RCI Brilliance of the Seas transatlantic 13/04/13 to 23/04/13

sgagne30

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys/gals, just doing a follow-up on my previous posting to find out if there are any other FOD on the Brilliance of the Seas TA from San Juan to Lisbon, in April 13-23 2013.

This will be my fourth cruise with RCI, second TA, and I am just checking if there are any FOD on this trip. I usually travel with my partner and friends but this time no one is available to go... and I really want to do this trip. Anyway let me know if some of you are on board.

Steph

• 3 weeks later...

So Ron, so far we are 3 FOD on the ship!!! hahaha I am sure there will be more. Are you staying long in Lisbon afterwards? I am flying a day early in Puerto Rico and staying 2 nights in Lisbon. My partner could not come on this cruise, but the price and itinerary was interesting. I know I will need lots of R&R at that time so that's why I booked it. I am looking forward to it.

This will be my 4th cruise, on RCI, and my second transatlantic.

Well, I hope you are having a good holiday season, hope to see more FOD join in.

Stephane

Well hello! That is great. Are all of you also signing up for the meet and mingle? I have, last time I went to one I won a bottle of champagne!

Happy new year to all of you. Looking forward to knowing you all!

Stephane:(:)

It's a CruiseCritic meet & mingle, not a FOD meet & mingle, but it's always nice anyway to meet up with others. Under the "ROLL CALL" section of the forums, go to the "Royal Caribbean Meet & Mingle" link.

Once this is done, you'll see a box where there is a link to "Register to attend a meet & mingle party", click on it and it will bring you section where you can create a meet & mingle or look up a meet & mingle. Go to the look up and enter the required information and follow the instruction. I know the meet & mingle has been created as there was a need for 25 people to sign up, so it's all good to go. I never really met many people on a meet & mingle, but I like to go anyway. On boarding day you will have the invite in your cabin, also 2-3 weeks prior to departure you can go in the same section of cruise critic and you will find the info as well under the confirm section. I hope this helps.

Of course, we will have to see if RCI cruise director will create the "Friends of Dorothy" meeting.. I personally like it in the champagne bar, except if it is nice, then the Sky Bar is nice as well. I guess I will have to look at guest services on the bulletin board where it will be set up.

I am excited about that cruise, hope it is a good one.

Stephane

I see that it is still a quiet post! haha.. I hope you all had a good holiday season and that you are getting excited about the cruise. I am pretty much all ready for it.. just counting the days now...

Where are you all from again? I am from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

chat with you all soon.

Stephane

Cool, I have a friend in Chicago, from the gay rugby team, and friends of mine here in Ottawa who love Chicago.. (one of them did his PhD there). I can't say that I was ever there, except to transit through the airport ;)

Cheers,

Steph

Hey guys! I'm debating about this cruise or the Liberty Of The Seas from FLL to BCN. It's only $100 more, but I'd prefer to see Lisbon rather than Barcelona again. What are your plans in San Juan and Lisbon, if any? Where are you staying? I may be solo, depending on what my friend decides! But, it's a great deal regardless...:)

It's an awesome deal, and depending on what you book there are crown and anchor certificate right now as well for that cruise. I saved another $200... actually I upgraded instead... went from a E3 balcony to a D2 balcony... and I still have some onboard credit ...

I am quite active as well in the meet and greet forum of cruise critic... 7 people from the discussion board have signed up for the murder mystery dinner... sounds like fun.

At this time I am by myself going on the cruise, my partner could not commit so... I need holidays anyway.

I am personally arriving in San Juan the Friday, staying in a small hotel in Old San Juan for 1 night... in Lisbon, I am staying 2 nights... that's about it.

Steph

Thanks! I'm tentatively booked as of today...have until 1-28 to back out, but I sort of doubt that will happen! :D Which hotel in San Juan and Lisbon? I've staying in Old Town SJ at the Casablanca a couple years ago and it was a great location. Thinking about renting a car in Portugal to get out and see some of the country if anyone is interested!

For now I'm booked at the Casablanca lol.... Lisbon, still debating. The only thing with this cruise it might be a bit older and there is a lot less to do on the brilliance then on the liberty.... I was on the serenade last year for a week and its small.

I just want a relax holiday.

Stephane

What a small world! The Casablanca is a great little spot. I may look into it for this trip as well.

The Brilliance is going into dry dock after it hits Lisbon. So, I'm expecting it to be showing a bit of wear. But, I'm always amazed at how well they keep things up for the most part.

Any interest in cross-referencing dining so we can sit together? Maybe we could form a good-sized table of "family"? Otherwise, I'll switch to anytime dining once I board. As of now, I'm scheduled for late dining....

Yes, you are right, it's going into drydock and I think it will be getting lots of upgrades to restaurants etc. The cruise before our TA is a swingers cruise!!

I am set up for late dining, it could be a possibility to try and have the reservation crossed reference. We still have time for that as well. The 'str8' roll call board is actually pretty fun, the people are nice and you should (if you are not already) follow it as well. It's my first time going by myself, I have always been with my partner and usually with a group of 'family' but this one is a solo cruise for me, so that's why I am getting involved in the boards so much.. hahaha..

have a good one,

cheers

Steph

Hey Steph...glad to hear you are getting involved with the other side of Cruisecritic. I've done the same in the past when sailing solo, and it really does help. I especially enjoy doing cabin crawls if they sponsor them.

On my last cruise through the canal, I made more of an effort to be social and I really enjoyed it much more.

After a lot of thought, I'm going to switch my sailing to the Liberty of The Seas from Ft. Lauderdale. It's a bit longer sailing, and my friend there is more likely to join me. That ship stops in Lisbon for a day, so I'll get a taste of Portugal before it sails on to Cadiz and Barcelona.

I'm sure your sailing will be wonderful too!:D

Archived