Finding a hotel with optional of them holding your luggage with a toddler in tow. :)

afrazier319

My family and I will be returning from our cruise on Dec 23 and leaving back on the plane out of FLL airport at 8am the 24th (Christmas eve) I was wondering If you could help in trying to finalize the decision on where we will room that night. A few things I am really worried about is I have a 3year old and well I am worried once we get to the room we will not be able to go to the room to drop off luggage or even have them hold them until the room is done and well traveling with all that luggage and a kid can be hard. Also with leaving on Christmas eve we will def need to be leaving the hotel early to make sure we don’t get caught up in any delays with the holiday travel.

Any advise on where to stay. Our budget will need to be no more than 120 a night but would like a little cheaper but if they take our luggage and we don’t have to haul it around until check in at 3pm I would def pay more.

Thanks

www.sunny.org provides info on most FLL area hotels. Several budget options nearby the FLL airport -- hopefully one of the locals can chime in with specific suggestions. As meintioned above I have never had a hote refuse to store luggage while we were waiting for the room to be prepared. Good luck! :)

Since you won't have a car, you can either look near downtown which is closest to the pier. ( $10-12 cab ride from ship) Or if you are okay with it, stay out by the airport. Many of those hotels offer shuttles to the airport in the morning or if not a very short ten dollar cab ride in the A.m.). ANY hotel you choose will allow you to hand over your bags so you can sit at the pool or whatever you are planning.

I just checked on hotwire.com and for your night you can get the Hilton Marina...4 star downtown for only $73. A great deal. Or if you want an airport hotel, they have one of the 3 star properties for only 67$. That would be the Springhill Suites, Hyatt Pl South or Holiday Inn express.

Looks like you will be able to work with much less than you budgeted. ;)

You can check out these hotels on tripadvisor.com

Archived