Recommendation for "S" Suite on Westerdam

yojimbo

We're about to book an "S" suite for the 7/20 Baltic sailing on the Westerdam. This will be our first time on HAL.

I'd appreciate some advice re desirable suites and locations. I've read some of the comments on this board re the aft suites not having privacy. I think this would not be ideal for us...so what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

On the Westerdam we had 7053.

On the Oosterdam we had 7954.

Both midship and handy to the Neptune Lounge.

On the Zuiderdam we had 7077 - past the elevators - too far from the Neptune Lounge.

In the Baltic you will have more protection from the elements with a verandah that is midships.

We were just up the hall from where KK was. We were in cabin 7051 on the Westerdam. We were close but not right across the hall from the Neptune. We actually liked this location. For some reason we tend to always book on the Starboard side but for our upcoming Maasdam and waitlist for an S Suite we will take any side for a "S":)

We were in Cabin 7060 on the Oosterdam...

It was right outside the exit door for the Neptune Lounge, and both far enough from and close enough to the elevators to be quiet and handy.

It was also high enough above the lifeboats to have a wonderful view from the verandah... two decks above the lifeboats.

I would definitely book this stateroom again!

Best of luck with your choice... I don't think you can go wrong with any of the S Suites.

• 2 weeks later...

I would reccomend a midship suite on Rotterdam deck. Being right across from the Neptune Lounge does not have much privacy, and I would reccomend being forward of the midship elevators. Try 7047-7054 or 7063-7066. You could also try something aft of the midship elevators, but it is a bit noisy back there, even on the higher decks.

I would highly recommend corner aft suite 5187 for the HUGE balcony. We had this suite on the Zuiderdam and LOVED the suite. Only problem is it being in the back of the ship. It can be a long walk back to your cabin if you forget something, but I would book this suite again in a minute.

The aft suites are also very nice because of the huge balcony, although the cabin's interior is a bit smaller than the other suites. It is in the back of the ship, and the way that the vista ships are built, these corner aft suites don't have much privacy. I would also reccomend getting a higher deck than deck 5 if possible for the aft suites. The spectacular view that you get in the back of the ship is much nicer when you are on decks 6, 7, or 8.

Archived