Quickshuttle not quick!!

gigivic

We used quickshuttle to go from Seattle to Vancouver to board the ship. Never again. It took almost "7" hours! We made at least 25-30 stops and the bus was very uncomfortable. We will pay the difference from now on to fly directly into Vancouver for sailing. We were miserable. The only time the driver got on the main hiway was to cross it!

I've never used QuickCoach, but we had the occasion to check their schedules last month when trying to figure out how to get back Vancouver to Seattle. In the soutbound direction, they do have a couple of schedules that are express (nonstop) from Canada Place in Vancouver to Seattle airport. All of the other make various stops as the OP stated. I'd definitely book one of their express schedules and steer clear of the "milk runs".

Not happy to hear the 7 hour thing, have never heard anyone complain before about this. We are booked for our trip in a 2 weeks. Have the direct bus back but not going. Are there any alternatives . . . . even private van companies? Thanks

Wow, you certainly had a different experience from ours. My family of four took the shuttle (the S2) from Vancouver to Seattle this past Monday. It left the Vanc. Holiday Inn at 9:30 and we arrived in downtown Seattle before the scheduled time of 1 pm. We spent about 20 minutes at the border taking our bags through customs; that was the only delay.

I have used the Quick Shuttle Bus service many times and never experienced this. Are you sure you were on Quick Shuttle and not the Greyhound bus (that one is the milk run and does take 7 hours but is cheaper).

We live in surrey a suburb to Vancovuer so always board the bus at ist last stop just before the US border. once over the border they ocassionally stop at the Bellingham Airport if someone has prearranged for this stop. Otherwise it is direct to Seattle on the I 5. Once in Seattle there is 1 stop in downtown Seattle then on to SEA. Our trip time is always just under 3 hours.

We took the quick shuttle many years ago so the schedule and the policies hopefully have changed but I would never take it again. To this day we laugh about the "quick shuttle". Some of the problems on the way to Vancouver were the driver let everyone waiting on line at the other WA airport (Bellingham?) board, and then he realized there were more people than seats so he had to get everyone off and organize everyone with their luggage and deny boarding to some and then reload the luggage. Then he had to stop at his business office to run the new people's charge cards. It took forever at customs where we had to all take our luggage off the bus, through customs and back on the bus, since there were some none US citizens on the bus.

On the way back it took so long half the people missed their flights. Again it took forever and a half at customs because there was one person on the bus with customs issues. Later the bus had to go to a weighing station and they told him he had to change one of his tires. Well that little detour took forever. By this time we were starving. What the bus did not stop for is food or water.

I understand they tape the cruise ship shuttle bus doors so they do not have to stop at customs.

This year we are cruising roundtrip Seattle. But we always said if we had to go from Seattle to Vancouver again we would look into the train. Has anyone done that?

Ellen

Day before yesterday in north Seattle two of them were parked on the median shoulder on Interstate 5 (southbound - i.e. going to the Seattle airport) during rush hour, one obviously broken down with unhappy-looking pax staring out the window, the other bus was (I presume) the relief bus, parked behind it. However, given their location I doubt if they would legally (certainly not safely) be able to transfer passengers from front bus to back bus, since the pax would be climbing down the stairs right into the fast lane of the freeway; never mind those pax that might be mobility-challenged. This is not the first time I've beheld broken-down Quick Shuttles during my commute. Not so quick for those folks. I wonder what arrangements Quickcoach Ltd. makes if folks miss their flights.

Archived