cellphone use

spotter27

My phone (verizon) didnt work for phone calls at all. It did work for texts (most of the time, every time the ship left a port it was searching for a few hours). Had to use the room phone for a quick call home to my husband and son each night. Didnt really cost that much though.

You can use your AT&T cellphone in almost all countries. What you do need is a world phone and most AT&T cell phones are world phones. The rates vary by country so check with AT&T to see what the rates are . You can buy an International package which gives you lower rates but if your use is minimal it would not work out for you. Be sure international calling is turned on which AT&T does for no cost.

Verizon/Sprint cellphones use a different technology than does AT&T/T-Mobile and the rest of the world. Therefore they have limited capability in other countries so check with your carrier to see if they will work. The ship has both cell tower types onboard so all the US cellphones work. Some countries have both particularly in tourist areas but many do not.

Do u have to pay extra to use your phone in the Bahamas. I have at&t.

It's not paying extra. It's paying. Phones operate in territories that you pay for. If you pay for domestic service only, than it is only good in the 50 states plus some of the territories like PR and VI. If you have an international plan, than it is included. So check you plan and see what you have. IF you really want to use it, you phone carrier will add the services on and explain them better than this board. Makd sure you understand what you have or you will be hit with a huge bill

I just went thru this last week on our Destiny Cruise. Calls from Bahamas are $2.49 per minute, if you call At&T and add international calling it will lower the rate per minute by .50 per minute I believe. Bahamas are one of the most expensive places to call home that I have encountered.

Archived