Mariner, inquiring minds want to know!

39august

So to those who disembarked Mariner on Sunday, please answer some questions. How did you like the Dog House? Was it open on embarkation day at lunch? Is Luca the Concierge in the CL? And how did you like the DL and Erick? Can anyone comment on Giovanni's Table? Did the configuration change from that of Portofino? Was the pub smoking inside or non? It was smoking last year and I couldn't enjoy the music there for all the smoke which also rolled out into the Promenade. Thanks for any input.

Returned Sunday after 29 days on the Mariner.

Dog House open on both port embarkation days. Not crazy about hot dogs or sausage so didn't try. DH liked it.

Hated the CL - always too crowded in too small an area. Loved the new DL. Smaller configuration for the Holy Land cruise, all of Ellington's for the TA.

Giovanni's Table was excellent but prepare yourself for lots of food. We had a large group so served family style which was easier on the waistline:rolleyes: The entrance is now inside Windjammer by Jade. I prefer the old entrance outside of WJ.

Chops was also excellent. Had a wine we really liked in GT, but not on wine list at Chops. Asked for it and received with no problem.

Didn't go to the pub, so can't comment.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

I'll be on her this Sunday, so I'll know soon... I've raised the question about the pub before on here, and I'm really hoping they've axed the smoking. It was so bad for last New Years we couldn't stand it in there, and it even smoked up the Promenade. It became nothing more than a smoker's lounge, and because of that there were rarely any seats open even if you could tolerate the stank... Miss the Voyager-Galveston days when anyone could hang out in there and enjoy the entertainment without fighting the smoke. Mini-Rant over...

I'll be on her this Sunday, so I'll know soon... I've raised the question about the pub before on here, and I'm really hoping they've axed the smoking. It was so bad for last New Years we couldn't stand it in there, and it even smoked up the Promenade. It became nothing more than a smoker's lounge, and because of that there were rarely any seats open even if you could tolerate the stank... Miss the Voyager-Galveston days when anyone could hang out in there and enjoy the entertainment without fighting the smoke. Mini-Rant over...

You guys need the Australian rules - smoking is banned inside on any ship leaving from here. Only places allowed are outside on deck 5 portside I think (Radiance and Rhapsody) and same on deck 9. It makes it so much better for us non-smokers.

Hi, just got off on Sunday, smoking is still allowed inside the pub which was a put off for us, not easy to get a seat outside it at peak times as people sit there and listen to any music playing, no freestyle coke machines although they do have the self serve wine machines in Vintages now.

Yes, in DL.

The Tenuta dell'Argento was great. Booked it for next year:D

We're a long way from diamond !

Must've been the M&M, I remember I asked what "ssb" stood for . . .

OK on Tenuta, think I'll make a resv, can always change it !

Thanks, Topo! He is a great concierge. One other question, please. Are the "tapas" still complimentary in Vintages between 5 and 8PM or so when you buy a drink? Uh oh, another question. Does the champagne bar still offer free caviar with a drink from 5-8 PM?

Thanks, Topo! He is a great concierge. One other question, please. Are the "tapas" still complimentary in Vintages between 5 and 8PM or so when you buy a drink? Uh oh, another question. Does the champagne bar still offer free caviar with a drink from 5-8 PM?

Yes, still free tapas in Vintages. Don't know about free caviar but saw that there was a bar middle in the Champagne bar with some food on it. Don't know what the food was though.

Thanks again Topo. Since you saw food at Champagne bar, I'll bet it included caviar. There used to be caviar snacks in the CL's, but I haven't seen any in quite a while. However, a friend just returned from Liberty TA and said the snacks for DL included some caviar. Wonder if it will show up on other ships CL's again?

Returned Sunday after 29 days on the Mariner.

Dog House open on both port embarkation days. Not crazy about hot dogs or sausage so didn't try. DH liked it.

Hated the CL - always too crowded in too small an area. Loved the new DL. Smaller configuration for the Holy Land cruise, all of Ellington's for the TA.

Giovanni's Table was excellent but prepare yourself for lots of food. We had a large group so served family style which was easier on the waistline:rolleyes: The entrance is now inside Windjammer by Jade. I prefer the old entrance outside of WJ.

Chops was also excellent. Had a wine we really liked in GT, but not on wine list at Chops. Asked for it and received with no problem.

Didn't go to the pub, so can't comment.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Did you happen to notice if they had the bags of beer that are insulated?

Did not notice bags of beer that are insulated.

Only buckets!

But could have been available though!

We were drinking other beverages!

Just got off of Mariner on Sunday. Yes, they offered the bags of beer (beer-fest in the cruise compass) twice that I can remember. Although doing the quick math is seemed like a really bad deal. I didn't purchase but you got an insulated bag, one plastic cup with an LED lighted base, 1 bottle opener and a choice of 5 beers (with a couple of exceptions). I think the price was $75 but not positive.

Hope this helps.

Just got off of Mariner on Sunday. Yes, they offered the bags of beer (beer-fest in the cruise compass) twice that I can remember. Although doing the quick math is seemed like a really bad deal. I didn't purchase but you got an insulated bag, one plastic cup with an LED lighted base, 1 bottle opener and a choice of 5 beers (with a couple of exceptions). I think the price was $75 but not positive.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Hope this helps.

GOD!!! I hope this is a typo, because if not then RCI has LOST THEIR MIND!!!. The bag, cup and opener can't be worth more than $15-$20 so that would make the beer more than $10 each. Anyway, the bags are nothin special, just a typical insulated bag with RCI logo.:confused:

So to those who disembarked Mariner on Sunday, please answer some questions. How did you like the Dog House? Was it open on embarkation day at lunch? Is Luca the Concierge in the CL? And how did you like the DL and Erick? Can anyone comment on Giovanni's Table? Did the configuration change from that of Portofino? Was the pub smoking inside or non? It was smoking last year and I couldn't enjoy the music there for all the smoke which also rolled out into the Promenade. Thanks for any input.

The Dog House is good, can't remember if open on embarkation, Luca is the Concierge, he's usually on Deck 9, Giovanni's Table is VERY good! Unfortunetley the pub is still smoking, but only inside, not on promenade.

Archived