'm enjoying your review. I sailed with your group last year & met you on our roll call. We will be on this ship in February so I am waiting to read all about her! Thanks & take your time, I have 2 1/2 months :D

Karen[/quote']

Hey Karen, long time no see ;), glad to hear from ya, how's the family? Are you trying to be a copy cat :p;):D? Enjoy your cruise, we loved the CB and felt the MDR staff is the best out of our 3 Princess cruises.

You called?

I think I dropped my bag off at about 11 or so, getting the taxi to the dropoff point took eons.

There was a horrendously long line for regular check in, priority entrance had no line at all. Scan bag, walk through metel detector, fill out screening form and over to the desk where there were 2 groups of 2 people ahead of me. About a minute and a half later, I was at the desk. BTW, desk lady had no clue what a Window Suite is, she saw WS, and thought I was working on the ship.

Then you are directed to the waiting area, Elite, Plat, Suite, etc to the left, everyone else to the right. Ms Princess Dragoon gaurded the priority side with her life! No seats on the peon side? Stand! About 11:30 they called the first color, very hard to hear. After a bit, I thought I heard a color called, but couldn't make it out. I went over to ask what had been called, and since I was using a walker the guy said to just go on up. The last of the first group was just getting their embarkation photo taken.

I was in my cabin, had taken a zillion photos of it when I checked the time, 11:55.

Priority rocks!

Thanks honey bun :p;):D:).

So jealous of that awesome window suite you had, thanx for sharing the goodies :).

We had a separate waiting area on the ground level of the terminal, I was in the first group that got to go upstairs to have the welcome aboard photo taken (I was holding a green piece of paper with no number on it, whatever that means). The elites at that point went into a separate lounge that looked like it had comfortable seating (couldn't really tell because they shut the door), while the suite folks waited in similar seating to downstairs. So I guess suites get priority boarding, but not the nice lounge. Once we were cleared to go on the ship, they had the folks from the lounge go first (about 15 people at that time), then we went on board immediately after them. I have no idea what time all this took place, I was too busy worrying about how many people I was going to knock down in order to get to the Sanctuary early and reserve chairs for the week!

Thanx baby boy :p;):D, even though you didn't share any goodies with me :p:D:).

After exploring it was time for a little rest before having to go to our one and only mandatory meeting with our group. We were going to dinner as a group after the meeting together, all 550 something of us :D. Yeah you can imagine what that scene was like :D. So we sat at a table for 6 and ended up sitting just the 2 of us. I had the Crispy Hand-Rolled Vegetable Spring Rolls, Fortified Chicken Broth with Tortellini and Spinach, Slow Roasted Corn Fed Prime Rib with Natural Rosemary Jus and Horseradish Cream, Warm Passion Fruit Souffle and French Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee :). All very tasty and well presented by excellent service, heaven, I'm in heaven :).

173.jpg.f91600d1111f492884cacf078c6a543c.jpg

175.jpg.afb667039a549626dc1d26c40b67958b.jpg

176.jpg.73591ba2c4119fb28e8ec63b61afacb8.jpg

177.jpg.ad9de2c039496cf353b1819ba55eec46.jpg

179.jpg.09a6c93f6bf7871b7bbf6ca482846fa6.jpg

181.jpg.bd94342056f39934d4e4a73deae9c61c.jpg

183.jpg.ab364af4846a32476cc05e03ea3103e6.jpg

184.jpg.c449c6261a41fbcab90a87aeac20c1e4.jpg

185.jpg.f0b52e8b4c9548ad047b27b8b8ddf748.jpg