DIY Activities in Grand Cayman?

ratfam

Looking for recommendations for DIY options during our Grand Cayman stop on Freedom of the seas for me, DH, DD17 and DS14. We have been lucky enough to do a stingray city/snorkeling tour in the past and I would love to find something different to do that doesn't involve shopping. How is it to go to Magen's Bay or other beaches on your own? Is there access/facilities, places you can purchase food? Thanks for any suggestions!

Magen's Bay is in St. Thomas...not GC! 7-Mile Beach is the most popular beach in GC for cruisers.....there is a bus off the tender dock, $2.50 pp that will take you to any of the beach access points along 7-Mile Beach. There are restrooms, restaurants, chair/umbrella rentals and watersport equip. avail.! It's an easy, fun, and relatively cheap (nothing is "cheap" in GC!!!) beach day!

Thanks again for the recommendations. I didn't know whether the turtle farm would be worth it but it sounds like we should look into it.

If you are going to do it, I would recommend getting an underwater camera! I took some amazing pics of the fish and turtles that are in the lagoon! It was like swimming in an aquarium !

I always roll my own by just heading over to Sunset House

good snorkeling or diving from shore there with on site dive shop

one of the best bars on the island, with good food as well, but far enuf from town that it will not be over run by the cruise crowd and is not the same as you can go to in the states (M'ville comes to mind....)

no sand tho - this is Iron Shore country (the same geography you'd see at Hell! 'cept Hell isn't on the water.)

Find map, menu and pictures here:

http://www.sunsethouse.com/

Archived