Educated Guessers Wanted! Price likely to go up or down?

NoName

Educated Guessers Wanted! Price likely to go up or down?

I booked a 10 day Carnival Miracle Cruise out of NY for 3/6/13. I am traveling with my sister. We booked several months ago when a great balcony deal became available. At the time, I invited my husband and 19 year old to come along. They turned me down at the time, fearing they would miss precious snowmobile riding time.

Well, my son has now changed his mind and wants to come. Since my husband would be losing his riding partner, he wants to go as well. The problem is that the pricing has gone up considerably since I originally booked. My family has become very spoiled and only wants balcony rooms. To book another balcony room at this point would cost 500 dollars MORE than I paid for my room. (We need another room as it would be unfair to my sister to add my family to our reservation...besides...not enough room for 4 adults in one room!)

So, I am trying to decide: Do I book now to ensure they get a balcony room? Or….Do I hold out for after final payment which is just four weeks away and hope that the price goes down? What is the worst case scenario if I wait….they have to cruise in a window cabin or an inside cabin…..what is the chance of the cruise selling out completely? How soon prior to sailing does this usually happen?

Advice?

I would book an inside cabin and tell their privileged butts that it's the penalty for procrastinating with regards to the cruise. If they want to visit you in your balcony, they can of course. ;)

While not phrasing it quite the same way, I agree.

It was their mistake in not agreeing originally.

They will indeed survive in an inside cabin and can join you on your balcony during the day.

Book the most economical category that they could live with (maybe an oceanview cabin with a panoramic window). Then watch the prices. If they go down before final payment you can get the price adjusted or you can move up. If there are price drops after final payment and no more price adjustments are allowed, then they can upgrade to a balcony. But at least they'll be booked at a price that its agreeable to all.

June can be iffy with price drops. It's the beginning of the high season, but it's early, so anything could happen. I've seen them spike, and I've seen them drop like a rock.

For our cruise on the Allure of the Seas last year (late may), we booked close to departure in part because the prices dropped in addition to a resident discount at the last minute. Couldn't pass it up.

I would book an inside cabin and tell their privileged butts that it's the penalty for procrastinating with regards to the cruise. If they want to visit you in your balcony, they can of course. ;)

Love it! I almost laughed out loud while reading this post! This is exactly how I feel.....however, I know they would just make my life, not quite as enjoyable...and I don't want to hear it all trip! But thanks for the laugh!

Kim

Not one person said to take a chance and wait....so I guess I would be crazy to risk it. I think I will book perhaps an inside with the french doors....and if the balcony prices go down, I will bump them up.....if not....oh well.....

Thanks for the advice!

Kim

Totally agree. That's the price they pay for being indecisive. If they get luck and there are some price drops, they could then weigh the benefit to upgrading thier cabin.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Archived