Dawn Princess 28 Day Circumnavigation of Australia Itinarary

Hi,

I've managed to find an itnarary of the Dawn Princess' 28 day tour around Australia in November / December 2006.

Ports are : Sydney - Brisbane - Whitsunday Islands - Cairns - Darwin - Broome - Exmouth - Perth - Bunbury - Albany - Adelaide - Hobart - Burnie - Melbourne - Sydney.

Sounds like a good trip.

Jim

Ports are : Sydney - Brisbane - Whitsunday Islands - Cairns - Darwin - Broome - Exmouth - Perth - Bunbury - Albany - Adelaide - Hobart - Burnie - Melbourne - Sydney.

Sounds like a good trip.

Jim

Hi Jim,

The itinerary looks really great,2 days in both Darwin and Perth and an overnight in Hobart.

I heard from one on line agent that 1500 people pre registered their interest and when boookings opened only grades J&K where available.

And a warning when booking........

Make sure you check out the special Conditions of Passage they have for this cruise...............

namely a NON REFUNDABLE deposit of $AU 1,000.00 per passenger.

I think that is a lot to pay for something so far out.

David

• 2 months later...

My wife and myself were booked to go on this cruise but because of popular response to cruising in America they have decided to keep the Dawn there and bring back the Pacific Princess. We are still going on the cruise but they have also changed the itinarary see below....

1. Sydney

2. At Sea

3. Brisbane

4. At Sea

5. Whitsundays

6. Cairns

7. Cooktown

8. At Sea

9. Thursday Island

10. At Sea

11. Darwin

12. At Sea

13. Broome

14. At Sea

15. Exmouth

16. At Sea

17. Fremantle

18. Bunbury

19. Albany

20. At Sea

21. At Sea

22. Adelaide

23. At Sea

24. Hobart

25. At Sea

26. Burnie

27. Melbourne

28. At Sea

29. Sydney

:)

Where did you find the information about that cruise? We have a 14 day cruise on the Statendam for Nov, 2006, but my wife is more interested in Australia. Can you direct us to where we find the information. Thank you.

Where did you find the information about that cruise? We have a 14 day cruise on the Statendam for Nov, 2006, but my wife is more interested in Australia. Can you direct us to where we find the information. Thank you.

Hi boards,

I dont think the information has been published yet.But you can check out Australian Cruises here.....

http://www.pocruises.com.au/html/

When the Circle Australia cruise was first announced it was to have been on Dawn and P&O took pre registration interest and it sold out when bookings opened.

Dawn holds 1980 passengers whereas Pacific Princess has 680.

They announced the new cruises to booked passengers and rebooked them on 2 sailings around Australia,11 Nov 06 and then again on 28 Feb 07, but even with 2 sailings that is only 1360 passengers, 600 short of what Dawn could have taken.

Yogles,

Glad to hear you are going.Which cruise have they reboooked you on?

We have been rebooked on the 11 Nov sailing

The Pacific Princess is a lovely ship . I am sure you will both enjoy her.I have sailled on her before and will more than happy to Circle Australia on her.

Do you know if the sailings are for 28 days as per Dawn itinerary or 30 days as per Pac Princess sailing in Nov '05, & including 2 more ports, Cooktown & Thursday Island?

They are 28 night cruises and include the 2 new ports of Cooktown and Thursday Island,while the departure times from Fremantle and Hobart have been brought forward to midnight rather than early the following morning........as per yogles posting of the itinerary above.

Archived