Question about Spa on NCL Jewel

psbfan01

We have never sailed NCL before and are considering a Jan 2014 cruise out of NOLA!

I have heard that thalassotherapy pools are great and was just wondering if the spa on the Jewel has one. I have read conflicting reports. Someone said it has a lap pool, not a t-pool.

Is there anyone who is 100% sure about what is there? And what the cost is for a weekly pass?

Somewhat unrelated, are there any perks or benefits that come with staying in a mini-suite, or are the benefits just for full suites?

Any other comments or pertinent info on the Jewel would be appreciated!

We have never sailed NCL before and are considering a Jan 2014 cruise out of NOLA!

I have heard that thalassotherapy pools are great and was just wondering if the spa on the Jewel has one. I have read conflicting reports. Someone said it has a lap pool, not a t-pool.

Is there anyone who is 100% sure about what is there? And what the cost is for a weekly pass?

Somewhat unrelated, are there any perks or benefits that come with staying in a mini-suite, or are the benefits just for full suites?

Any other comments or pertinent info on the Jewel would be appreciated!

The Jewel spa does not have a lap pool in the spa.

There are co -ed cermanic warm lounges and a co-ed fairly large hot tub. Floor to ceiling windows overlooking the bow of the ship.

The mens and women's seperate areas have a single person cold plunge pool, hot tub that holds 4, steam room and an amazing large sauna with large windows.

I miss the lap pool, but still enjoyed the spa.

My friend and I were on the Jewel on Thanksgiving week, and hightailed it up to the Spa the first afternoon for a tour and to purchase a weekly Spa Pass -- hands down, it was the best decision we made. It was $149/each, no couples option. We wanted a relaxing cruise experience and love fancy spas, so it was perfect for us. It was good to have because the weather was very windy all week (and fairly cool even in FL and the Bahamas) and there were loads of kids on-board. The spa is kid free. We were in the spa once or twice every day, and often showered there because it was roomier than in the cabins. Also, the people who purchase the spa pass get to use fancy body scrubs.

As you can see in the pictures, there are women and men-only areas that have a big hot tub, lockers, fancy showers and regular showers, a steam room, a sauna, a plunge pool and nice chairs. Then there is the shared, unisex Relaxation Room that had the bigger therapy pool and the heated ceramic loungers, as well as ice water, tea service and OJ all day. I would have purchased one of those heated loungers to take home with me if I could have!

We took advantage of one of the port-day specials and got a massage / facial combo package. My friend also got accupuncture on the next to the last day in hopes that it would help her seasickness. I do wish NCL would offer some incentive for purchasing the weekly spa pass -- even 10% off of services would sweeten the deal a little more.

In the future, I would rather pay for the spa pass then pay extra $ to have an outside cabin.

Archived