Excursion Cost Increase

spindrift

We are sailing Oceania 12/27/12. Looking for private tour guide. Sent email to one highly recommended but have not received a reply. Any suggestions? The ship tours are so expensive!

You need to go to your roll call. Go to Oceania Roll Calls. Then click on the ship you are on. Then find your sailing. Your fellow cruisers will be there.

What is not provided (included?) in the Cruise Fare, should obviously be available for us to purchase at cost.

wd-171.jpg?w=595That business model ALWAYS works out well.... :cool:

Absolutely not. They should make a profit. It's a business, not a charity.

But I wonder why they price gouge on excursions when other cruise lines do not. Azamara is a good example. Similar size ships (just using the R ships for comparison), similar demographic, far more reasonable prices on excursions. Oceania could probably still make a nice profit if the prices were more reasonable. There might even be greater participation since some cruisers prefer to avoid the hassle of arranging private tours.

I could do the same comparison that Seashore Girl did for any number of private excursions I have taken. The numbers are staggering. O is sometimes charging 3 and 4 times what it costs to take a fabulous private tour.

We are sailing Oceania 12/27/12. Looking for private tour guide. Sent email to one highly recommended but have not received a reply. Any suggestions? The ship tours are so expensive!

I am not surprised you did not get a reply a little late in the game

I would post on your roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1492819

Maybe someone will have space on a private tour

People book private tour a year in advance

good luck

Archived